it [Theme]

Probably every person has a secret and favorite space on earth, which he rarely visits, but always remembers and often sees in his dreams. This is how I think about Georgia, and at night I dream about Georgian speech.
№ 465976   Added MegaMozg 16-04-2024 / 03:27
Baker came to Moscow to bargain, to look for a compromise. He told Gorbachev: we understand perfectly well that you perceive the reunification of Germany as a threat to your security. We can give our guarantees. First: NATO will not advance “not an inch” to the East - as it was on the territory of Germany, it will remain there. Second: the United States is ready to not allow any deployment of NATO troops outside the zone in which they are currently located. We are ready to give written guarantees. But we want to know exactly what you need. We had different options. We could, for example, demand that Germany withdraw from NATO and consolidate the non-aligned status of the united Germany. It is not a fact that the Americans would agree to this, but it was possible to put forward such conditions. One could even talk about creating a kind of buffer - a belt of neutral states in the center of Europe. This would be insurance against a new cooling in relations with the West. Moreover, even then it was obvious: the Warsaw Pact would most likely cease to exist. We could also insist that NATO not move an inch east of its then borders, as Baker actually proposed. For a greater guarantee, one could demand the adoption of an official declaration, hold a major conference, say, in Helsinki, something like Helsinki-2, where new agreements would be proclaimed and an important declaration would be adopted, which, even without being a legal document, would commit to adherence to certain rules by both parties to the negotiations. But neither Gorbachev nor Shevardnadze, who headed the USSR Ministry of Foreign Affairs, presented anything similar to Baker. The Secretary of State is confused. He is trying to extract something from the Russian negotiators, at least some additional condition from them so that the agreement has a more solid basis, but he gets nothing. From Gorbachev he simply hears: “Okay, we agree.”
№ 465922   Added MegaMozg 15-04-2024 / 10:54
“With America's abysmally low economic growth,” writes Time magazine, “we can't even save ourselves from 9 percent unemployment in our own country, much less begin to save the world.”
№ 465919   Added MegaMozg 15-04-2024 / 10:45
You
№ 465178   Added MegaMozg 26-03-2024 / 21:21
I slowly began to feel that I was seeing worse. TV series are replacing reading novels. There is a wonderful writer Guzel Yakhina. Her first book is about the exodus of her people. I remember what I read, but now I won’t say what was discussed. Here’s an amazing thing: it’s extremely difficult for me to stay focused. Does not work. I'm reading, but I don't remember what happened five pages ago? It was washed away, I don’t know.
Quote Explanation: About reading
№ 464992   Added MegaMozg 21-03-2024 / 03:42
And he walks around like a long-lived shit.
№ 464798   Added Viker 19-03-2024 / 12:44
While the harm caused by our actions can usually be seen first-hand, the suffering we cause others with our words is not so obvious, but is often no less destructive.
№ 464575   Added Viker 19-03-2024 / 12:10
Coherent written language and a rich vocabulary do not arise by themselves. First, they must be “downloaded” into a person - through reading.
№ 463892   Added Viker 14-03-2024 / 15:58
In a customer-centric economy, communication skills are one of the most important skills in the workplace. The richer the speech you hear, the more words you will have to use in response, both verbally and in writing. If we read to children from an early age until the end of school, they acquire language in all its richness as something correct, harmonious and interesting, not reducible to the speech of some tongue-tied peers.
№ 463890   Added Viker 14-03-2024 / 15:57
Young children ask to be read the same book over and over again because it helps them learn language (including story structure). This process is called immersion. Listening to the same book over and over again is part of immersion. Repetition, among other things, promotes mental development: the child hears speech, masters words and concepts, acquires certain speech skills - and the necessary neural connections between brain cells arise and are strengthened.
№ 463592   Added Viker 14-03-2024 / 14:40
One simple truth that is repeated as often as it is ignored is that if you tell a child that he will succeed or, conversely, tell him that he will not succeed, then everything will be exactly that way.
№ 463560   Added Viker 14-03-2024 / 14:35
I know these speech courses on Instagram: *** was taken out of the mouth, but the rhizomes remained.
№ 463515   Added Viker 14-03-2024 / 13:21
The defining feature of the fall of human civilization is the excessive consumption of alcohol. The constant transition from the human state to the animal leads to further degradation - but on the scale of the tragedy of society, we are talking not only about the subordination of the mind and the inability to withstand any circumstances, but also about the insignificant conditions of life and its death.
№ 463187   Added MegaMozg 13-03-2024 / 13:30
Example: “only complete success or complete failure are possible”, “people are only good or only bad.”
№ 462559   Added MegaMozg 06-02-2024 / 15:21