the American dream [Theme]

Part of the American dream: live long and die young.
№ 437394   Added MegaMozg 02-04-2022 / 21:27
... they go to the time they invented. Nathan Riley has his own idea of what early twentieth century America looked like. This picture is flawed and full of anachronisms because he is not a scientist. But for him, it's real. He can live there. It's the same with the others.
Carpenter bulged his eyes.
- This concept is almost impossible to grasp. These people have discovered how to turn a dream into a reality. They know how to get into the world of a dream come true. They can live there. God, this is your American Dream, Carpenter. It's a miracle, immortality, an almost divine act of creation... This must be mastered. This needs to be explored. This must be said to the whole world.
Quote Explanation: I remembered about this work in connection with that cross out from social networks of people. Author American science fiction writer Alfred Bester Born: 1913-12-18 Died: 1987-09-30
№ 415781   Added MegaMozg 26-03-2021 / 11:57
V. Solovyov
Here NV (Zlobin said) about the American dream. And they formulated, what is this dream?
Zlobin
If you work and live by the rules of this country, you will be successful.
V. Solovyov
But this is nonsense, because the rules change all the time in this country. It's not the American dream. The American dream before was quite specific. House, garage for two cars, a wife, two children. That was the American dream.
Quote Explanation: Evening with Vladimir Solovyov on 06.07.2020
№ 399977   Added MegaMozg 07-07-2020 / 13:06
Goodbye, America, Oh..
Where was never.
Goodbye forever.
Take the banjo, play me goodbye.
№ 395387   Added Viker 19-05-2020 / 10:59
- What are you doing here?!
- So, people-watch.
- See. I'm your brother well know, long ride. First from friends, then to wash the dishes or porter in a store, then you rent an apartment and came. And there where the curve of the American dream will bring.
- You're so vain, I love the Motherland.
- Ah, a patriot! A Russian idea! Dostoevsky! Power!
№ 361533   Added MegaMozg 20-02-2019 / 08:24
I loved to stand in the dark at the window of the office his omnipotent boss and watch the glowing lights of the restless new York. I imagined myself the heroine of the movie (you can choose any hot embrace of luxury, a wide terrace with a river view) and felt that I was on top of the world. And then flashed lamp, and my imagination dissipated. Disappear is inspired by the new York dawn of the feeling that on earth nothing is impossible...
№ 349341   Added MegaMozg 09-11-2018 / 00:07
What happened to the American dream?
What happened to the American dream?! It became a reality. Open your eyes...
№ 337898   Added MegaMozg 13-08-2018 / 18:08
Typical politician... big promises, but in reality is just empty chatter.
What?
- "Intensive economy"? Some rare stuff! You are only thinking about ratings and votes. And how to fill their pockets. You have no principles, like all the others! Even if America became a pile of shit, you're just a pathetic maggots crawling in it!
- Well, let's be honest. You're right about one thing - I really need the capital. Want to know why? "I have a dream"... that one day will come when every person in this country will control their own destiny. In a country of true freedom, dammit! In the country of action, not empty words! Managed by strength, not Committee! Where the law is changed individually, and not Vice versa! Where power and justice are where it should - in the hands of the people! Where every man is free to think and act! To hell with all these lawyers impotent and shit bureaucrats! To hell with these round-the-clock the Internet-sracha about celebrities and things like that! To hell with the media and "American pride"! To hell with this!.. America is sick - she's rotten to the core. And no other means to save her, but to rip out all the roots! To start with a clean slate, it is necessary to burn it all down! Out of the ashes may rise a new America - the great and rebellious! Get rid of the weak and the strong are free to choose the life they want! And then they will return America to her greatness!
- What nonsense are you talking about?
- And you still don't understand. I'm using war as a business. As a means to be elected. And I can end war as a business! In my America, people will die and kill for what they believe! Not for money and oil! Not for what they say is right! Each person will choose what he will fight! Well, what do you think?
- What makes you think you'll get elected?
Well, I don't write their speeches. You should try to fight for what you believe in, Jack. Not for society, not for country, not for someone else.
- Maybe I was wrong about you...
- I finally convinced you?! I will rid the world of pointless wars, Jack.
- I was wrong - you're not greedy... You're a fucking psychopath!
- Preparing a giant omelette, it is not necessary to worry about every broken egg, Jack.
But not when you "weed out the weak" right? What do you know about the weak? You are not born in poverty, never went hungry, and you don't have to fight, steal and kill to survive...
- But you survived! Sheer force of will, following your own rules, you own hands snatched his life from the clutches of death!
Now I'm going to rip out yours!
№ 276512   Added MegaMozg 02-03-2017 / 14:50
In the public schools of new York do not have enough good teachers. The Newspapers write that they are begging to get a job. Dad, every year I tell my students to do in life what they want. Dream big! To take the risk! It is time to translate your own words into action.
New York public schools are desperate for good teachers. Newspaper says they're begging for them. Dad, every year I tell my students to go for what they want in life - dream big, take risks. It's time I start living up to my own words.
Quote Explanation: Ron Clark explains to the parents the decision to leave a good job in Aurora and move to new York to teach students from disadvantaged areas.
№ 273110   Added MegaMozg 25-01-2017 / 12:57