serfdom [Theme]

People, when they suffer, are usually submissive; but if once they managed to throw off their burden, then the lamb turns into a tiger: the oppressed becomes the oppressor and pays a hundredfold - and then woe to the vanquished!..
Quote Explanation: The book is written about the times shortly before the Pugachev uprising
№ 460377   Added Viker 10-01-2024 / 13:52
The economic and moral state of the people after liberation from the yoke of serfdom is terrible. Undoubted and extremely alarming facts testify to this every minute. The decline of morality, cheapness, Jewish innkeepers, theft and daytime robbery - all these are undoubted facts, and everything is growing, growing.
Quote Explanation: The great chain broke, broke and hit the master with one end and the peasant with the other. (Nekrasov)
№ 457853   Added MegaMozg 31-10-2023 / 12:39
Deeply feeling that serfdom is contrary to the law of nature and the welfare of peoples, I hereby declare that I abolish it completely and forever on my estate Sekhnovichy, in the Brest-Litovsk Voivodeship, both on my own behalf and on behalf of its future owners. Therefore, I recognize the inhabitants of the village belonging to this property as free citizens and unlimited owners of their land. I release them from all, without exception, taxes, serfdom and personal duties, which they were hitherto indebted to the owners of this property. I only urge them to endeavor to establish schools and disseminate education for their own good and the good of the country.
№ 451328   Added Viker 13-03-2023 / 09:36
- Varka, light up the stove! - the voice behind the door the voice of the master.
It means it's time to get up and get to work. Varka leaves the cradle and runs to the barn for firewood. She's glad. When run and walk, sleep not so much at a sitting position.
№ 394930   Added MegaMozg 14-05-2020 / 22:45