nuclear weapons [Theme]

Any serious negotiations begin with a guarantee of mutual destruction.
№ 463692   Added Viker 14-03-2024 / 15:25
- It seems to me that if there is a point of no return in morality, then you have long passed it.
- It seems to me that if there is a point of no return in...
№ 456412   Added MegaMozg 29-08-2023 / 10:36
Nearby, a bomb is fixed on top of a steel tower and will be tested for the first time today. The code name is Trinity. Robert Oppenheimer was inspired by the poems of his favorite poet, John Donne. He loved poetry and the wilderness of the southwestern United States. This peace-loving man, by chance, became the creator of the most destructive weapon in history. <...> At five o'clock twenty-nine minutes forty-five seconds the bomb exploded. The flash of a nuclear explosion is brighter than the Sun. Watching him, Oppenheimer remembered the lines from the sacred book of Hinduism: "Thus I became death, the destroyer of the universe." Bhagavad Gita. With the testing of this terrible weapon, the transformation of a peaceful country created by the founding fathers into a militarized state began.
Nearby, a bomb is fixed on top of a steel tower and will be...
№ 456309   Added MegaMozg 24-08-2023 / 23:30
I will return to the idea of fear again, because nothing else can, if we speak seriously, be able to deter our adversary. I think that the American strategy of inflicting a strategic defeat on Russia is based on the belief that Russia will not use nuclear weapons: either it will be afraid, or it will consider that the destruction of civilization is still too high a price for maintaining its positions. And here, in my opinion, lies a potential fatal miscalculation for all of humanity, because Putin’s phrase from 2018 that “we don’t need a world without Russia” somehow stuck with me. And I always remember her. But I don't think it's taken that seriously by many people in the United States, for example.
Quote Explanation: Journal "Russia in Global Affairs". Article "Return the fear!". September 26, 2022. Fyodor Lukyanov's interview for the International Review program with Dmitry Trenin,
№ 454423   Added Viker 20-06-2023 / 12:19
But what if they don't back down? Have you completely lost your sense of self-preservation? Then you will have to hit a group of targets in a number of countries in order to revive those who have lost their minds. This is a morally terrible choice - we use the weapons of God, dooming ourselves to heavy spiritual losses. But if this is not done, not only Russia may perish, but most likely the entire human civilization will end.
Quote Explanation: Journal "Russia in Global Affairs". Article "A Difficult but Necessary Decision". June 13, 2023.
№ 454421   Added Viker 20-06-2023 / 12:19
I have said and written many times that if we build a strategy of deterrence and even use correctly, the risk of a "retaliatory" nuclear strike, and indeed any other strike on our territory, can be minimized. Only if a madman sits in the White House, besides hating his country, America will decide to strike at the "defense" of the Europeans, incurring a response, sacrificing a conditional Boston for the sake of a conditional Poznan. Both the US and Europe are well aware of this, they simply prefer not to think about it. Yes, and we contributed to this thoughtlessness with our peace-loving statements.
Quote Explanation: Journal "Russia in Global Affairs". Article "A Difficult but Necessary Decision". June 13, 2023.
№ 454420   Added Viker 20-06-2023 / 12:19
The situation is aggravated by "strategic parasitism" - for 75 years of relative peace, people have forgotten the horrors of war, they have ceased to be afraid even of nuclear weapons. Everywhere, but especially in the West, the instinct of self-preservation has weakened. I have been studying the history of nuclear strategy for many years and have come to an unequivocal, albeit sounding not quite scientific, conclusion. The appearance of nuclear weapons is the result of the intervention of the Almighty, who was horrified when he saw that people, Europeans and the Japanese who joined them, unleashed two world wars over the course of one generation, which claimed tens of millions of lives, and handed the arms of Armageddon to humanity, showed those who had lost their fear of hell that he exists. On this fear rested the relative peace of the last three-quarters of a century. Now that fear is gone. The unthinkable from the point of view of previous ideas about nuclear deterrence is happening - the ruling circles of a group of countries, in a fit of desperate rage, unleashed a full-scale war in the underbelly of a nuclear superpower. The fear of nuclear escalation must be restored. Otherwise humanity is doomed.
