translators [Theme] Page 1

We are all busy with the game:
Translate, translate
From the original language,
Somewhere near the meaning roam,
There is a plot, but to no avail.
№ 344033   Added MegaMozg 20-09-2018 / 01:03
I like the way I translated "sunset Boulevard" and how I translated "pulp fiction", but that doesn't mean I'm going to revise the translation. I hate my voice.
Quote Explanation: "The rules of life Andrey Gavrilov," the Esquire (the Esquire).
№ 342542   Added MegaMozg 08-09-2018 / 14:03
Yes, it's hard for me to translate Godard. Not only that, he can in the film to begin discussing whether Marinin, Dontsova either, and you just freeze in surprise, so Godard's still a huge flow of information - at the same time can be dialogue, narration, and appear on the screen. Interesting to watch, and when translating, you just roll the neck.
Quote Explanation: "The rules of life Andrey Gavrilov," the Esquire (the Esquire).
№ 342541   Added MegaMozg 08-09-2018 / 14:02
Simultaneous translation I became involved by accident.
№ 342538   Added MegaMozg 08-09-2018 / 13:04
The translation is that the woman: if she is beautiful, she is wrong, if true - ugly.
Quote Explanation: An epigraph.
№ 335425   Added MegaMozg 28-07-2018 / 12:39
The story is told at the time, Vladimir dal, it seems to me instructive.
"Visiting the Greek sat by the sea and sang something to myself, and then tearfully cried. What happened in this Russian were asked to translate the song; the Greek translated: sitting bird, don't know how to call in Russian, she sat on the mountain, sat a long time, waved his wings, flew far, far away, through the forest flew away... And that's it. In Russian not out of nothing, and in Greek it is a pity".
№ 335415   Added MegaMozg 28-07-2018 / 12:29
Excellent translator Valentin Smetanich (Stenich), translating from German French novel by Charles-Louis Philippe, depicted in the translation, as the young granddaughter from Paris, sending money to his old grandfather, living in the country, gives it such incredible advice:
- Go to the money to the girls so as not to bother grandma.
This phrase gives the further relation of the translator to the heroine. He decided that life in Paris corrupted it, and all its further actions gave a hint of cynicism. What was the surprise of the translator, when in a few years he became acquainted with the original and saw that granddaughter, sending money to the grandfather not told him to spend the money on debauchery, but just advised to take the maid to the grandmother it was easier to cope with homework.
№ 335412   Added MegaMozg 28-07-2018 / 12:26
Oh, T challa! Um... [In the language of Xhosa] good Luck and lots of laces!
- Well, almost! You almost had it.
- Don't laugh at me, I practiced.
Quote Explanation: From the deleted scenes.
№ 325942   Added MegaMozg 15-05-2018 / 23:40
- Remember, you read us the sixteen verses of the fourth Chapter of Genesis, and we discussed them together?
- How well I remember. It's been a while.
Almost ten years ago, Lee said. - This story hit me in the soul, and I began to think about it, word by word. And the more I thought about it, the deeper it was done its meaning. Then I compared the different translations - they were pretty close. Only one place I stumbled where Jehovah asks Cain why he was upset. According to the English Bible published under king James, God says, "If you do well, will you not raise up your face? and if you do not do well, sin lieth at the door; its desire is for you, but thou shalt rule over him." I stopped the "will to dominate", because it is a promise to Cain that he would conquer sin. <...> Then I opened American Standard Bible, recently published, ' continued Lee, having drunk coffee from a Cup. And it translates differently: "But you must master it". It's quite a different matter. There is not a promise but an order. And took me home. Well, I think the word is in the original, in the original Bible that permits such different translations?
<...>
- But why are you so interested in this place? he asked.
- It seemed to me that people can put together the great story, exactly knew what he wants to say, and his words do not admit of inclinations.
- You say "people". So, I don't think this is the book divine, written by the fingers of God?
- I think that the mind who created this story, was the mind of the divine. We in China had a few of those minds. <...> after two years [of learning Hebrew], we felt that we can proceed with your sixteen verses of the fourth Chapter of Genesis. The elders also recognized the seventh verse is very important. "Will to dominate"? "Reign"? This is the gold Deposit we long works: "Can dominate". "You can rule over sin." <...> Isn't it obvious? he exclaimed. American Standard commands people to rule over sin, rule over ignorance. British Royal promises people an indispensable victory over sin, for "you will reign" - this is a promise. But the Hebrew word "timshel" - "unable to rule" - gives the person a choice. This may be the most important word in the world. It tells the person that opened the way to decide is to him. For if "you can rule", then the opposite is true: "but they can not prevail". <...> Important every Covenant that influenced thinking, on the lives of countless people. Many millions of your believers hear these words as a command: "rule thou" - and do all their emphasis on obedience. And millions of others hear: "you Will prevail" - as the predestination over. Whatever they did, it would still be something predefined. But "can dominate"! - because it invests man's greatness puts him on a par with the gods, and in its weakness, in the mud and filth of the fratricide, he still preserves a great choice. - Lee's voice sounded triumphant song. - He can choose the way to break through and win.
Quote Explanation: This refers to the story of Cain and Abel.
№ 306790   Added MegaMozg 06-11-2017 / 00:04
Translation is when a little or not sinned against the author's meaning, and only expressed the idea in a way acceptable to his nation form.
№ 303914   Added MegaMozg 13-10-2017 / 00:30
- Write me off, please, and then I don't give a scholarship. And I'm out a little bit and will pass.
- The Charter of translators, comrade Lifanov, States that translation in the modern world should promote a better understanding between peoples, and his talk will only alienate.
№ 291937   Added MegaMozg 25-06-2017 / 19:36
The President of the trump was a very difficult dilemma - what should he do, he somehow needed to get away from that pressure with all internal investigations that are hanging on it. And then had the opportunity to move the focus on Syria. He called President Assad to animals (that is, a scumbag, if it is correct translate) and sends multiple signals. It sends a signal to the Assad regime, of course, but also Iran and North Korea. What: "Guys, I'm not Barack Obama, I Nobel prize, no one gave, I am a tough new York guy, and if you behave yourselves - I'm going to show you "the mother of Kuzma"".
Release Date: 12.04.2017
№ 282988   Added MegaMozg 13-04-2017 / 17:10
"I'm made of stone made of silk the word,"
Once said the great Rudaki.
Yes. But he did not know that interpreter again
Will make the bricks of the silk strings.
№ 282854   Added MegaMozg 13-04-2017 / 10:57
The translation of poetry is impossible without sacrifice and substitutions. To determine the method of translation of the master means first of all to determine what he sacrifices and what replaces.
Quote Explanation: The skill of translation 1966
№ 282790   Added MegaMozg 13-04-2017 / 10:43
Foreign language is a fortress that you need to attack from all sides at once: reading Newspapers, listening radio, watching a laminated film, a lecture in a foreign language, study a textbook, correspondence, meetings, and conversations with friends - native speakers.
№ 278086   Added MegaMozg 05-03-2017 / 10:19