cross [Theme] Page 4

APHORISMS
Each carries his cross, but at different distances.
Those who think we don't need. We need those who change their minds.
Human rights: permission to drive vehicles.
The world is ruled by styles, monsoons, and the masons.
At every step we face a strange fortune.
When looking for your own way, ask for directions at the counter.
Those who need more than you need, will never understand those who ought to know better.
Our capabilities are so small that we all carry about with us.
What is preferable: Paradise in a tent or a hut in Paradise?
We treat useless fossil, not because worse than others, but because of all people.
Bowed my own shadow and suddenly you find that she belongs to the boss.
So much I want to say that necessarily be its own listener.
Outside benefits and staffing, we are all equal, like fish in an aquarium.
Even in the dictation made political mistakes.
Fools need not despair, their time will never end.
The man is a style, a steeplechase is a horse.
Boris Ioselevich
№ 389082   Added MegaMozg 21-03-2020 / 14:18
Unwillingness to believe in its possibilities-life becomes for these people a joyless existence.
№ 388598   Added MegaMozg 13-03-2020 / 10:47
Learn to bear your cross and believe.
№ 358102   Added MegaMozg 22-01-2019 / 22:02
Don't forget that some people worship the cross as an instrument of torture.
№ 342138   Added MegaMozg 05-09-2018 / 16:26
"From one cross you could make two gallows" down said.
№ 336936   Added MegaMozg 07-08-2018 / 23:23
Only in the dreams of the gods with Vayu. "Your God speaks to you in dreams?" they asked the Franciscans. Those eyes were lowered and carried the cross back to Santa Marta...
№ 290110   Added MegaMozg 11-06-2017 / 13:34
We do not choose his own cross. Cross chooses us.
№ 249538   Added MegaMozg 17-01-2017 / 22:11
Someone once referred to people
King in mockery to God, in fact,
Who was killed and whose instrument of torture
Warmed by the warmth of my chest...
<...>
The gold rusts and steel decays,
The marble crumbles - all ready for death.
Just stronger on the ground sorrow
And durability - a Royal word.
Quote Explanation: One thousand nine hundred forty five
№ 245033   Added MegaMozg 17-01-2017 / 19:05
God forbid liars to close the mouth
the voice of God heard in the children's scream.
God grant to the living witness of Christ
let not men in the women's face.
Do not cross backrest we bear,
good day
Not to Sviritsa in all
God forbid, but just a little God!
Give God everything, everything, everything
and all at once - so as not to hurt...
God forbid all, but only
what then will not be ashamed.
№ 239602   Added MegaMozg 17-01-2017 / 15:13
If the fortune is stuck in a ditch, the cross of fate can be worn on the back.
№ 225492   Added MegaMozg 16-01-2017 / 13:51
There was one simple-minded villager who lived by the labor of his hands, but earned very little: he had enough money to feed himself and his family. Once he went to the seashore, sat down on a stone and began to watch as large ships with rich goods approached the marina, and then these goods were unloaded and brought to the city for sale. And a sinful thought struck him in the head: "Why did the Lord send wealth to all people and all contentment, and leave others to live in poverty?" And he began to murmur on his miserable share. Meanwhile, the midday sun was very hot; the poor man began to overcome a nap, and he quietly fell asleep. And he dreams that he stands at the base of a high mountain; a venerable old man with a long beard approaches him and says to him: - Come behind me! He obeyed and went after him. They walked for a long time and, finally, came to such a place where a great many crosses of every kind and of various sizes lay. There were crosses large and small, gold and silver, copper and iron, stone and wooden. And the old man said to him: “You see how many crosses are here?” Choose any for yourself and carry it to the top of that very mountain that you saw before you. Our simplet looked at the golden cross: so beautiful he is, as if the red sun shines. This cross liked him, and he wanted to take it on his shoulders, but no matter how hard he worked, he could not only raise this cross, but also move it from its place. “No,” the old man tells him, “it’s obvious that you will not bring this cross up the hill.” Take another - silver. Maybe he will be able to. A simpleton took a silver cross. This one, indeed, was lighter than gold, but still he couldn’t do anything with it. It was the same with copper, and with iron, and with stone crosses. “There is nothing to do,” the old man tells him, “take one of the wooden