ambition [Theme]

Ambition often forces people to indulge in the lowest activities: they climb upward in the same position as they crawl.
№ 461549   Added Viker 15-01-2024 / 13:01
I believe that an essential sign of a healthy mind is living without ambition. Ambitiousness and ambition are a disease, it destroys, and diseases are the usual companions of death. Ambition is destruction, bitterness, hatred stemming from a sick consciousness; This is jealousy, this is a constant struggle between man and man, this is war.
Quote Explanation: Ambition and feelings of inferiority
№ 461545   Added Viker 15-01-2024 / 13:01
He was too tired to think, and was already beginning to feel disgusted with himself, as if he had done something shameful and irreparable. Everything elevated in him was suppressed, his ambition was dulled, and his vitality weakened so much that he no longer felt any aspirations. He was dead. His soul was dead. He became just a beast, a working beast. He no longer noticed any beauty in the sunshine that pierced the green foliage, and the depth of the heavenly azure no longer excited him and did not evoke thoughts of the cosmos, full of mysterious mysteries that he so wanted to solve. Life was dull and meaningless, and it left a bad taste in my mouth. A black blanket was thrown over the screen of his imagination, and his fantasy languished, driven into a dark closet, into which not a single ray of light penetrated.
№ 459080   Added Viker 07-12-2023 / 11:37
As a child I was disgustingly vain, after which my tonsils were cut out. Since then I have had no vanity or ambition.
As a child I was disgustingly vain, after which my tonsils...
№ 456973   Added MegaMozg 25-09-2023 / 18:00
Read more, drive away the thought of drinking in the future, do not start smoking, do not reach for those who started doing a bad thing early. Remember that you have a lot to do for your people. And everything that will interfere with this - wine, tobacco (you must be a healthy person), laziness, exorbitant ambition - drive everything away from you. All the best!
№ 450593   Added Viker 24-02-2023 / 17:56
Ambition is an excusable sin for a serving person, and perhaps not even a sin at all, for it promotes zeal.
№ 439340   Added Viker 26-05-2022 / 12:02
Ambition, glory did not bother me. But carnal love, the joy of victory over many rivals - it was strong in me.
№ 437006   Added MegaMozg 16-03-2022 / 15:03
Modesty is the lot of insignificance, and a genius need not humiliate himself with self-flagellation. Suppressing ambition in people, society leads them and itself to ruin.
№ 428054   Added Viker 27-09-2021 / 14:49
Are everyone, like me, capable of a crime, if the opportunity presents itself, and are innocent only because of their inability to act, are they really ready to serve evil in order to satisfy their ambition? However, in Lyons, I made a vow to be just. But is it? ... Is human nature generally low or does the throne make us so? Or is this immeasurable filth and abomination - the inevitable tribute that we pay for the right to wear the crown? ... Why did God create us mortals, because death is to blame for our vileness: we are too afraid of it and too willingly use it as our tool. .. Perhaps even tonight they will try to kill me.
№ 409930   Added MegaMozg 21-12-2020 / 19:09
Question: What is the biggest obstacle to progress?
Answer: Pride and selfishness; I'm talking about moral progress, for intellectual progress occurs constantly. It even seems at first glance that it doubles the activity of these defects by developing ambition and the love of riches, which in turn, motivates activities that enlightens his spirit. So, what happens is that everything is interconnected as the world's moral and physical, and out of evil can come good; but this situation is only temporary; it will change as people begin to understand that beyond the pleasure earthly things there is happiness infinitely greater and infinitely more lasting.
Quote Explanation: N 785
№ 397222   Added Viker 07-06-2020 / 14:08
- But you don't even know me.
- I know you're smart and ambitious.
We both know that's not enough.
- You're angry, but don't show it. This is the best kind of anger, it motivates you without making you a target.
№ 395068   Added MegaMozg 16-05-2020 / 11:18
Ambition is characteristic of almost every person and every author.
№ 374566   Added Viker 13-07-2019 / 13:10
The heart of the ambitious woman is an incomprehensible abyss.
№ 369838   Added MegaMozg 14-05-2019 / 11:09
The desire to do something or not to do in order just to please other people, is called ambition.
№ 366947   Added MegaMozg 18-04-2019 / 01:11
What we take for the nobility, is often disguised ambition, which, despising petty gain, goes directly to big.
№ 355713   Added MegaMozg 07-01-2019 / 21:12