investment [Theme] Page 1

- Buy yachts, not for attachments. The yacht is a promise.
What? The promise to lose money?
- Rather lost himself. I have not yet found a way, but I think I'm close.
- Boats aren't about the money. They're about the promise.
- What, the promise of losing money?
- Getting nicely lost. I haven't quite found the wherewithal yet although it is on the horizon.
1 Season 3 Series
№ 379847   Added MegaMozg 04-10-2019 / 05:21
You know what's good rich patients? Thanks to them we treat the poor.
You know what's great about rich patients? They allow us to treat poor patients.
Quote Explanation: Jackson Hahn on the donations of wealthy investors, which bought the equipment in hospitals.
2 Season 15 Series
№ 362828   Added MegaMozg 01-03-2019 / 10:02
The irony of investing is that we, the investors, not only don't get what we pay for, we get exactly what do not pay.
№ 358869   Added MegaMozg 27-01-2019 / 22:10
Not looking for a needle in a haystack. Just buy the whole haystack.
№ 358868   Added MegaMozg 27-01-2019 / 22:09
Investing should be like watching drying paint or growing grass. But if you want speakers, take $ 800 and go to Las Vegas.
№ 357592   Added MegaMozg 18-01-2019 / 22:35
Public investment in startups is the development of money, but for startups it is the illusion of their own genius.
№ 329498   Added MegaMozg 19-06-2018 / 12:09
If the new owner of a purchased plant-intensive buildings, and "investments" has been reduced to the installation of the line on packaging of something imported, but still with standard lifetime of 2-3 years, Yes, yet, most importantly, the profit goes into production, and leaves the country - then the case is doubtful. So due to the depreciation of our fixed assets investments are being made somewhere else.
№ 318010   Added MegaMozg 26-02-2018 / 23:08
Investment is "long-term capital investments in industry". These investments should be deployed to production, it must begin to produce products, and only when you start to receive revenue for it, only then an investor will get a return - at first he will refund your investment, then start to make a profit.
№ 318008   Added MegaMozg 26-02-2018 / 23:06
I think fear and hostility toward foreign capital appeared in Russia today? Well, no, they were cultivated in our country constantly. At all periods of history, sooner or later foreign investors was attributed to the intent to Rob Russia, and those who attracted them to the country, denounced for the sale of the country, and foreigners were driven out. I even can't say why this is more than stupidity or shamelessness.
№ 309962   Added MegaMozg 04-12-2017 / 17:02
What can be better than other people's money? The world's most intense competition is not over oil or other resources, namely other people's money - foreign investments.
№ 309961   Added MegaMozg 04-12-2017 / 16:07
Surprisingly, the Empire built by bankers and merchants in tuxedos and cylinders, were stronger empires built by kings and aristocrats in gold embroidered robes and shining armour. And the thing is that a merchant Empire is much smarter than funded their gains: taxes do not want to pay anybody, but invest everything willingly.
Quote Explanation: The author concludes from becoming materialistic thinking in the minds of European imperialists.
№ 305144   Added MegaMozg 20-10-2017 / 19:03
Over the last 500 years science has created many miracles, mainly thanks to the willingness of various government agencies, corporations, foundations and private sponsors to invest billions in research. These billions have done for the mapping of the universe, mapping the planet and cataloguing of the animal Kingdom more than Galileo Galilei, Christopher Columbus and Charles Darwin.
Quote Explanation: The author emphasizes the importance of funding for scientific research. According to the author, the availability of funds gives more progress than the presence of outstanding scientists.
№ 305142   Added MegaMozg 20-10-2017 / 18:18
- If you are right about your technology, do you think you will react to Mr. Edison?
- Having regard to the fact that he did not invest in my company, I bet he will be disappointed. <...>
- Mr. Grayson, you say that your technology is eliminating jobs of thousands of people from the oil industry. What do you tell them?
- I will hire them.
1 Season 10 Series
№ 284907   Added MegaMozg 26-04-2017 / 19:36
Never fall into dependence on a single source of income. Invest to create second source.
№ 261839   Added MegaMozg 18-01-2017 / 21:08
I am an investor. I buy stocks, the possession of which gives me the opportunity of joining in these or other areas of the business, but I business or when not engaged. I am a financial investor who can do a good or a bad investment.
№ 258364   Added MegaMozg 18-01-2017 / 17:12