portrait [Theme] Page 1

- As you well know, the price of things is a relative concept, determined naturally, based on the balance of supply and demand. If I say that I want to buy something from you, and you answer that you do not want to sell, the price will increase.
- I know the market principle. Still, do you really need me to paint your portrait? Can you do without it?
- Yes, you're right: I can do without it. But curiosity lives in me. What will be the portrait like if you write it? And I want to know. For myself. In other words, I myself have set the price for my own curiosity.
- And your curiosity costs a lot of money.
He smiled cheerfully.
- If you are interested in something out of pure curiosity, it only gets stronger. And you have to pay for it.
№ 409959   Added MegaMozg 21-12-2020 / 20:36
The credibility of oil painting makes the viewer believe that he is very close to depicted on the foreground of the image objects (can literally touch them). If it shows the person such proximity implies a certain degree of intimacy.
However, the official portrait is intended, on the contrary, to stress the distance. That is why (and not because of lack of skill from the artist) person on the average portrait, painted in the traditional way, looked so constrained and motionless. This artificiality is rooted in the requirements of the image: the object needs to be seen both near and afar. You can draw an analogy with samples examined under a microscope. Here they are in front of us, we can study them, but you can't imagine the same way they treated us.
№ 397483   Added MegaMozg 07-06-2020 / 17:12
His psychological profile in a nutshell: just greedy!
1 Season 12 Series
№ 370424   Added MegaMozg 22-05-2019 / 04:05
Is that me?
Depends on whether you like it or not.
Well, it is very beautiful.
- Yes, that's you.
What if I said I didn't like it?
- Well, it would still be you, only I'd feel like an idiot.
- I can't believe Stewart rolls up to the penny.
- It is necessary urgently to learn to draw!
2 Season 20 Series
№ 352504   Added MegaMozg 08-12-2018 / 19:12
As a rule, successful socialite, not yet caught in the iron millstone evil fate, on the face always a mask of an emotional coldness.
№ 351010   Added Viker 25-11-2018 / 09:51
Oh, what a smart look at this boob.
Quote Explanation: Satirical newsreel "Wick". "Queen Margot -Easy life"
№ 346717   Added MegaMozg 12-10-2018 / 11:09