case [Theme]

Baker came to Moscow to bargain, to look for a compromise. He told Gorbachev: we understand perfectly well that you perceive the reunification of Germany as a threat to your security. We can give our guarantees. First: NATO will not advance “not an inch” to the East - as it was on the territory of Germany, it will remain there. Second: the United States is ready to not allow any deployment of NATO troops outside the zone in which they are currently located. We are ready to give written guarantees. But we want to know exactly what you need. We had different options. We could, for example, demand that Germany withdraw from NATO and consolidate the non-aligned status of the united Germany. It is not a fact that the Americans would agree to this, but it was possible to put forward such conditions. One could even talk about creating a kind of buffer - a belt of neutral states in the center of Europe. This would be insurance against a new cooling in relations with the West. Moreover, even then it was obvious: the Warsaw Pact would most likely cease to exist. We could also insist that NATO not move an inch east of its then borders, as Baker actually proposed. For a greater guarantee, one could demand the adoption of an official declaration, hold a major conference, say, in Helsinki, something like Helsinki-2, where new agreements would be proclaimed and an important declaration would be adopted, which, even without being a legal document, would commit to adherence to certain rules by both parties to the negotiations. But neither Gorbachev nor Shevardnadze, who headed the USSR Ministry of Foreign Affairs, presented anything similar to Baker. The Secretary of State is confused. He is trying to extract something from the Russian negotiators, at least some additional condition from them so that the agreement has a more solid basis, but he gets nothing. From Gorbachev he simply hears: “Okay, we agree.”
№ 465922   Added MegaMozg 15-04-2024 / 10:54
There is a monument to Lenin in every city. In any regional center. Orders of this kind are inexhaustible. An experienced sculptor can sculpt Lenin blindly. That is, blindfolded. Although there are some funny things. In Chelyabinsk, for example, such a case occurred. A monument to Lenin was to be erected in the central square, opposite the city council building. A solemn meeting was organized. One thousand and a half people gathered. Pathetic music sounded. Speakers made speeches. The monument was covered with gray cloth. And now the decisive moment has come. To the sound of drums, officials from the local executive committee tore off the fabric. Lenin was depicted in a familiar pose - a tourist voting on the highway. His right hand pointed the way to the future. He kept the left one in the pocket of his open coat. The music stopped. In the silence that followed, someone laughed. A minute later the whole square was laughing. Only one person did not laugh. It was Leningrad sculptor Viktor Dryzhakov. The expression of horror on his face gradually gave way to a grimace of indifference and hopelessness. What happened? The unfortunate sculptor sculpted two caps. One covered the leader's head. Lenin clutched the other one in his fist.
№ 465643   Added MegaMozg 07-04-2024 / 09:12
A kind and joyful face today is a very great luxury. People are so afraid of tomorrow that, just in case, they meet it ready for battle.
№ 465469   Added MegaMozg 01-04-2024 / 08:51
He who excludes chance is blind.
№ 465064   Added MegaMozg 23-03-2024 / 03:18
Leonid AgutinTwo minutes of liferomantic quotesfalling in lovecasehelpunderstanding
Quote Explanation: Soundtrack to the film: Frontier 2018 (end and credits of the film)
№ 464932   Added MegaMozg 19-03-2024 / 16:03
- In case you ever forget: I will never stop thinking about you. One day we will meet. I can't let a work of art like you perish forever. You will be my triumph. My favorite toy, and when we start our games of blood and eternity, you will not want to leave,” said the vampire girl to the prince of the Carpathian Mountains.
№ 464687   Added Viker 19-03-2024 / 12:27
Geralt, men are divided into two types: those who wait for an opportunity and those who create it. I always thought that you belonged to the latter.
Geralt, men are divided into two types: those who wait for...
№ 463770   Added Viker 14-03-2024 / 15:39
- This was the right occasion. You can't remember it now, but Kosuke and that girl died at that railroad crossing one day. And some roared out loud with guilt. So I had no other choice. It was time to return, but before I knew it, summer came. It was too great to be with you. For the first time I saw a river flowing across the earth. I rode a bike for the first time. I learned for the first time how wide the sky is. And most importantly, it was the first time I saw so many people in one place.
Quote Explanation: Chucky tells Makoto that he is from the future
- This was the right occasion. You cant remember it now,...
№ 463547   Added MegaMozg 14-03-2024 / 14:21
- There’s no need to push something like that.
- There’s no need to push something like that.
№ 462847   Added Viker 13-03-2024 / 10:48
“All people are like that,” said Tarrou. “We just need to give them the right opportunity.”
№ 461590   Added Viker 15-01-2024 / 13:08
- Reality. I have to go...
Quote Explanation: At the end of the storyline, the Protagonist, the main character, talks with his partner, Neil, who helped him carry out his mission to counter the destruction of humanity.
№ 460863   Added MegaMozg 10-01-2024 / 17:06
In fact, each case must be considered individually.
№ 458815   Added MegaMozg 05-12-2023 / 12:24
Fate, blind chance - envious evil creatures who are consumed by envy of successful and happy people. And they take revenge. Purposefully and tirelessly!
№ 458522   Added MegaMozg 13-11-2023 / 10:42
To paint from life, isn’t this a kind of slavery, doesn’t this show the artist’s lack of creativity? <...> If I want to paint the flaming ships of the Saint-Pierre raid on the day of the invasion, and if I know my business, I know what I want to do, won’t my work be more interesting than that which would be done by some naval officer, if he had the opportunity and had the courage to paint this motif from life? If I don’t succeed in painting, it means I’m not skilled enough, that’s all.
Quote Explanation: Excerpts from the diary. September 1902
№ 458520   Added MegaMozg 13-11-2023 / 07:45