the consumer society [Theme] Page 8

We are fed, clothed, healthy. We are almost as elegant as our cars. Almost as meaningful as our refrigerators. Maybe we can do without ideals? Replace state materialism - everyday, every second, everyday? Destroy false ideas, and long live the ideas?!..
№ 145720   Added MegaMozg 10-01-2017 / 18:05
You have to understand the difference between "be" and "to have". Passion eats human. If your goal is to earn a certain amount of money, you won't stop even after the money you have in your pocket, you will need more and more. If a man sees his happiness in having a particular woman, he is unlikely to be limited to one. He will have to conquer more and more new. I know what they say, he was like that. If in your life there is no happiness, maybe you never achieve.
№ 143193   Added MegaMozg 10-01-2017 / 14:26
Man, I see in Fight Club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see it squandered. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables - slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. <...> We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. <...> We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars, but we won't. We're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.
Yeah, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. With potential that's being squandered. A whole generation pumping gas, waiters slaves in white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. <...>. We are the middle children of history. No purpose, no place. <...> We were told on TV that someday we'll be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars, but we do not Shine. Gradually it comes to us and angry, terribly angry.
№ 134359   Added MegaMozg 09-01-2017 / 14:31
American colleagues explained to me that "low level of General culture and schooling in their country - for the conscious achievement of economic goals. The fact is that, having read books, educated people is getting worst by the buyer: he buys less, and washing machines, and cars, begins to prefer them Mozart or van Gogh, Shakespeare, or theorem. It hurts the economy of a consumer society and, above all, the incomes of owners of life, so they tend to prevent cultural and education (which, in addition, prevent them to manipulate the population as deprived of intelligence herd)".
№ 128729   Added MegaMozg 08-01-2017 / 19:44
Education designed to prepare members of society, and produce a selection of them as tools needful capital and the state.
№ 125605   Added MegaMozg 08-01-2017 / 15:58
- People aren't saying anything.
- Well, how can that be!
Yes, Yes. About anything. They name a lot of cars or clothes or swimming pools mostly and say How swell! They are all saying the same things. As ratchet. While the café include drawers jokes and listening to the same old spicy or include the music wall and watch it run color patterns, but all of this is completely pointless, as the tints of colors.
№ 125252   Added MegaMozg 08-01-2017 / 15:40
if you do not think about the past - in principle tolerably
the world consumption again come on all living
it is a pity that we came to their senses too late
Time fled and we have become dumb
№ 124987   Added MegaMozg 08-01-2017 / 15:28
And people strive in life not to do what they think is good and to call as many things with their.
№ 120548   Added MegaMozg 08-01-2017 / 09:34
You can't be soul rich and live on a dime.
Radio and telly
To take it on faith,
Nowhere, alas, without the money, but should be the measure.
№ 118416   Added MegaMozg 07-01-2017 / 21:31
If You want to raise good children, spend on them half the money and twice the time.
№ 118116   Added MegaMozg 07-01-2017 / 21:17
Maybe we're all sick because we have too much.
№ 115195   Added MegaMozg 07-01-2017 / 11:08
Sometimes it seems that without advertising, the Americans lost, they would not know what to buy and why to buy.
№ 114594   Added MegaMozg 07-01-2017 / 10:19
Here in me lights up a wild desire for strong feelings, the " wow " experience, a furious anger at the dull, shallow, standardized and sterilized life, the furious need to smash something to pieces, the shop, for example, a Cathedral or myself, to make some kind of dashing folly, rip off the wigs with any respectable idols, to supply any rebellious students coveted tickets to Hamburg, defile the girl, or to wring the neck of several members of the bourgeois lifestyle. After all, that's what I hated and cursed irreconcilable than the other, is contentment, is health, this idealism, this blagodarenie the optimism of the bourgeois, that prosperity is just mediocre, normal, average.
№ 99066   Added MegaMozg 06-01-2017 / 02:26
I'm afraid that the reason there is not to get down: it's an avalanche-like increase in the frequency of consumption requires a more digestible product - or low-calorie foods requires an increase in the frequency of consumption?..
№ 98207   Added MegaMozg 06-01-2017 / 01:46
The ideology of Hyper-consumption more dangerous to humanity than the Nazi ideology of totalitarianism.
№ 84789   Added MegaMozg 04-01-2017 / 22:26