The Bible [Theme] Page 3

You know how religious people respond when you poke them in the holes? In these plot holes, which symbolize that this is not God's word, written by men. When you ask them: "Why? It's a paradox, it is nonsense, it can't be God! This is not true." They always say like: "Well, God works in mysterious ways".
So *** you confess them? What's the point? You do not know what you believe and make us change his life?
№ 330195   Added MegaMozg 25-06-2018 / 10:38
When the Bible translate into a language understood by all, and good becomes more and believers who will understand what religion is.
№ 328556   Added MegaMozg 10-06-2018 / 22:05
They love it! They all understand, but everyone understood absolutely in its own way is amazing!
№ 327508   Added MegaMozg 31-05-2018 / 13:07
A smile is the only thing missing in the gospel...
№ 321249   Added MegaMozg 28-03-2018 / 13:05
For forty years Moses was looking for a country its people and found Israel - the only country in the middle East where there is oil.
№ 314405   Added MegaMozg 17-01-2018 / 00:07
The Jew lives 120 years (according to the Bible). What to wish him a day stalactite birthday? Have a nice day!
№ 314404   Added MegaMozg 17-01-2018 / 00:06
Hundreds of millions of people never opened the Bible, but the hundred and forty-six percent sure that I banned alcohol, frolic in bed and listen to heavy metal. I give you a tooth as collateral, in the Scripture not one word about heavy metal. Should be read carefully, but of course... - (With obvious irony.) - Holy books are tedious... That if only they fit a few text messages of support.
№ 312680   Added MegaMozg 31-12-2017 / 00:07
- Remember, you read us the sixteen verses of the fourth Chapter of Genesis, and we discussed them together?
- How well I remember. It's been a while.
Almost ten years ago, Lee said. - This story hit me in the soul, and I began to think about it, word by word. And the more I thought about it, the deeper it was done its meaning. Then I compared the different translations - they were pretty close. Only one place I stumbled where Jehovah asks Cain why he was upset. According to the English Bible published under king James, God says, "If you do well, will you not raise up your face? and if you do not do well, sin lieth at the door; its desire is for you, but thou shalt rule over him." I stopped the "will to dominate", because it is a promise to Cain that he would conquer sin. <...> Then I opened American Standard Bible, recently published, ' continued Lee, having drunk coffee from a Cup. And it translates differently: "But you must master it". It's quite a different matter. There is not a promise but an order. And took me home. Well, I think the word is in the original, in the original Bible that permits such different translations?
<...>
- But why are you so interested in this place? he asked.
- It seemed to me that people can put together the great story, exactly knew what he wants to say, and his words do not admit of inclinations.
- You say "people". So, I don't think this is the book divine, written by the fingers of God?
- I think that the mind who created this story, was the mind of the divine. We in China had a few of those minds. <...> after two years [of learning Hebrew], we felt that we can proceed with your sixteen verses of the fourth Chapter of Genesis. The elders also recognized the seventh verse is very important. "Will to dominate"? "Reign"? This is the gold Deposit we long works: "Can dominate". "You can rule over sin." <...> Isn't it obvious? he exclaimed. American Standard commands people to rule over sin, rule over ignorance. British Royal promises people an indispensable victory over sin, for "you will reign" - this is a promise. But the Hebrew word "timshel" - "unable to rule" - gives the person a choice. This may be the most important word in the world. It tells the person that opened the way to decide is to him. For if "you can rule", then the opposite is true: "but they can not prevail". <...> Important every Covenant that influenced thinking, on the lives of countless people. Many millions of your believers hear these words as a command: "rule thou" - and do all their emphasis on obedience. And millions of others hear: "you Will prevail" - as the predestination over. Whatever they did, it would still be something predefined. But "can dominate"! - because it invests man's greatness puts him on a par with the gods, and in its weakness, in the mud and filth of the fratricide, he still preserves a great choice. - Lee's voice sounded triumphant song. - He can choose the way to break through and win.
Quote Explanation: This refers to the story of Cain and Abel.
№ 306790   Added MegaMozg 06-11-2017 / 00:04
God still means a lot to me. Although that said about religion, the Bible, to me, sounds too confusing.
№ 295082   Added MegaMozg 23-07-2017 / 12:24
mom said alcohol is the enemy.
the Bible says: "love your enemy"
the case is closed.
№ 291961   Added MegaMozg 26-06-2017 / 01:03
Killing people is OK, according to the Bible. The Bible is one of the bloodiest books in history.
№ 284854   Added MegaMozg 26-04-2017 / 19:30
The Bible teaches us how not to write for film.
№ 284710   Added MegaMozg 26-04-2017 / 13:00
- You think it's OK to interpret the Bible any way you want?
- No, of course not. But the Bible was written and interpreted by mortals. And many of those interpretations were reflections of the time in which they lived.
And you think that you are free to question it? In my opinion, is blasphemy.
- I don't think God is opposed to ask questions. He may not always delighted with our responses.
№ 276842   Added MegaMozg 02-03-2017 / 15:42
Back to the USSR. Like the time in the Bible where
Lenin in the red cap walked on water.
№ 275452   Added MegaMozg 01-03-2017 / 21:35
You know, I was always amazed that the Bible has absolutely no humor. But this can not be, if her people wrote. But then I realized: this is a set of rules. As a child - buy a constructor, and inside the user manual: it is necessary to fasten to that, and get this. The Bible - the same manual. Kill not, steal not... And if you start changing rules that you in this Tome is written, you change their own way and the whole mechanism of the universe. You turn on the wrong path, then still somewhere, and the result disappear.
Quote Explanation: Article from the newspaper: the Weekly "Arguments and Facts", № 4, 25.01.2017.
№ 274115   Added MegaMozg 01-03-2017 / 13:28