submission [Theme]

The official religion for the people was, in her opinion, a tool necessary to force millions of slaves to obediently bend their backs.
№ 464214   Added MegaMozg 16-03-2024 / 00:03
It seems to me that the most dangerous enemies of humanity are liars. There are hundreds of thousands of liars in the world. A liar is a journalist who writes “freedom” and thinks about the freedom with which capitalists exploit workers and imperialists squeeze the juice out of colonial peoples. A liar is someone who says “peace” but in reality stands for war. A liar is someone who talks about “human dignity”, but in reality advocates humility and submission, teaches silence in the face of injustice, and turns a blind eye to poverty. Without wishing to offend anyone, I believe that there are liars in every part of the world. Every country has or had its own liars, and it’s very good if one or another country managed to overcome lies.
Quote Explanation: From the preface to the book “Gelsomino in the Land of Liars.”
№ 462184   Added Viker 05-02-2024 / 15:49
The scourge of man is imaginary knowledge. This is why the Christian religion so persistently preaches to us ignorance, which is the best basis for faith and obedience.
№ 460519   Added Viker 10-01-2024 / 15:16
People, when they suffer, are usually submissive; but if once they managed to throw off their burden, then the lamb turns into a tiger: the oppressed becomes the oppressor and pays a hundredfold - and then woe to the vanquished!..
Quote Explanation: The book is written about the times shortly before the Pugachev uprising
№ 460377   Added Viker 10-01-2024 / 13:52
Pawns, they are the same everywhere: stupid, helpful, lose their heads when they lose their queen.
Pawns, they are the same everywhere: stupid, helpful, lose...
№ 457226   Added MegaMozg 08-10-2023 / 22:12
Before you argue with the authorities, at least pretend to be at least some kind of humility.
№ 448168   Added Viker 02-01-2023 / 12:27
For the king to forgive me.
№ 447558   Added Viker 15-12-2022 / 10:26
I taught Varvara Gulyaeva so that she could delve into everything, think about everything independently. I wanted her to become a person with a broad outlook, with a conscious faith in the future. And you, perhaps, it was during these war years that you managed to impose your faith on her - blind faith, in which you don’t need to think, you don’t need to reason. The world for her became dark and incomprehensible. We won the war - why should she, Varvara, analyze, why puzzle over questions, why and why - just God's grace. Since the war, it has become more difficult to live on the Gumnishchi collective farm. How to fix the situation? Again, one answer: that's God's will. And so in everything and everywhere - mental blindness. And from blindness, from the unknown, a purely animal fear of life appears. Fear of God's wrath, fear of superiors, fear of rain at the wrong time, fear of a cat crossing the road. And then you hammer in: be patient, for everything is from God, be submissive. Submission, a lazy mind and fear - this is quite enough to make a spiritual slave out of a person. Whether you wanted it or not, you created spiritually poor people, moral freaks in our time. Thank you for your small benefit, but know that we also appreciated the harm.
№ 447002   Added Viker 28-11-2022 / 13:55
Grief makes us vulnerable and defenseless, anyone can offend us. Why is it said that grief makes a person wise and steadfast? Not true. Grief teaches to humiliation and humility.
№ 440302   Added MegaMozg 31-05-2022 / 01:24
- You are looking for an angel, but there are no angels among men. No. Yes, and we, the women, are not saints. I'll tell you what, Catherine. I do not respect humility. <...> But we live, God forbid everyone. A man is a ruff - it doesn't matter, there would be a man. A kind word will always reach the heart. You do not skimp on a kind word.
- You are looking for an angel, but there are no angels...
№ 437106   Added MegaMozg 21-03-2022 / 06:09
She raised her sweet, ugly face to him. There was a touching and almost sensuous submissiveness in him that spurred an underlying desire to hurt her, to make her feel ashamed. “When I see her,” said Daniel, “I understand sadists.”
№ 436048   Added MegaMozg 24-02-2022 / 19:18
We must follow the century with humility.
№ 435195   Added Viker 02-02-2022 / 11:12
Humility means acceptance. But how can one accept falsehood, hypocrisy, suffering, disorder, this very humility? Since evil reigns in the world, the calling of art to reflect it with ruthless frankness, to comprehend its essence.
№ 428435   Added Viker 29-09-2021 / 12:27
Justice is a phantom. The fight against evil and vice is hopeless. The destiny of man is self-denial and obedience to divine providence. Earthly existence is vain and illusurous; as for mortals, nothing can be certain except that they are mortal.
№ 427519   Added MegaMozg 14-09-2021 / 15:51
It was the absurd obedience of the crowd that made and still makes possible the existence of wars ...
№ 422996   Added MegaMozg 11-07-2021 / 22:24