reading [Theme]

For all his detachment from real life, in legal documents he was not at all a fool. If only because he knew how to read. Not in the sense of putting letters into words, but in the sense of understanding what is written, regardless of the style of presentation.
№ 465753   Added MegaMozg 10-04-2024 / 15:27
Having settled with my grandmother, I immersed myself in reading. There was not just another world there - there were many other worlds there. And each one called with his own special voice, beckoning with his own colors and aromas, unlike others.
№ 465717   Added MegaMozg 09-04-2024 / 16:21
What really matters about reading is that it creates ease and familiarity with the process of writing; a person comes to the writer’s country with all documents in perfect order. Constant reading will lead you to a place where (in a mood in which - if you prefer) you can write willingly and selflessly. And you are given an ever-increasing knowledge of what has been done and what has not yet been done, what is old and fresh, what works, and what is just lying on the page, dying (or already dying). The more you read, the less likely you are to make a fool of yourself using your own pen or word processor.
№ 465265   Added MegaMozg 31-03-2024 / 22:39
I slowly began to feel that I was seeing worse. TV series are replacing reading novels. There is a wonderful writer Guzel Yakhina. Her first book is about the exodus of her people. I remember what I read, but now I won’t say what was discussed. Here’s an amazing thing: it’s extremely difficult for me to stay focused. Does not work. I'm reading, but I don't remember what happened five pages ago? It was washed away, I don’t know.
Quote Explanation: About reading
№ 464992   Added MegaMozg 21-03-2024 / 03:42
Although the boy could not yet read large books, he understood that reading could take him very far,
№ 464879   Added Viker 19-03-2024 / 12:57
I sometimes thought that we should help the reader make the leaps. But it would be better if those who care about it jumped themselves.
№ 464234   Added MegaMozg 16-03-2024 / 01:03
Never deprive your child of reading as a punishment: “If you don’t clean the room, you won’t have any stories before bed!” Neither your own children nor your students should think that reading aloud is a privilege that must be earned.
№ 463912   Added Viker 14-03-2024 / 16:01
Don't read books to your child that you don't like. The child will certainly feel your attitude towards the book, and this will not allow you to achieve your goal.
№ 463911   Added Viker 14-03-2024 / 16:00
From time to time, choose a book to read that is a little more difficult to understand than the child is used to. This contributes to his intellectual development.
№ 463906   Added Viker 14-03-2024 / 16:00
Start reading to your child as early as possible - even before he is born. The sooner you start, the better and the easier it will be for you.
№ 463905   Added Viker 14-03-2024 / 16:00
Family members can encourage the child to read: answer endless why questions; Praise your son or daughter for trying to read or write something on their own; take your children to the library more often; buy books; write down stories that the child comes up with and dictates to them; display his drawings and stories prominently. None of the factors identified in these studies were costly or required more than parental interest.
№ 463893   Added Viker 14-03-2024 / 15:58
Coherent written language and a rich vocabulary do not arise by themselves. First, they must be “downloaded” into a person - through reading.
№ 463892   Added Viker 14-03-2024 / 15:58
In a customer-centric economy, communication skills are one of the most important skills in the workplace. The richer the speech you hear, the more words you will have to use in response, both verbally and in writing. If we read to children from an early age until the end of school, they acquire language in all its richness as something correct, harmonious and interesting, not reducible to the speech of some tongue-tied peers.
№ 463890   Added Viker 14-03-2024 / 15:57
There is no right or wrong way to read aloud. The wrong situation is when you don’t read to your child at all. So pick up a book and read to your children!
№ 463889   Added Viker 14-03-2024 / 15:57
According to the results of one study, children who read independently understand the text of a paper book better than an electronic one. Apparently, the e-book offers too many different actions and this distracts the child’s attention. If an e-book looks more like a toy or game, the main purpose of reading a story is lost. So it is better to choose e-books that do not have excessive animation effects, music or other distracting elements.
№ 463857   Added Viker 14-03-2024 / 15:52