snobbery [Theme]

Do you know what Russia is? An icy desert without end, along which a dashing man walks.
Quote Explanation: This is how he spoke at the Paris Conference about his country,
№ 461804   Added Viker 05-02-2024 / 12:01
Your expert opinion: “this is shit”, “this is for rednecks”, “I don’t watch such *** nudes” - we turned to the *** Kenyan giraffe.
№ 457524   Added Viker 31-10-2023 / 11:45
Travel abroad, knowledge of foreign languages, the ability to enjoy foreign cuisine are implicitly associated with gentility, manifestations of snobbery, so xenophobia is fueled by class and feelings of jealousy.
№ 396716   Added Viker 01-06-2020 / 11:41
- I was surprised at the quality of California wines. And their originality. In NAPA valley there is interest in experimental methods. To quite avant-garde techniques.
- What is he saying?
- In my land they call it a dubious compliment. In England, apparently, not aware that it happens. Here's a cultural feature.
- I was surprised by the quality of California wines. And their originality. In the Napa Valley, there is interest in experimental methods. To avant-garde methods.
- What's he saying?
- Where I come from, they call it a left-handed compliment. But I don't think they have a name for it in England. It's too embedded in their culture.
№ 363926   Added MegaMozg 12-03-2019 / 05:02
Have you ever noticed that people coming from the upper strata of society, are attentive, tolerant, open-minded, and those who suddenly came into money, not earned with their work, do not show tolerance to others?
№ 354938   Added MegaMozg 01-01-2019 / 19:19
Don't like music snobbery. When I was a kid and played in folk clubs, I wanted to sing American songs, but it was the English folk clubs, and they were not allowed to do that. Bullshit. I thought, "What kind of idiocy, after all music is music!"
№ 353613   Added MegaMozg 21-12-2018 / 12:17