uncertainty [Theme]

Fear is worse than punishment, because punishment is always something definite, and whether it is heavy or light, it is still better than unbearable uncertainty, than the terrible infinity of waiting.
№ 462122   Added Viker 05-02-2024 / 15:13
“We must understand that leadership develops where there is external challenge, uncertainty, consistent company policy, timely and regular feedback to the leader and support.”
№ 461469   Added Viker 15-01-2024 / 12:48
An emotionally mature person should fully accept the fact that we live in a world of probabilities and chances, where there is not and probably never will be absolute certainty in anything, and should realize that it is not so terrible at all - such a probabilistic, changeable world.
№ 452978   Added MegaMozg 22-04-2023 / 18:48
In Hell, the most terrible thing will be the eternal fragility and injustice of everything you experience.
№ 449925   Added Viker 08-02-2023 / 10:38
At that time, we all did not know too much. About the "Others" that seemed to us only a natural disaster - and that an unthinkable conspiracy is hiding in front of the everyday fear of them. But the main thing is that the least of all I then knew about my own fate.
№ 448007   Added MegaMozg 29-12-2022 / 10:24
The truth has always made me regret uncertainty.
№ 445358   Added MegaMozg 11-10-2022 / 12:45
I don’t know ... it’s worth it or not to turn the steering wheel. But I know for sure that you need to choose a path. For uncertainty will only lead to unhappiness and loneliness.
№ 441826   Added MegaMozg 07-07-2022 / 05:42
- You have trust issues.
Quote Explanation: Novella "Arcanum"
№ 438285   Added MegaMozg 06-05-2022 / 12:18
However, we must admit everything frankly: whether the nerve was upset, whether from new impressions in a new apartment, from the recent blues, but little by little and gradually, from the very onset of dusk, I began to fall into that state of mind that so often comes to me now, and which I call mystical horror. This is the most severe, painful fear of something that I myself cannot define, something incomprehensible and non-existent in the order of things, but which will certainly, perhaps, this very minute, come true, as if in a mockery of all the arguments of reason will come to it will appear before me as an irresistible fact, terrible, ugly and implacable. This fear usually grows stronger and stronger, in spite of any arguments of reason, so that finally the mind, in spite of the fact that at these moments, perhaps even greater clarity, nevertheless loses all possibility of opposing sensations. They do not obey him, he becomes useless, and this dichotomy further increases the fearful longing of expectation. It seems to me that this is partly the longing of people who are afraid of the dead. But in my anguish, the uncertainty of the danger further aggravates the torment.
№ 429610   Added Viker 29-09-2021 / 18:36
The old schemes no longer work,
New - not born.
I bring out on the asphalt clearly:
"This is a new life."
Much has been done.
The sail is straightened, the anchors are raised.
But the changes delight the brave:
They will conquer the seas.
Old schemes crumbled to pieces.
I'm looking for a guideline.
Their ashes are carelessly scattered on the ashtrays.
The passenger is exposed.
Looks in confusion, catches a ride,
Looking for a way.
«S. O. S.»
I don't doubt for a moment:
Hardship is growth.
The old schemes no longer work.
In the new game - carte blanche.
How I want to learn without the hustle and feel
Create a balance in it.
№ 422815   Added MegaMozg 10-07-2021 / 12:39
The uncertainty of danger is the essence of terrorism.
№ 419447   Added MegaMozg 20-05-2021 / 23:27
Don't raise children, they will still be like you. Educate yourself.
(English proverb)
Family as a small state:
in order for it to have less conflict and arbitrariness, there should be rules that streamline the life of the family.
Family rules reduce anxiety and uncertainty in the family, make life in it more predictable and less energy-consuming, because then you do not need to spend time thinking about simple things - they are simply agreed.
But it happens that the rules in the family seem to exist, but someone has the right not to follow them. Or, for example, for the same violation of the rules, one child is punished, and the other is not. This different application of the rules is called double standards.
Double standards in the family put the child before a difficult choice, and the choice is not between the correctness of actions, but whose side is safer or more profitable to choose.
Quote Explanation: From the article Double standards in education
№ 416139   Added MegaMozg 30-03-2021 / 18:30
While I live in this nightmare of uncertainty, every minute feels like an hour to me.
Quote Explanation: The story "Sea contract".
№ 404440   Added MegaMozg 24-09-2020 / 12:48
- As I, as perhaps many in Wessex, my wife's afraid of it. What will be written in the future. The uncertainty of the future.
- And then, my Lord, will life. It will continue as always.
- But how? Who will rule? What God will praise? What language to speak? Whose law will prevail?
- You have lived your time, the time will soon come others. God... or the gods will decide for themselves.
№ 401823   Added MegaMozg 01-08-2020 / 15:48