intellectuals [Theme] Page 3

An intellectual is one who has a mind more than a skill, more knowledge than the mind, more information than knowledge and ambition more than all the above...
№ 313122   Added MegaMozg 04-01-2018 / 13:05
Leo told me its dispute with one of the Leningrad sculptor.
- He said to me: "You as an intelligent person have to..." And I reply, "I am not intelligent. An intelligent man is a man poorly educated, and compassionate people. I am educated well and people are not compassionate".
№ 306669   Added Viker 05-11-2017 / 12:17
Somehow Lev Gumilyov in conversation unflattering said about the intelligentsia, and the journalist said:
- Leo, how can You say that, You're an intelligent person!
And he answered:
Well, I'm intelligent - I have a profession, and I love the Motherland!
№ 306665   Added Viker 05-11-2017 / 12:16
The modern world does not require hatred, he needs the good will, need harmony, cooperation and a much more kind of moral climate; I think that even the most common a little love and warmth is able to do miracles. I protect the modern world not because it is the world of the rich, but because this is the world of the poor, and in addition, the world of those who is in the middle between the millstones of capital and class hatred of the proletariat, those who in any way supports and retains much of human values. I don't know close to ten thousand of the richest people and cannot therefore judge them, but I judged that class, called the bourgeoisie, for which I rebuked in a rotten pessimism.
So I have a right in some measure to speak up for those whose vices I, of course, also don't close my eyes. The proletariat cannot replace this class, but maybe some way to join him. Proletarian culture does not exist, what would be a clever aesthetic program, nor was written. Just as there is no purely ethnographic, aristocratic or religious culture; all that remains in the culture, associated with medium layers with the so-called intelligentsia.
Quote Explanation: The article "Why am I not a Communist?" 1924. Translated from the Czech by I. Bernstein.
№ 305876   Added MegaMozg 28-10-2017 / 15:24
I don't believe in our intelligentsia, hypocritical, false, hysterical, ill-mannered, lying, do not believe even when it suffers and complains, for its oppressors come from its own bowels.
№ 298939   Added MegaMozg 25-08-2017 / 19:09
... intellectuals can love - and then she creates amazing works or not to love - and then she deflates. To fight she does not know. You need to fight for it.
№ 285563   Added MegaMozg 03-05-2017 / 07:17
In the works of V. I. Lenin, which I had to study in my youth, I never liked his attitude towards intellectuals. But closer to the age I realized he was right. The intelligentsia are unreliable. To rely on the proletariat. Intellectual - individually strong personality. But as a class it is loose shapeless education. Everyone has their own opinion and unwillingness to follow anyone else.
№ 285562   Added MegaMozg 03-05-2017 / 07:17
You educate your mind illuminated,
You the pure truth saw the light,
And gently embraced the people he loved,
And wisely your hate.
Quote Explanation: From the outline of Pushkin's poem, in all probability dedicated to the poet Pyotr Andreyevich Vyazemsky. As shows the content of a poem could be written before the end of 1831 (hereinafter we are talking about the Polish uprising of 1830-1831).
№ 282391   Added MegaMozg 10-04-2017 / 12:59
- Your opinion of the intelligentsia over the past year?
The only thing I can say is inescapable. This phenomenon cannot be much beauty in Russian life. And if slightly to move away from Moscow, so to speak, of political parties and to get in Torzhok or Kostroma - you will see the Russian intelligentsia. Absolutely indestructible tribe. While that is not necessarily the aristocracy by birth or nobility. <...> I am convinced that to be intellectual is to educate. I am convinced that childhood can limit children from rudeness, including from their own. It is much easier to prove, do not work.
Release Date: 29.12.1994
№ 282362   Added MegaMozg 10-04-2017 / 12:44
I think today the intellectual ought to stay away from all toxic media that left, that right.
Quote Explanation: "The rules of life Alexei German Jr.," the magazine Esquire (Esquire)
№ 281481   Added MegaMozg 01-04-2017 / 23:16
A fun alternative. To be enlightened or to shoot? The eternal question of the Russian intelligentsia.
№ 279667   Added MegaMozg 16-03-2017 / 18:11
Intellectual, after all- this is a man who first doubted, and is not shy about their doubts and statements of his point of view, and in any case, not a footman.
Release Date: 08.02.2017
№ 275404   Added MegaMozg 01-03-2017 / 21:29
Stravinsky once said that the intelligentsia has no taste, since I try not to be intellectual.
№ 274153   Added MegaMozg 01-03-2017 / 13:32
An intellectual is not to pretend.
Quote Explanation: "The Russian intelligentsia. Letter to the editor", 1993 "New world" No2.
№ 262632   Added MegaMozg 18-01-2017 / 21:34
A nation that does not value intelligence is doomed. History of the Russian intelligentsia is the history of Russian thought.
Quote Explanation: "Book of worries".
№ 262627   Added MegaMozg 18-01-2017 / 21:33