ignorance [Theme]

There is nothing more pathetic than a person who measures everything up and down, trying, as the poet says, “to measure the expanses of the earth, going underground,” to unravel the secret of the souls of the people around him, but not realizing that for him communication only with his inner genius and honest service to him. The last thing is to protect him from passions, recklessness and dissatisfaction with the affairs of gods and people. The deeds of the gods are venerable for their perfection, the deeds of people are dear to us due to our kinship with them. But sometimes the latter arouse a certain kind of pity: when ignorance of good and evil is manifested in them - an ugliness no less than the inability to distinguish between white and black.
№ 461827   Added Viker 05-02-2024 / 12:05
The scourge of man is imaginary knowledge. This is why the Christian religion so persistently preaches to us ignorance, which is the best basis for faith and obedience.
№ 460519   Added Viker 10-01-2024 / 15:16
The wise know that if you plan to complete a task in a month, put two, if you plan to cross two rivers, then you will have to cross five, if you think to get by with one tooth, then they will knock out your jaw... Everyone says that if he had known that it would be so difficult, I wouldn’t even undertake it... Fortunately, man is not given the ability to see the future.
Quote Explanation: Read Jack London's story "A Thousand Dozens".
№ 459087   Added Viker 07-12-2023 / 11:38
Man does not die by fate, he dies by his own ignorance. There is nothing with death, there is a lot of interesting things with life.
№ 449006   Added MegaMozg 11-01-2023 / 10:54
Knowledge gives strength, ignorance gives hope.
№ 445031   Added MegaMozg 01-10-2022 / 14:21
He was wrong when he assured everyone, including himself, that there is nothing worse than ignorance. Better not to know.
№ 444558   Added MegaMozg 17-09-2022 / 00:24
I didn't know who the wolf was.
№ 431134   Added MegaMozg 23-10-2021 / 11:48
Ignorance was much worse than the thought of just diving into it and facing the consequences.
№ 428602   Added Viker 29-09-2021 / 12:53
The secret of a happy life is blissful ignorance.
№ 423881   Added Viker 23-07-2021 / 16:06
... Ignorance is not a virtue ...
№ 420608   Added MegaMozg 10-06-2021 / 21:03
“That guy, whoever he is, gives you hope. Happiness strives to slip away - grab it like a firefly and don't let it go.
№ 418747   Added MegaMozg 08-05-2021 / 08:12
In some circumstances, good ignorance turns out to be much more attractive than bitter truth and sweet lies combined.
№ 409234   Added MegaMozg 13-12-2020 / 19:48
Do not know about the magic with which you go into battle? As it is demacian...
Quote Explanation: Swain steals the soul Suite.
№ 392644   Added MegaMozg 29-04-2020 / 11:00
Hey, SIS! I hope you and daddy are my letters still reach - usually, they were never a reliable method of communication, but in a different way to let you know I can't. In any case, if letter is still not reached, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry. I'm sorry for the choice that I had to do. I remember you told me about the delusional idea of it. After everything I went through, I'm already inclined to agree with you.
We all had a rough time on the way here - and that's not counting the monsters in our way. With each step further from life as we know it, every morning gave us a sense of expectation of something new behind each new turn, whether a small fortune or just another nightmare. Sometimes this ignorance is frightening, and the realization that it could just get worse. You once told me that bad things just happen. I was angry, I didn't want to hear it. But now I see that you were right.
But that's why I'm here now. Do what you can to at least help someone. We all have lost something, and I've seen what loss does to people. But if every time we give up, when something lost, we would not have the strength to move on. There would be no chance to see something beautiful that already have or are waiting for us next. Would not be able to change anything for the better, whether we ourselves or the world around us. We would never meet with those people who are in a difficult moment would be lost without our help.
That's why we learned to be hunters, young. To be those who have something to do with all the bad in our world. Because there are still people that have lost their way - and those who want to profit by their misfortunes. I know that sometimes it sounds unbelievable - every day to fight against something that will never win. But we must try - if not for yourself, then at least for those that can still be saved.
I miss you so much. And Weiss and Blake. But I think you would be proud of what we did for Mistral. Even uncle Crowe amounted to us! He said he'll arrange meeting with Professor Lionhart, Director of haven. Told us about some of the things that you also it would be interesting to hear. Things that I can't trust that email. Maybe if you join us, you and he will love this. With the fall of the Beacon dad need to focus on helping others. And I understand that you would now like to focus on myself. But I agree - it would be a healthy team RWBY to gather together again.
Prior to the meeting. Your loving sister, ruby rose.
PS Oh yeah! Giving you our address in Mistral. I can't wait when you decide to join us. Now that we have passed half of the Anime, it seems to me that things start to get better.
№ 392188   Added MegaMozg 25-04-2020 / 16:45
...Better letters than complete ignorance.
№ 391126   Added MegaMozg 13-04-2020 / 12:09