Christianity [Theme]

In my observations of life during my various wanderings around the world, I was especially struck by the fact that even in our time people kill each other everywhere under all kinds of pretexts and in all kinds of ways. Killing en masse is still called war, and killing individuals is called capital punishment. Everywhere the same worship of brute force and the same inconsistency... and this is done even in Christian countries in the name of one whose teaching was based on peace and love.
№ 465975   Added MegaMozg 16-04-2024 / 03:24
If the thought of death takes root in a person, then his mind will no longer remain in the land of seduction.
№ 465845   Added MegaMozg 13-04-2024 / 03:33
If you want to know what true love is, read the Holy Gospel, and first of all, 1 Corinthians, chapter 13.
№ 465784   Added MegaMozg 12-04-2024 / 15:24
Read one chapter of the Gospel and two chapters of the Apostle daily, as well as a short morning and evening rule.
№ 465783   Added MegaMozg 12-04-2024 / 15:21
[Antinomy (from the Greek antinomia - contradiction in the law) is a reasoning that proves that two statements that are a negation of each other follow from one another.]
№ 465712   Added MegaMozg 09-04-2024 / 16:06
You know, father, our life should be like a Napoleon cake - dough, cream, dough, cream, and powder on top. If our cake consists of only one dough, it will not be tasty. If it consists of only one cream, it will be too sweet. And if the dough is interspersed with layers of cream - dough-cream, dough-cream, dough-cream, and powder on top - then such a pie will be sweet. The dough is our labors, our worldly cares. If our whole life consists only of them, then such a life will not be sweet. If we have only one cream, that is, only one prayer from morning to night, which is practically impossible in our life, then this will also be wrong, and it will not work. But with us everything should be harmonious and measured - our works should be intertwined with prayers. And not necessarily with long ones - you can with very short ones: Lord,
Quote Explanation: Words of Father John (Krestyankin) according to the memoirs of Abbot Melchizedek (Artyukhin).
№ 465698   Added MegaMozg 09-04-2024 / 15:24
Watch and pray, so that you do not fall into temptation: the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.
Quote Explanation: Gospel of Mark
№ 465406   Added MegaMozg 01-04-2024 / 05:42
He seems to have disappeared.
№ 464164   Added MegaMozg 15-03-2024 / 21:33
Let's say I believe that I have love. God sends me a poor man in order to test my love. If I have, for example, two watches: one is good and the other is a little damaged, and I give the damaged ones to the poor man, then this means that my love is second-class. If I have true love, then I give a good watch to the poor man. The state when you keep both old and new and don’t give anything at all is hellish.
№ 463569   Added Viker 14-03-2024 / 14:36
- Wow - David looked at the bottom of the bottle and seeing that there was no more booze left, he threw it into the thickets - a cool history lesson... but I didn’t remember anything.
№ 463257   Added MegaMozg 13-03-2024 / 15:15
Live not as you want, but as God commands. And you see your powerlessness so well in all this, self-reproach arises so easily, and humility follows closely behind it. And the only hope remains in the Grace of God. And this is exactly what is needed.
№ 462745   Added MegaMozg 09-02-2024 / 04:24
To put it bluntly and openly, Harry's spiritual life, both in the final chapters of The Deathly Hallows and throughout this four-thousand-plus page epic, is presented as the path of a disciple of Christ. There is no overt preaching in the final Harry novel: yet the story is so rich in specifically Christian references and meanings that to deny them would be to miss a huge, perhaps even the most important, part of the transcendental meaning of these books.
№ 461473   Added Viker 15-01-2024 / 12:48
Looking at the monster into which the mutilated and almost soulless Voldemort has become, we see in this story the answer to Christ’s rhetorical question: “What does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses his own soul?” (Mark 8:36).
№ 461291   Added MegaMozg 13-01-2024 / 12:36
Incredibly, Rowling has managed to write a coherent and compelling parable about God's judgment on the spiritual qualities of our souls and our ability to love (or the rejection of love) - and this parable delights readers of the postmodern world, encouraging them to strive for purity of heart and accept the defense of sacrificial love. For generations that have developed an impenetrable immunity against any kind of “fire and brimstone preaching,” such an achievement borders on a miracle.
№ 461163   Added Viker 13-01-2024 / 12:03
Every soul is a Christian by nature.
№ 461095   Added Viker 13-01-2024 / 11:53