Poland [Theme] Page 3

- You say that they already have something in mind.
- Your insight is astounding, Sasha politely bowed his head - Yes, I already know what I should do. I need to immediately go to Warsaw.
But Warsaw is in turmoil!
- The worse for the excitement, - said Alexander and smiled, looking off into the distance, the Queen shuddered.
№ 246030   Added MegaMozg 17-01-2017 / 20:02
Oliwa world. Oh, how peaceful and how beautiful it sounds! There the great powers noticed for the first time that the country of the poles literally created in order to share.
Quote Explanation: It is peace - a peace Treaty between the Commonwealth and Sweden, signed on 23 April (3 may) 1660 in Oliva near Danzig in Prussia. The agreement was signed by Holy Roman Emperor Leopold I, elector of Brandenburg Friedrich Wilhelm, the Swedish king Karl XI and king of Poland Jan II Kazimierz. Rzeczpospolita formally ceded to Sweden Livonia and Riga were under Swedish control since the 1620s years. With the signing of the peace of Oliwa and Copenhagenthe the world ended the great Northern war 1655-1660 years. These treaties marked the summit of power of the Swedish Empire.
№ 239884   Added MegaMozg 17-01-2017 / 15:23
Unhappy Ukraine was divided into two camps: some rushed to the camp, others in the crown army; some were for the existing order, the other for the wild will; some were intended to preserve what has been the fruit of centuries-old works, others set out their belongings that they have to take. Soon and so and so was destined to crimson brotherly hands with the blood of his own body. A horrifying war, before taking religious slogans, totally alien to the Lower reaches, was started as a war social.
№ 239201   Added MegaMozg 17-01-2017 / 14:58
Civil war survived it and lasted for a long time. Then came the plague, then the Swedes. Tatars became a frequent guest in Ukraine and each time crowds of local people were taken into captivity. Emptied the Commonwealth, emptied and Ukraine. The wolves howled on the ruins of cities, once flourishing territory turned into a giant tomb. Hatred grew into the hearts and poisoned the blood of Nations-sister, and for a long time, neither one of the mouth it was impossible to hear the words: "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men".
Quote Explanation: talking about the Cossack Colonel Bohun the.
№ 239199   Added MegaMozg 17-01-2017 / 14:58
Was sufficient short of a blow to Poland with the first German army, then red Army, so that nothing is left of this ugly offspring of the Versailles Treaty.
Quote Explanation: "On the foreign policy of the Soviet Union", report to the USSR Supreme Soviet on 31 October 1939, "news", 1 November 1939.
№ 235621   Added MegaMozg 17-01-2017 / 10:23
I have many friends, I love Ukrainian culture, the people. What we had in the past - scary. It's simply to show people to settle with the past. And we do not do. Why so - I do not know. Why Ukraine does that, it's hard for me to understand. We help Ukraine, our country was the first to recognize your independence. The poles support the Ukrainians, and you answer admit killers as heroes...
Quote Explanation: The recognition of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine activities of the OUN-UPA struggle for independence of the country. During the Volyn massacre were brutally killed 18 members of his family.
№ 234980   Added MegaMozg 17-01-2017 / 09:47
In the eyes of Europe all the crime of the partition of Poland lies in the fact that Russia has intensified, returning his treasure.
№ 223326   Added MegaMozg 16-01-2017 / 12:31
The state is a reasonable lack of freedom with which the poles will never accept... if I predicted what will the people in the next century, about the word "Poland," I would have written "rebels."
№ 223281   Added MegaMozg 16-01-2017 / 12:30
Drove the letters to a single outlet, using vague Poland (no one never knew, incidentally, that it is happening and what such a new country - Poland).
№ 219598   Added MegaMozg 16-01-2017 / 09:20
... listening to Polish language so rich in consonants, he [Georg Forster] remembered his friends in Otahiti speaking some vowels, and remarked : "If the two languages mix, whatever came out nice and smooth tongue"!
№ 140020   Added MegaMozg 09-01-2017 / 21:47
Woe to us! Poland became great as a thoroughfare on the outskirts. Who wants one and goes through it!
№ 135813   Added MegaMozg 09-01-2017 / 15:58