valor [Theme]

It seems that the Harry Potter books, like modern Aesop's fables, tell us that ultimately it is not knowledge, not special external preparations, not even piety that saves us. Only the properties of our soul - courage, love, inner valor - make us receptive to grace that can bring salvation in spiritual war.
№ 461290   Added MegaMozg 13-01-2024 / 12:33
You need to be valiant for your own sake and for the sake of the advantage that consists in mental firmness, confidently resisting all blows of fate.
№ 460526   Added Viker 10-01-2024 / 15:17
The most valiant are sometimes the most unlucky.
№ 459317   Added Viker 07-12-2023 / 12:13
Valor is the strength not of our hands or feet, but of courage and soul; it does not depend on the qualities of our horse or weapon, but only on our own. The one who fell without betraying his courage, who, in the face of death threatening him, does not lose the ability to control himself, the one who, breathing his last, looks at his enemy with a firm and contemptuous gaze - he is defeated, but not defeated.
№ 459316   Added Viker 07-12-2023 / 12:13
Valor will disappear if you don’t remind people that it still exists in the world! Without it, people are not people.
№ 458994   Added Viker 07-12-2023 / 11:24
Do you know that Lord Norris Rycott, Earl of Abingdon, has a quadrangular tower two hundred feet high with the motto: “Virtus ariete fortior”, which supposedly means: “Valor is stronger than a battering ram”, but in reality, you such a fool, it follows translate: “Courage is stronger than war machines.”
№ 457567   Added Viker 31-10-2023 / 11:52
There is courage, which is manifested only in the close circle of the home environment, it is not inferior to military prowess. Moreover, it requires even more effort and more effort.
№ 454347   Added Viker 20-06-2023 / 10:53
I am writing a book about the war in order to show people, and above all Russians, that war is a monstrous crime against man and human morality, I am writing in order to, if not curb, then at least slightly calm the aggressive principle in a person. And you need to glorify valor in war and long-suffering, while forgetting that the more you lie about the past war, the sooner you bring the future war closer.
№ 449571   Added MegaMozg 06-02-2023 / 11:57
- This is the basic law of valor. When you see something like this - something worthy of self-sacrifice, whether it's a righteous war or saving someone you love - it's a life-affirming theme, overgrown with myths and beliefs and brings us back to the Maya. The stories they told while sitting around the fire in the cave, the cave paintings inspired people in the same way that films do now. That's why we tell stories - to impress and inspire, to evoke emotions and feelings. What won me over about Desmond was that he was willing to lay down his life for others. He saved 75 people in a fierce battle without firing a shot. This is an inspiring act.
№ 439863   Added MegaMozg 26-05-2022 / 19:39
One word can change an action. One action for a lifetime. If you can gather a handful of those who share a common goal with you and an unshakable belief in the need to achieve it, you can change the world. Valor, devotion to the voice of one's heart, courage and nobility are born not in magnificent halls, but in the soul.
Quote Explanation: Novella "Legend of Willow"
№ 438295   Added MegaMozg 06-05-2022 / 12:48
The conditions in which I grew up and was brought up instilled in me the consciousness that in a person, as in an animal, only that which develops his spiritual and physical prowess is valuable. And I just as willingly acknowledge Kala as my mother, as I do the poor, unhappy little Englishwoman who died a year after she gave birth to me. Cala, wild and cruel, was always kind to me in her own way. I must have been feeding on her hairy chest since the day my mother died. She fought for me with the wild inhabitants of the forest and with members of her own tribe with all the fury of genuine motherly love. And I, for my part, I loved her too, Paul. And he himself did not understand how much he loved until the merciless spear and poisoned arrows of the black Kulonga took her away from me. I was still a child then, and I threw myself on a lifeless corpse and sobbed in despair, as a child sobs over its own mother. To you, my friend, she would seem a disgusting, ugly creature, but I found her beautiful - this is how love transforms what you love.
№ 432567   Added MegaMozg 05-12-2021 / 22:09
but they brought you already dead ...
Quote Explanation: Translated from Spanish by I. Chezhegova.
№ 423107   Added MegaMozg 16-07-2021 / 11:39
The song will help out one.
Quote Explanation: December 1939.
№ 422227   Added MegaMozg 06-07-2021 / 08:09
Listen to the song of Rodrik the First, the cowardly of kings!
When ferrets raced from the bottomless mines of Soleur into a raid,
He hid in the highest of towers while the alarm sounded!
Here it is - the moment to show valor in a fierce battle.
But Rodrik the King turned yellow with his face, because he is not one of the brave.
Clutching his tail and hiding his face, he sailed somewhere in the distance.
The people called him and begged him, but he did not feel sorry for them.
But fate repaid, the ship was broken, and the coward disappeared forever.
№ 415100   Added MegaMozg 16-03-2021 / 01:36
I killed I gave birth to a son, I was in love and all this time I was afraid. But the one who does not know this fear, does not know and valor.
№ 397009   Added MegaMozg 04-06-2020 / 13:42