the atomic bomb [Theme]

Today's news about nuclear
Quote Explanation: John Tolkien, from a letter to his son Christopher, August 9, 1945
№ 465359   Added MegaMozg 01-04-2024 / 03:21
But I remember sitting with my mother in a restaurant in New York just after (Hiroshima), peering into the city, and knowing how big the Hiroshima bomb was and what a huge area it destroyed, in fact, knowing everything about it, I suddenly thought : “What if we drop it around 34th Street?” It will cover the area where we are sitting - I think it was 59th Street - and all the people will be killed, all the buildings will be destroyed, and there are more than one such bomb. It is easy to continue their production - and all life on earth will be doomed. This thought occurred to me very early, earlier than other, more optimistic people.
Quote Explanation: Feynman in 1943-1945 was one of the developers of the atomic bomb at Los Alamos
№ 441280   Added MegaMozg 24-06-2022 / 07:15
Did Dr. Miranda offer you a C-section?
- Why? I have a wide pelvis. There's no need for that. I'm waiting here like everyone else. The question is, for what?
- Maybe that's why you've been going through for two weeks?
- If you were in the stomach and you had a choice, would you like to appear in such a world?
- Do you think that the child is thinking about whether he should be born?
- Do you think that I am restrained by an effort of will, disrupting the natural process?
- No, but I think you should wish for the baby to be born. Give him hope.
- Hope for what? Do you think that we will remove the corpses, patch all the holes, restore the supermarkets ... Do you think that everyone who is alive will say: "Sorry, it was not our fault!" We all knew what it was like. They knew about bombs and radiation. For forty years we knew it was possible. And we all didn't care.
- What can I object to you?
- Please object to me! Give me a reason to live! Give me hope!

Quote in English
Quote Explanation: As a result of the nuclear attack, the central part of the United States is a blackened desert of burned cities, the population of which has suffered from burns, radiation and a blast wave.
Did Dr. Miranda offer you a C-section?
- Why? I have a wide...
№ 417180   Added MegaMozg 16-04-2021 / 12:12
Good evening. You Sphinx number 1. Because of your interference, the press conference is canceled. Video plays automatically in the event of cancellation of the conference. This is the last message. And the last bomb will be... nuclear. It will automatically explode at ten o'clock. The explosion is not averted. So, people of Japan... goodbye.
№ 395456   Added Viker 19-05-2020 / 11:16
Effects of atomic bombs remained a mystery even to those who used them.
Quote Explanation: Wells predicted the atomic bomb in 1913
№ 383211   Added MegaMozg 21-11-2019 / 18:50
Even if one country would constantly arm themselves, build weapons, and the other will do nothing, then the country that is arming, still not benefit from it. The weak side may simply blow up all of their nuclear warheads on its territory, and it would mean suicide for it and a slow killing for the adversary. Miracema is what it is.
№ 380857   Added MegaMozg 20-10-2019 / 20:54
While our planet remains, so to speak, mined, our every move, the slightest careless movement and disguised the wire will hurt the burst of the explosion. And then - the next day - no one will understand how it happened.
№ 380856   Added MegaMozg 20-10-2019 / 20:51
The effect of habituation, instinctive reaction is weary of the human brain for possible overheating... as horrible As it sounds, but we got used to the situation hanging over us nuclear sword of Damocles - just try not to think about him, turned his attention to other concerns.
№ 380855   Added MegaMozg 20-10-2019 / 20:48
In ancient times, men with guns in the hands of experienced immoral act of killing his own kind, by convincing themselves that fighting for their children. Today men put their children to die for you.
Quote Explanation: In a nuclear war the soldiers will be highly protected
№ 380854   Added MegaMozg 20-10-2019 / 20:45
Was there another in the history of the century, knowing so clearly that it can do good, but with such stubborn persistence created evil? I doubt it. And this doubt of mine makes me feel the special responsibility of mankind, which had no precedent in any of the past centuries.
№ 380836   Added MegaMozg 20-10-2019 / 15:45
A nuclear war would bring humanity to barbarism and a return to savagery.
№ 380835   Added MegaMozg 20-10-2019 / 15:42
The way many physicists who are intimately connected with the bomb was indeed indirect; often confusing, winding road led to an awareness of their responsibility. It was the way of participation and complicity in murderous "physics" to understanding that she needs to be stopped.
№ 380834   Added MegaMozg 20-10-2019 / 15:39
No matter how "upgrade" the bomb, like it or rationalizing, it does not cease to be a bomb - that is a device for killing a huge number of people. Sometimes I think I would protest if mankind put all the scientists to one wall and shot...
№ 380833   Added MegaMozg 20-10-2019 / 15:36
Even missile salvo of the five nuclear submarines could lead to the establishment of the regime of nuclear winter for a few months, when the average temperature is set at -20C.
№ 380826   Added MegaMozg 20-10-2019 / 15:15
The person who first guess to make a reasonable bomb, I would put the monument and the inscription on it: "Spit here."
Quote Explanation: From the story "The last world war"
№ 380819   Added Viker 20-10-2019 / 15:04