perception [Theme]

Before Carrie, I wrote other novels - Fury, The Long Walk and The Running Man were later published. Of these, "Rage" is the most problematic, "The Long Walk" is the best. But none of them taught me what I learned from Carrie White. The most important thing is that the author's perception of a character can be just as erroneous as the reader's perception of him. The next thought is that quitting your job because it is emotionally or imaginatively difficult is not worth it. Sometimes you have to continue even if you really don’t want to, and sometimes good work happens even when it seems like you’re shoveling crap while sitting down.
№ 464907   Added Viker 19-03-2024 / 13:01
“They all think that we haven’t changed, those damn parents of ours,” said Flavio. - Their world is an island, fishing boats, village gossip and the damned Festival of St. Agatha...
№ 463489   Added Viker 14-03-2024 / 13:17
Aesthetic perception is understood as “the process of receiving and transforming aesthetic information, which presupposes a person’s ability to feel the beauty of surrounding objects, to distinguish between the beautiful and the ugly, the tragic and the comic, the sublime and base features in reality and in works of art, and at the same time experience feelings of pleasure, pleasure or displeasure .
№ 463070   Added Viker 13-03-2024 / 11:24
Example: “only complete success or complete failure are possible”, “people are only good or only bad.”
№ 462559   Added MegaMozg 06-02-2024 / 15:21
February. The shortest and most grumbling month, fluctuating mood, naked perception of things, and you, lost somewhere between heaven and earth, thoughts already in April, but wet feet in scraps of melted snow, smelling of watermelon rinds.
№ 462438   Added Viker 06-02-2024 / 10:04
After all, we know that there is still time, which, as we have noticed, changes the characteristics of a person. A person grows in childhood and youth, decreases in height in old age, gets fatter, loses weight. And if time can change a person’s external characteristics, then that means everything that is hidden can also be changed by time! And if, with the help of physical exercises, we ourselves, over time, change our body, our figure, our external data, then it means that we simply cannot help but have the ability to change our indicators in those dimensions that are hidden from view. This means that we have the ability to increase our power of thought, change our perception of the world, reduce anger, increase the allotted time and change our other qualities. But we don’t know how to do this, because we don’t know ourselves, we don’t know our other dimensions, which we don’t see, which are inside us.
№ 462127   Added Viker 05-02-2024 / 15:14
Self-knowledge is the opportunity to see, understand, explore, and maybe change, balance your depths, what is hidden from view. I’ll try to explain it to you using geometry as an example. I think it will be clearer this way. You went to school and know what a cube is, right? Here, imagine that you are holding a green cube in your hands. What can you say about him? Its color and the three dimensions of this figure: length, width, height. All! We look at it based on the three-dimensional dimension instilled in us since childhood. We don't see anymore. In addition, we can only see three sides of it because we are accustomed to three-dimensional measurement, so the remaining sides are hidden from our eyes. But, nevertheless, we know for sure that there are other sides too, although we do not see them. Now imagine that inside, from all the edges of the cube, there are also faces inside it, which are connected to each other with other faces... You know what a tesseract is? This is a four-dimensional hypercube. Imagine that these invisible faces can move, shift, change in size, go beyond the boundaries of the cube, give birth to new faces, turning from a tesseract into a penteract - a five-dimensional cube. That is, outwardly you are holding in your hands what seems to be an ordinary three-dimensional cube, but in fact it can have many dimensions. And it’s difficult for you to measure what’s inside, you don’t see it. But that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It's the same with a person. We see his external data, we can measure his height, shoulder width, waist size and the like. But we cannot measure his power of thought, his thinking, his sensitivity, his perception of the world, the time allotted to him and much more that we feel, know that it is, but do not see it. It's all hidden to the eye, somewhere inside.
№ 462126   Added Viker 05-02-2024 / 15:14
Therefore, he says to himself: “I thought about her correctly and adequately when I met her. My perception of her was correct. Everything is fine with me. She is the one who has changed. Why she changed so much - I don’t know. This is all the influence of her envious friends. Her family is turning her against me. Is she mentally ill or is she physically ill. Perhaps some medications affected her.
Quote Explanation: Internalization is the process of transforming beliefs, values, evaluations of other people and norms of behavior into qualities of one’s own personality, both positive and negative.
№ 461689   Added MegaMozg 18-01-2024 / 03:54
My perception of the dogmas set forth in the catechism was also not clear; for example, I remember very well that promising to follow
№ 460721   Added Viker 10-01-2024 / 15:48
Taking a sip of a Cuban cigar is like inhaling the aroma of a freshly poured glass of wine.
№ 460694   Added Viker 10-01-2024 / 15:44
We perceive things differently depending on who we are.
№ 460524   Added Viker 10-01-2024 / 15:17
If a person knows how to be surprised, admire, rejoice at beauty, rejoice at talent - this person is happy, for him life is interesting, it always opens up for him in a new way, is always unexpected. I envy such people who have retained their childish perception of the world. Unhappy are those who are not pleased by sunrises, not touched by beauty and talent, and angry by surprise.
№ 459418   Added Viker 07-12-2023 / 12:28
Everyone who lives with us on earth. They suffer without words, which is even worse.
№ 458829   Added Viker 05-12-2023 / 12:53
The world is your perception of it. The inner and outer always correspond; they are reflections of each other. The world is a mirror image of your thoughts. If there is chaos and confusion within you, then your outer world should reflect this. You must see what you believe because you are a confused thinker who looks outward and sees himself. You are the interpreter of everything, and if there is chaos within you, then everything you see and hear must also be chaos. Even if Jesus or Buddha were standing in front of you, you would hear confused words because the confusion would be in the listener. You would only hear what you thought they were saying, and you would start arguing with them as soon as your story was threatened.
№ 458556   Added MegaMozg 14-11-2023 / 14:42
Anxieties, fears and doubts prevent us from living in joy and peace. Make a decision to break the vicious cycle of negative thoughts. Perception can greatly distort the real picture. The picture of the world is projected by our internal state. We see our reflection around us.
№ 458404   Added MegaMozg 09-11-2023 / 18:42