progress [Theme] Page 22

Yeah. You know, I was most shocking is that nothing has changed. Before, when I was very young, everyone thought that the Millennium will happen something extraordinary, but as you can see, nothing happened. As before, there are lonely old people, unemployed, smelly cars. Even thoughts have stayed the same. See, last year reinvented surrealism in the nineteenth - rock-n-roll, and now in Newspapers write that this summer, the overnight return mini skirt. If it goes on like this, soon you will remember all this junk from the last century - communism, psychoanalysis, the theory of relativity...
Well, still some progress is being made- the average human lifespan increased, and the number of divorces, the level of air pollution, the length of subway lines...
№ 65325   Added MegaMozg 03-01-2017 / 19:07
It would not be a risk - there would be no progress.
№ 62778   Added MegaMozg 03-01-2017 / 17:02
Some wimp, Sergey remembered with irritation and read a book on sociology - ranted that technological progress will inevitably lead to democracy, social justice and universal equality. No, the more technique develops, the more there is a danger for humanity, because in place of the rifles and the machine guns come neuroparalitical Gaza, the latest computer technology, chemicals, single shot which makes a man weak-willed; neurosurgery, helpful psychiatrists, obsequiously turning every deviant in schizophrenic.
№ 58684   Added MegaMozg 03-01-2017 / 13:52
We adapt the world to himself, and then can not adapt to the adapted world.
№ 58640   Added MegaMozg 03-01-2017 / 13:50
He had only to ask a man to help wash the dishes - and then there is an automatic dishwasher.
№ 57390   Added MegaMozg 03-01-2017 / 12:55
Sentimentality will always be the first rebellion of man against progress.
№ 51986   Added MegaMozg 03-01-2017 / 08:27
We live in a very strange time and was surprised to note that progress keeps pace with barbarism.
№ 50776   Added MegaMozg 03-01-2017 / 07:38
In order that people could develop, to grow, covered with glory, and to successfully think and work - the basis of life should be the idea of progress.
№ 50101   Added MegaMozg 03-01-2017 / 00:01
I'm sorry, but I don't want to be an Emperor. It is not my profession. I don't want someone to rule and someone to win. I would like to help everyone possible - Jews, Christians, black and white. We all want to help each other, so we arranged. Want to live by each other's happiness, not their misery. We don't want to hate or despise each other. In this world there's room for all, the earth is rich and can feed everyone. The road of life free and beautiful but we have lost our way. Greed has poisoned men's souls, has filled the world with hatred, made us suffer and caused bloodshed. We have developed speed but have shut ourselves in. Machinery has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical, our minds have grown hard and angry. We think too much and feel too little: more than machinery we need humanity, more than intelligence we need kindness. Without these qualities life will be violent and all will be lost. The airplane and radio have brought us closer. The very nature of these inventions requires kindness, requires universal brotherhood and unity of all of us. Even now my voice reaches millions of people around the world, millions of despairing men, women and little children victims of a system that tortures and imprisons innocent people. Those who can hear me, I said, "do Not despair!" Our present suffering is merely convulsions of greed, the despair of the people in front of human progress: the hate of these people will pass dictators die and the power they took from the people will return to him. Don't conform to hard and rough men who despise and enslave you, who tell you how to live, what to do, what to think and what to feel who drill you, treat you as cattle, as cannon fodder. Don't conform to these heartless people, people-machine minds and machines hearts of machines. You are not cattle! You people!..
№ 49735   Added MegaMozg 02-01-2017 / 23:47
The end is always the same, and all that is before him, is progress.
№ 49452   Added MegaMozg 02-01-2017 / 23:36
To think that we in our time have to believe the same thing, what is believed by our ancestors, is still, I think that when you grew up, you will fit your children's clothes.
№ 49319   Added MegaMozg 02-01-2017 / 23:31
The consciousness of humanity is progressing in a technical sense, but not in the sense of sensuality.
№ 48473   Added MegaMozg 02-01-2017 / 22:58
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.
№ 46651   Added MegaMozg 02-01-2017 / 21:46
There's one good thing about progress - it always progresses.
№ 37597   Added MegaMozg 02-01-2017 / 15:44
Polyps die, not knowing that they serve the progress of any coral reef.
№ 37076   Added MegaMozg 02-01-2017 / 15:24