the instinct of self-preservation [Theme]

Fear can be overcome. Experienced fighters like to believe it. Fear that has a cause is weak. It can be stopped by experience and willpower. If you have a cause, this fear-like feeling can only be removed by removing the source. But true fear has no reason. It's not a feeling, it's an instinct. True fear needs no reason and has no end. It is like a horde of insects slowly crawling over the body. Instinct cannot be escaped.
Fear can be overcome. Experienced fighters like to believe...
№ 450550   Added MegaMozg 18-02-2023 / 20:06
Everything that is worth something is not easy to do, but this is one of the oddities of human nature: when it comes to self-preservation, when you need to do something on which your very existence depends, the necessary forces are found.
№ 447985   Added Viker 29-12-2022 / 09:43
When you drown, you try not to inhale the water until you start to lose consciousness. This is called "voluntary sleep apnea". No matter how crazy you are, the instinct to keep water out is so strong that you fight until your brain boils with suffocation. Then, when you finally breathe in, the pain will stop. No more fear. This is one kind of peace...
Quote Explanation: Stiles at the psychologist's appointment
№ 434443   Added Viker 26-01-2022 / 18:36
Nothing will harm or kill you faster than ignoring your own instincts.
№ 434288   Added MegaMozg 17-01-2022 / 10:54
They clothed their longing in cynicism, which is comparable to how darkness is clothed in laughter - for self-preservation, only more ugly. Thus, the children hardened themselves, deciding to respond to hatred with hatred.
№ 422050   Added MegaMozg 05-07-2021 / 23:15
“… And finishes off the monster,” Blade said. - And then it turns out that this is the president of the local ufological society, burning with happiness, rushes to them in order to be the first to give the long-awaited aliens a bouquet of wildflowers. And to himself he thinks: “Finally! It is finished! First contact! The only pity is that they are so ugly, these aliens. If I were not sure that they are reasonable, I would have crushed them without any hesitation! "
№ 417409   Added Viker 22-04-2021 / 12:27
The curiosity of cats is much stronger than her sense of self-preservation.
№ 401637   Added MegaMozg 29-07-2020 / 05:42
People should try to extend its life to fulfill its assigned duty; that's why God gave him the instinct of self-preservation, which supports it in the test; without it, he would frequently despair. Secret voice, forcing him to push away death, tells him that he can still do something for its development.
Quote Explanation: N 730
№ 397031   Added MegaMozg 04-06-2020 / 14:48
Question: Can we consider the destruction of the law of nature?
Answer: it should be destroyed in order to be able to be reborn again, as what you call destruction is only a transformation that has the goal of updating and improving the living beings.
Question: If the destruction is necessary for rebirth of living beings, what nature gives them the means to self-preservation?
Response: For the destruction is not done earlier is needed for this time. Every premature destruction slows down the development of the rational principle; that is why God has given every sentient being need to live and reproduce.
Quote Explanation: N N 728 and 729
№ 397029   Added MegaMozg 04-06-2020 / 14:42
The attachment to life there is something which surpasses everything in the light of adversity. Judgment of our body is no less important than the judgment of our mind and body avoids self-destruction. The habit is formed early the habit of thinking.
№ 393091   Added MegaMozg 06-05-2020 / 11:54
Toxic poisoning man
Accumulated imperceptibly,
But strongly.
Appears in the body, thickens in the nerve cells,
Suddenly and dramatically brings people to impotence.
Explosion, breakdown, crying, pain, and apathy
Fee stretched "sympathy".
And why is this tolerated?
You do not pay for this.
(And even get paid.)
All. is. limit.
And to save yourself,
You remove the mask,
Untie the blindfold
She falls from the eyes
And you see my trouble.
I say to myself:
"I can't do this anymore".
They say to him:
"I need to be alone".
Embrace and love yourself at least an hour.
Put it on pause you
And go drink tea.
"Don't touch me.
I need to be alone.
Goodbye!"
№ 391055   Added MegaMozg 12-04-2020 / 20:51
To be optimistic is an art not to create on a blank spot of extra enemies. And they are enough.
№ 385231   Added MegaMozg 28-12-2019 / 01:32
Don't get the negativity it will attract even more negativity. Help, even in small forms, a positive and admire them every day.
№ 385229   Added MegaMozg 28-12-2019 / 01:28
The survival instinct causes an irresistible desire to understand the real feelings of your partner, so invented ways to decipher the meaning of his words and deeds, searched for meaningful clues.
№ 371394   Added Viker 02-06-2019 / 13:57
From early childhood, we live with the setting that we are living someone else's manipulation. First we hung the leash our mothers, grandmothers, nannies, sometimes fathers. Then, as adults, we fight to pull out the leash from the hands of our harsh teachers and begin to look for those who with pleasure will undertake to lead us on. Everyone is looking for the hand stronger.
№ 371378   Added Viker 02-06-2019 / 13:56