blockade [Theme] Page 3

What, do you think that since I was a leader under the Soviet regime, that means I don’t believe in God? Maybe I don’t believe, but in difficult times you can’t live without God.
№ 459434   Added Viker 07-12-2023 / 12:30
I have been on a diet all my life and, one wonders, why? To die of hunger? The irony of fate, as our choreographer liked to say.
№ 459433   Added Viker 07-12-2023 / 12:30
The captured corporal of the 1st battery of the 768th artillery division, Willi Becker, said at the Nuremberg trials: ...
№ 459231   Added Viker 07-12-2023 / 12:00
In October, Leningrad windows were overgrown with tin chimneys. There was no heating and potbelly stoves were made from whatever materials were available. It was considered great luck to get an iron barrel or a huge milk can.
№ 459230   Added MegaMozg 07-12-2023 / 12:00
MPVO - Local air defense. During the years of the siege, its core was girls. MPVO fighters carried out rescue operations in hotbeds of destruction, cleared rubble, controlled blackouts, extinguished incendiary bombs, cleared unexploded ordnance, rescued children left without parents, provided assistance to the victims and bury the dead and dead.
№ 459229   Added Viker 07-12-2023 / 11:59
Finding yourself among enemies - what could be worse? Even though there is hunger in Leningrad, bombs are falling from the sky and guns are firing, but there are relatives and Soviet people nearby. Their.
№ 459228   Added Viker 07-12-2023 / 11:59
It's strange that people, out of habit, continue to say kind
№ 459225   Added Viker 07-12-2023 / 11:59
In one week, Leningrad schoolchildren collected more than a million bottles. The bottles were filled with a flammable mixture and sent to the front.
№ 459224   Added Viker 07-12-2023 / 11:59
In Hitler's Directive No. 1601 The Future
№ 459223   Added Viker 07-12-2023 / 11:59
- The metronome is knocking. This is so that the population knows that the radio is working. You can’t have an announcer on duty 24/7; they also need to sleep. In Leningrad it is forbidden to turn off the radio in order to notify people in time about the air raid warning. Slowly knocking means all clear, but fast knocking means the residents should run to the bomb shelter.
№ 459222   Added Viker 07-12-2023 / 11:58
In the 70s, director Carmen invited me to voice the 20-episode documentary film "The Great Patriotic War", where for the first time the true figures of our terrible losses were heard. I remember a close-up of people of different ages who went to the front from besieged Leningrad, and the words: “Look at these faces. Remember them. None of these people will come back alive…” I started voicing and… couldn’t hold back my tears. I had to stop. Only after a week I learned to cope with a lump in my throat and rising tears.
№ 438869   Added Viker 25-05-2022 / 16:30
It so happened in my life that, having survived as a seven-year-old child in besieged Leningrad thanks to the boundless love and care of my mother, I returned to the blockade after 20 years as its historian and experienced a shock no less strong than in childhood. It was all the more unexpected because in the post-war years it seemed to me that I had forgotten everything about that terrible time. However, fate was pleased to remind me of him:...
In the course of many years of archival searches, I had to make many discoveries about both the high morale of the people of Leningrad and their tragic fate. And this did not go to any comparison with what I saw with my own eyes from the window of our frozen apartment in the blockade winter of 1941-1942.

Explanation of the quote:

2013 edition
Professor G. L. Sobolev is the author of more than 300 scientific works, including more than a dozen monographs and manuals.
The book shows the besieged life of Leningrad in all its manifestations, considers the nature and motives of the behavior of various social groups of the population, identifies the main factors of survival in the conditions of the blockade.
Quote Explanation: The book shows the blockade life of Leningrad in all its manifestations, examines the nature and motives of the behavior of various social groups of the population, identifies the main factors of survival in the conditions of the blockade.
№ 425841   Added Viker 20-08-2021 / 11:28