crosses.” Then he took the simplest little smallest of wooden crosses and easily and soon carried him to that mountain. He was glad that he had finally come, one cross in his strength, and asked his companion: - And what kind of reward will I be for it? “So that you yourself decide what to reward you with,” he answered him, “I will tell you that this is for the crosses that you saw.” The golden cross that you first liked so much is the royal cross. You think to yourself: how good and easy it is to be a king. And you can’t imagine that the royal power is the heaviest cross. And the silver cross is the cross of all those who are clothed with power, is the cross of the pastors of the Church of God, the cross of the closest servants of the kings. All of them also have many worries and sorrows. The copper cross is the cross of all those to whom God has sent wealth. You envy them and think how happy they are. And the rich are harder to live than you. After your labors, you can safely fall asleep: no one will touch your wretched hut and your little good. And a rich man always - day and night - is afraid that someone would deceive him, rob him, set his house on fire. In addition, the rich for wealth will give his answer to God: how he uses his wealth. But misfortune will happen - the rich man will become impoverished: how many sorrows will then fall upon him! But the iron cross is a cross of military men. Ask those who were at war, and they will tell you how often they had to spend nights on bare, damp ground, endure hunger and cold. A stone cross is a cross of trading people. You like their life because they don’t have to work, how are you? But doesn’t it ever happen that a merchant goes overseas, spends all his capital on a product, and the whole product dies from a shipwreck, and an unhappy merchant returns home as a complete poor man? But the wooden cross, which you so easily brought up the mountain, this is your cross. You complained that your life is difficult, but now you see that it is much easier than the life of other people. The heart expert, the Lord, knew that in any other rank and position you would have destroyed your soul, so He gave you the most humble, easiest cross - the wooden cross. So, go and do not complain about the Lord God for your poor share. The Lord gives everyone a cross according to his strength - how many who can bear. At the last words of the elder, the villager woke up, thanked God for a sensible dream, and from that time on he never again murmured against God.
№ 217601   Added MegaMozg 15-01-2017 / 22:21
Decided one person that he had too hard life. And he turned to God with this request: "Lord, my cross is too heavy, and I can't move him. All the people I know, the crosses much easier. Could you replace my cross to lighter?" And God said: "Well, I invite you into my vault of crosses - choose one that you yourself will enjoy." A man came in the store and began to pick up his cross: he tried all the crosses, and it all seemed too heavy. After going through all the crosses, he noticed at the exit cross, which seemed to him easier than others, and said to God: "Let me take this one." And God answered: "So what's your own cross that you left at the door before began to measure them."
№ 207404   Added MegaMozg 15-01-2017 / 10:54
Margo, I know you lost a friend today, but look at me: I lost all my friends! More than that - I lost my mother! You always could cry, as it is now; I always had to smile even during the most intense mental pain. You suffer; but look at me - I'm dying! Well, Margo, be courageous! I beg you, sister, in the name of our good fame! The honour of our Royal house - this is our cross, let us bear it like Christ to Golgotha; and if we stumble on his way once more, we will stand, uncomplainingly and courageously as he did. <...> Yes, the sister, the victim of severe; but each one brings his sacrifice - one sacrifice honor, the other with his life. Do you think that I, being twenty-five years of age and occupying the best seat in the world, want to die without regret? Look at me... because I have eyes, and complexion, and the lips of the dying; but I'm smiling... and looking at my smile, do not think that I hope to live? And in fact, my sister, a week at most, maybe a month, you mourn me, mourn now as the one who died this morning.
№ 192965   Added MegaMozg 13-01-2017 / 16:18
By the way, not mistake about these relics. Fragments of the cross I had seen a lot and in many different churches. If they are all true, then our Lord was tormented by two crossed beams, as on a fence...
№ 153979   Added MegaMozg 11-01-2017 / 12:59