№ 454417   Added Viker 20-06-2023 / 12:18
For example, now there will be this notorious summit of Western goats in Nagasaki. The Americans warn in advance that President Biden will not apologize for the bombings. One of the reasons Americans don't apologize for the bombings is they just want no one to think they can't do it! They did it first, they killed hundreds of thousands of civilians, and they will not apologize so that no one even has the thought that they cannot repeat this.
Release Date: 18.05.2023
№ 453718   Added MegaMozg 20-05-2023 / 09:12
In this little book, which is an extension of my Sanford lectures at Duke University, I intend to set out such a program.
Quote Explanation: Year of publication: 1988
№ 446256   Added MegaMozg 08-11-2022 / 09:39
All the time you think that it can be worse than writing off a huge number of people, pain and suffering into the void, but propagandists, as well as high-ranking gentlemen, sirs and seniors, with increased persistence, continue to introduce the idea of the "normality" of escalation by using nuclear weapons. It is possible to trace the skirmishes through constant statements in the media: "We are you in the dust!", "No, we are you!", "We don't care about winning, the main thing is participation!"
The time has come when SUCH inhumane, cannibalistic ideas are calmly voiced and discussed, there is no smell of adequacy here (although what at the present time, adequacy), - even echoes of reason in such a thing are not observed.
And therefore I would like to recommend the film "Letters of a Dead Man", which was released during the Cold War and which expressed the fears of a generation waiting for a nuclear war, which was supposed to repay the majority for the decisions of the minority.
It is the footage from the film "Letters of a dead person should arise in my head when I talk about nuclear strikes, and not wild fun in the style of "DMB". It's one thing when nonsense sounds from the mouth of a comedic character, and another when crazy nonsense is spoken on federal channels or it is voiced by propagandists with officials.
Quote Explanation: From the Telegram channel.
№ 444803   Added MegaMozg 22-09-2022 / 03:00
- Sorry.
Quote Explanation: In a long interview dated March 01, 2018, the President of Russia gives a clear answer: our country was forced to adopt the latest weapons in response to US actions. And Megyn Kelly immediately starts a game, trying to doubt the reliability of Russian developments, with attempts to confuse and distort the answers.
№ 435220   Added Viker 02-02-2022 / 11:16
I come from Arkhangelsk and we produce nuclear submarines there and recently there was news that we are leasing our nuclear submarine with nuclear weapons on board to India. And it seems to me that Russians are very strange people. We absolutely easily, playfully lease a nuclear submarine with nuclear ammunition on board another nation easily, but an apartment in Bibirevo is only Slavs!
Release Date: 18.10.2019
№ 427195   Added MegaMozg 06-09-2021 / 13:24
Did Dr. Miranda offer you a C-section?
- Why? I have a wide pelvis. There's no need for that. I'm waiting here like everyone else. The question is, for what?
- Maybe that's why you've been going through for two weeks?
- If you were in the stomach and you had a choice, would you like to appear in such a world?
- Do you think that the child is thinking about whether he should be born?
- Do you think that I am restrained by an effort of will, disrupting the natural process?
- No, but I think you should wish for the baby to be born. Give him hope.
- Hope for what? Do you think that we will remove the corpses, patch all the holes, restore the supermarkets ... Do you think that everyone who is alive will say: "Sorry, it was not our fault!" We all knew what it was like. They knew about bombs and radiation. For forty years we knew it was possible. And we all didn't care.
- What can I object to you?
- Please object to me! Give me a reason to live! Give me hope!

Quote in English
Quote Explanation: As a result of the nuclear attack, the central part of the United States is a blackened desert of burned cities, the population of which has suffered from burns, radiation and a blast wave.
Did Dr. Miranda offer you a C-section?
- Why? I have a wide...
№ 417180   Added MegaMozg 16-04-2021 / 12:12
The US Secretary of Defense said two years ago that Russia is the only country that can destroy America in half an hour. And the Russian president was asked about this at a press conference. He was silent for a moment, smiled and said: "Faster."
Quote Explanation: On elena Pakhomova's YouTube channel.
№ 409567   Added MegaMozg 17-12-2020 / 20:51
Human rights? And the hydrogen bomb cares about human rights?
№ 407221   Added MegaMozg 21-11-2020 / 01:06