the sense of self-importance [Theme]

He was wearing a tailcoat, he was going to dine with rich, respectable, influential people - all this aroused in him the feeling that he himself had become an important person, had become a completely different person, a person from society, from a good society.
№ 430799   Added MegaMozg 16-10-2021 / 20:36
High self-esteem has become a disease of our civilization. We teeth rip into his ego like a dog with an old Shoe. Spit out this Shoe. It has no nutritional value. And besides, he will soon be a disgusting taste.
№ 399949   Added MegaMozg 06-07-2020 / 22:27
Self-importance requires tremendous energy. One who fancies himself important must run "transmitter" and "radar". On the one hand, you send the world a signal about their achievements, and on the other the busy check of the different echoes, which the outside world responds to these signals. Save energy: turn off the transmitter and the radar and focus on his business and work. This means: don't be a dandy and, in particular, do not flaunt their legendary success. Cease the familiar name dropping, glory not, acquaintances with famous people. The world generally doesn't care what you have just attended an audience with the Pope. If this has happened - celebrate but don't post their photos in social networks and on the walls of his house. If
№ 399946   Added MegaMozg 06-07-2020 / 22:18
The fundamental rule of good life - don't take yourself too important. On the contrary, the less important you wrinkle, the better your life becomes.
№ 399945   Added MegaMozg 06-07-2020 / 22:15
The sense of self-importance has nothing to do with self-esteem. In the process of losing self-importance people can achieve even greater self-esteem than before. Self-importance leads to the fact that you choose self-restraint in actions, which do not correlate with people's habits, standards and notions about "appropriate" or "normal" behavior. The importance of their own forces to protect their "I" from any suspicion on the part of others that no one had any doubt that you always do the "right thing". The trap here is that it's not yours and someone else's idea of what is "right." When you feel in your heart that your beliefs and actions are correct (e.g. swing on a swing), why do you need to justify to someone in their motives or actions? Just let others have their own opinion and if you choose something, thank others for their contributions and then act accordingly its ultimate intention, not caring whether your actions to the perceptions of other people about their accuracy. If you act thus, you will find that you opened a whole new world - exciting and challenging. You should try everything! And don't forget that there is no failure - only feedback. Always keep in mind that you can do anything in this world, as long as you are willing to accept the consequences. The sense of self-importance - it is a sort of filter of our belief system that determines a list of possible consequences, accept the unacceptable. This limits us. Get rid of self-importance and a profound indifference to itself, and you get close to unlimited power.
№ 390692   Added MegaMozg 08-04-2020 / 16:09
- If you are going to summarize the teachings of don Juan or mark is probably the most important of the teachings - what would it be?
The most important thing to me that I could invest everything I have that don Juan has revealed is a prerequisite, which consists in the loss of personal importance; it is a sense of narcissism, self-esteem, which bequeathed us by our ancestors - the idea that personal I so valuable.
"Once I asked him why it was so important to lose the sense of self-importance. Don Juan said that it is very simple - 90% of our energy goes into protecting our people. His idea is that it makes no sense for such efforts. Protection of persons is too much and leads to nothing".
Quote Explanation: a href="http://chaparral.space/wiki/"http://chaparral.space/wiki//aИнтервью:_Карлос_Кастанеда,Javiersolana(1984_год)
№ 390691   Added MegaMozg 08-04-2020 / 16:06
The sense of self-importance is the biggest barrier that must be overcome to explore the unexplored aspects of life. This feeling prevents us from trying to do what we wanted or had to do: we are afraid of how it will look in other people or in his own eyes. Wanting to try something new and fear of failure (or fear of ending up in an awkward situation), people will do whatever is necessary to make available for him at the moment force.
№ 390690   Added MegaMozg 08-04-2020 / 16:03