directing [Theme]

Good direction can turn a bad piece into a wonderful theatrical experience.
№ 430442   Added MegaMozg 08-10-2021 / 13:21
My highest goal is to squeeze the truth out of my characters and circumstances.
№ 428548   Added Viker 29-09-2021 / 12:44
I felt the need to capture my own reality. You can call it an escape from reality. If you experience discomfort in real life, you can live in your fantasy world and control in it what is not really controllable. I think this is a great excuse to start composing.
№ 428547   Added Viker 29-09-2021 / 12:44
I can say that my favorite is films in which reality appears distorted.
№ 428546   Added Viker 29-09-2021 / 12:44
But I am still proud of this role and of my participation in the work of such a fantastic team led by Cameron. Since then I have been filming only for the best directors and I do it quite deliberately.
№ 418483   Added MegaMozg 04-05-2021 / 18:45
I come across often when journalists say:
- But why don't you make films with happy endings? Well, for optimism it is important that there was a 'Happy Ending' and that's it..!
And I get lost every time... Because it's not about how I'm formally going to end this story. And what - The author wanted to tell you? Why didn't he call you...?! Although.., it also sounds very poster... But, what was the ethical image in this all..?!?
Quote Explanation: ‘White studio’ / TV channel Culture
№ 414898   Added MegaMozg 11-03-2021 / 23:09
An actor can wait all his life, like a bride, for his director. Someone who sees in him his own gift. And if the director is the one who constructs the building of the concept, then the actor is the one who inhabits it. And it often happens that the actor is uncomfortable in the “building” where the director invited him. You have to adapt, adjust, find the strength to find yourself in a space alien to you. But it also happens that you find each other. It is necessary and possible to find those with whom you are on the way. And it is a great joy, if not a necessity, to find comrades-in-arms, like-minded people, partners. I'm talking now about the creative group as a whole, and this is the operator, the screenwriter, the artists, the sound engineers, and the production department. That is, a large and well-coordinated team. You can spend many years on this, or maybe get lucky when you found each other from your first film. It is important for young people who are looking for themselves to find partners. It gives you the joy of joint creativity and support - you are not alone. Almost everyone I met on The Return and The Exile is still working with me. It is very important to find people of your blood type, your composition, your rhythm.
Quote Explanation: From the online conference of the Yakutsk pitching of debutants-2020.
№ 407929   Added MegaMozg 02-12-2020 / 06:24
For Kheifitz, however, there is a mysterious force in the details. His attention to detail is not just professional conscientiousness, but rather a form of manifestation of his, individual, unique perception of the world around him. There is a significant difference between simply using the technique and one's own vision, which does not come with experience and skill, but is given to a person as an integral part of his gift. If the technique is usually resorted to only in this suitable case, then the author's vision penetrates all the links of the director's constructions, equally influencing the image of the main and secondary events. “For me in the movies, the death of the hero and the dust on his shoes are equally important ...” said Kheifits.
№ 407182   Added MegaMozg 20-11-2020 / 16:12
I certainly am surprised by the review media in Belarus, which seems very, very illogical. Maybe I won't give their additional comments, and I must say that in European countries political elites and government circles qualify it as orchestrated campaign. This is unfortunate, but I hope that after some time the incident will be exhausted and overcome.
Release Date: 02.08.2020
№ 401967   Added MegaMozg 03-08-2020 / 09:39
It's like kicking the Golf ball and at the same time to be this ball.
Quote Explanation: About directing.
№ 401751   Added MegaMozg 30-07-2020 / 17:09
Well, the school doesn't need money? Why the novice Director, this young talent to give away for nothing, well, will burst the budget! Here billionaire to help the state is obliged! Because he has many expenses: for yacht, house, car Park...
Quote Explanation: From the review on the movie "Paris".
№ 394217   Added MegaMozg 10-05-2020 / 15:03
Director is incompatible with the actor: the actor will fail if it is critical to look at their partners.
№ 391325   Added MegaMozg 16-04-2020 / 05:24
The Directors are of two types: some people think that they are gods, while others know it for sure.
№ 391293   Added MegaMozg 15-04-2020 / 05:30
I really never read fiction and watching science fiction movies. But I was so inspired by "Star wars" - it wasn't just a movie, it is a philosophy.
№ 391292   Added MegaMozg 15-04-2020 / 05:27
I always take care to ensure that the film, regardless of the topic, could be of interest to viewers. <...> Of course, you can shoot some very artistic story about, say, crochet. But who will buy a ticket for something like that? I confess that whenever I come up with ideas of this kind, I prefer to get up from the chair and tennis. I am sure that at least the art from this nothing to lose.
№ 391291   Added MegaMozg 15-04-2020 / 05:24