conditions [Theme]

Baker came to Moscow to bargain, to look for a compromise. He told Gorbachev: we understand perfectly well that you perceive the reunification of Germany as a threat to your security. We can give our guarantees. First: NATO will not advance “not an inch” to the East - as it was on the territory of Germany, it will remain there. Second: the United States is ready to not allow any deployment of NATO troops outside the zone in which they are currently located. We are ready to give written guarantees. But we want to know exactly what you need. We had different options. We could, for example, demand that Germany withdraw from NATO and consolidate the non-aligned status of the united Germany. It is not a fact that the Americans would agree to this, but it was possible to put forward such conditions. One could even talk about creating a kind of buffer - a belt of neutral states in the center of Europe. This would be insurance against a new cooling in relations with the West. Moreover, even then it was obvious: the Warsaw Pact would most likely cease to exist. We could also insist that NATO not move an inch east of its then borders, as Baker actually proposed. For a greater guarantee, one could demand the adoption of an official declaration, hold a major conference, say, in Helsinki, something like Helsinki-2, where new agreements would be proclaimed and an important declaration would be adopted, which, even without being a legal document, would commit to adherence to certain rules by both parties to the negotiations. But neither Gorbachev nor Shevardnadze, who headed the USSR Ministry of Foreign Affairs, presented anything similar to Baker. The Secretary of State is confused. He is trying to extract something from the Russian negotiators, at least some additional condition from them so that the agreement has a more solid basis, but he gets nothing. From Gorbachev he simply hears: “Okay, we agree.”
№ 465922   Added MegaMozg 15-04-2024 / 10:54
The sun is shining so nicely over the dirty earth, there is such a smell of spring in the air that I am too lazy and have no strength to sit in the room, but for me - woe is me! - up to my neck in work: exams, daily bread... I love spring, and yet I use it least of all. Involuntarily, you will not be a poet: the gods did not give you talent, and social conditions take away spring.
Quote Explanation: Anton Chekhov, from a letter to Alexander Kanaev, 1883.
№ 465397   Added MegaMozg 01-04-2024 / 05:15
- Well, this anchorage is just right for me. I'll live here for a while... Apchhi! Rum, pork belly and scrambled eggs, that's all I need.
- Well, this anchorage is just right for me. Ill live here...
№ 465290   Added MegaMozg 31-03-2024 / 23:54
The social danger of corruption is that it subordinates the resources of society to the interests of the criminal community, supports and protects this community. Therefore, the fight against corruption is recognized throughout the world as the main condition for the social and economic efficiency of the state apparatus.
№ 464953   Added MegaMozg 19-03-2024 / 17:06
Market competition is the struggle between sellers (for more favorable conditions of production, allowing them to maximize profits) and between buyers (for more favorable conditions of consumption, allowing them to maximize utility). As a result of competitive selection, those producers who manage to organize production effectively survive in the market.
№ 464185   Added MegaMozg 15-03-2024 / 22:36
- Johnny, wake up, you're covered in shit!
№ 463775   Added Viker 14-03-2024 / 15:40
Even handing over your own partner to another man, which is the most excruciating and painful experience imaginable, is much more bearable than not being able to separate from her.
Quote Explanation: The “mother figure” for a narcissist can be a mother or a father.
№ 463618   Added Viker 14-03-2024 / 14:44
- [the sheriff takes out handcuffs and throws them at Cortez’s feet] Give it yourself or I’ll put it on.
Quote Explanation: Ray Owens and Gabriel Cortez stand on a bridge to Mexico.
- [the sheriff takes out handcuffs and throws them at...
№ 463402   Added Viker 14-03-2024 / 10:49
I believe that all of us, placed in a certain position, must bear the responsibilities that follow from this position, must maintain the living conditions in which we were born and inherited from our ancestors, and which we must pass on to our descendants.
№ 462731   Added MegaMozg 09-02-2024 / 03:42
If a person undertakes to come into contact with animals, he is obliged to provide them with comfortable living conditions, otherwise the result will be torture.
№ 462024   Added Viker 05-02-2024 / 14:51
From a scientific point of view, the Earth has all the conditions to create an abundance of food, and more than enough minerals to satisfy the needs of all people if properly managed. There are enough resources for every person to have a very high standard of living. It is necessary to use technology, raw materials and technical potential wisely. When we talk about technology, we mean technology that does not harm people, the environment, or waste time and energy.
№ 459092   Added Viker 07-12-2023 / 11:39
Thinking habits are mental magnets that attract certain things, people and conditions to you. Reduce the bad habit by avoiding anything that triggers or stimulates it, without focusing on it in your zeal to avoid it. Then turn your mind to some good habit and steadily develop it until it becomes a reliable part of you.
Quote Explanation: Spiritual Diary of the Great Master Paramahansa Yogananda, March 27 “Habits”
№ 458845   Added Viker 05-12-2023 / 12:56
Love does not accept conditions, which means it is based on trust, which means it accepts all conditions, because it knows how to hear not only itself.
№ 456401   Added MegaMozg 28-08-2023 / 22:00
The concepts of "Soviet people" or "Soviet people", derived from the form of government, look somewhat unnatural. It would also be unnatural to call any people monarchical or parliamentary, or to unite all the peoples of the countries of the common market with the name of the common market people. But still, I often use the adjective “Soviet”, because I don’t know any other common name for people of various nationalities inhabiting the USSR. And it is necessary, because the general laws, rules of conduct and conditions of existence that have been in force throughout the life of several generations, without completely destroying national differences, develop traditions and habits common to all. I don’t put any negative meaning into the word “Soviet” in this case. Among Soviet people, as among any other people, there are many smart, stupid, talented, mediocre, noble and scoundrels. But try to put a Russian, an American, an Eskimo and a Thai in the same prison cell, keep them in this cell for a sufficient number of years and you will see that all of them, with all their national and personal differences, will have the same inclinations. and habits, they will all write in small handwriting, dislike bright sunlight, and will all be claustrophobic. And if their children and grandchildren grow up in the same cell, then from early childhood they will learn to deceive the guards, hide small things in the folds of their clothes, and bread under their pillows, and even released into the wild and into a prosperous life, they will be for a very long time to keep these habits and, perhaps, to pass them on by inheritance.
№ 454361   Added Viker 20-06-2023 / 10:55