russian literature [Theme]

This is a writer - as an artistic writer, if not higher, then probably equal to our first writers. It is very instructive to read it now. And a good, sincere person. A person outstanding in strength, intelligence, and sincerity.
Quote Explanation: about Alexander Herzen
№ 466273   Added MegaMozg 28-04-2024 / 08:48
You have everything you need - a concise, strong, real language, a characteristic that is left to you alone, not humor, but what produces cheerful laughter, and in content - love and therefore knowledge of the true interests of the life of the people.
Quote Explanation: About Mikhail Evgrafovich Saltykov-Shchedrin
№ 466272   Added MegaMozg 28-04-2024 / 08:45
The carefully written epilogues of his novels and stories seem painfully artificial; the author goes out of his way to indulge the reader’s curiosity, consistently examining the fate of the heroes in a manner that, with great stretch, can be called artistic. He is not a great writer, although he is very nice.
Quote Explanation: About Ivan Turgenev
№ 466271   Added MegaMozg 28-04-2024 / 08:42
In his worst works - in all this Ukrainian nonsense - he is a worthless author, in his best - he is incomparable.
Quote Explanation: About Nikolai Gogol
№ 466270   Added MegaMozg 28-04-2024 / 08:39
Our happy marriage began through literature. When I read Russian writers, it’s as if my inner eyes open.
Quote Explanation: Serbian actor Milos Bikovic compared his attitude towards Russia to a happy marriage.
№ 465309   Added MegaMozg 01-04-2024 / 00:51
In general, I write a lot about myself, but I print out of captivity and solely for money; I want to appear in front of an audience that doesn’t understand you, to have four fools scold you for six months in their magazines, and I just can’t swear. There was a time when literature was a noble, aristocratic field. Nowadays it's a lousy market.
Quote Explanation: A. S. Pushkin, from a letter to Mikhail Pogodin. 1834
№ 463682   Added Viker 14-03-2024 / 15:24
Thanks to the high school, some bonds remained here again: more or less all Russian speakers vaguely know that the War
Quote Explanation: “Soviet pop song - here’s your bond”
№ 459714   Added Viker 07-12-2023 / 18:29
The main thing that made up the main idea of Russian literature is that neither peace nor peace of mind is the goal of a person in life. Vice versa. The goal of man is to constantly test himself. Test yourself. Putting yourself in unbearable conditions.
Quote Explanation: "The Life of Archpriest Avvakum" and Old Russian Literature.
№ 442045   Added MegaMozg 10-07-2022 / 22:12
No literature is so full of resentment as young Russian literature. The books of Dostoevsky, Gogol, Tolstoy are simply teeming with heroes charged with resentment. This state of affairs is a consequence of centuries of oppression of the people by the autocracy and the impossibility, due to the absence of a parliament and freedom of the press, to give vent to the feelings that arise under the pressure of authority.
№ 440598   Added MegaMozg 09-06-2022 / 10:06