obedience [Theme]

... in a totalitarian system, only a few heroes and martyrs are able to refuse obedience.
№ 465006   Added MegaMozg 21-03-2024 / 15:15
Obey the royal laws, but consider the royal will to be the strongest law.
№ 464431   Added Viker 19-03-2024 / 11:24
His soul merges with the soul of these soldiers, walking like one being - a proud symbol of joy born of obedience!
№ 454711   Added MegaMozg 04-07-2023 / 13:48
He who commands must sometimes obey, and he who obeys with dignity deserves to command in the future.
№ 454274   Added Viker 20-06-2023 / 09:07
Sextus sent a messenger to Tarquinius for advice on how to completely subdue the Gabians and achieve unquestioning obedience from them. The king, not believing in the fidelity of the messenger, did not answer him. Instead of answering, he led him into his secret garden and before his eyes and in his presence he cut off the heads of the tallest poppies with his sword. The messenger returned without any answer, but as soon as he told Sextus what Tarquin had done under him, Sextus easily guessed from this sign alone that his father advised him to cut off the heads of the city governors and thereby finally enslave all the rest and bring them into complete obedience.
№ 438954   Added Viker 25-05-2022 / 19:17
Discipline, order, unconditional obedience are the essential motto of a true sailor. The ship, with all the diversity of its parts, is one whole, this huge body requires unity of management for harmony and unity in its actions.
№ 425052   Added MegaMozg 07-08-2021 / 03:39
With the help of traditional morality, encouraging the herd instinct, the mass oppresses the Personality, encroaches on its freedom. Obedience turns out to be the highest virtue, disobedience is evil.
№ 420949   Added MegaMozg 17-06-2021 / 23:12
The best politeness is obedience.
№ 412992   Added MegaMozg 04-02-2021 / 10:09
Power ceases to exist not when it is not obeyed more or less fully, but when it ceases to give orders.
... one could give a good description of the supposedly democratic societies in which we live, with a simple statement: within these societies, the ontology of command has taken the place of an ontology of affirmation, not in the clear form of an imperative, but in a more insidious form of advice, invitation, notification, which are given in the name of security, so that obedience to an order takes the form of cooperation, and often in the form of command to oneself.
Quote Explanation: The most famous are the ethical and political works of the 1990s and 2000s, in which Agamben describes the political space of modernity in dark and even apocalyptic tones. Agamben's radical criticism of Western self-righteousness became relevant after the West's policy in the 21st century - its response to the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.
№ 411467   Added MegaMozg 14-01-2021 / 12:21
- Why did you fall? Why did you want to become a person?
- You don't understand?
- Nope! We are a bunch of wretched assholes: we eat, defecate, rush, coward!
- Not only. There is loyalty, mercy, love...
- Pain!
- Chocolate cake.
- Guilt!
- Sex.
- I have nothing to cover here.
- No, you're right, Dean... So many feelings, not too noble... You know, I would give everything not to go back there, that's it!
- What are they worth, these feelings?
- I don't want to be an angel.
- What are you saying?! You are strong, perfect, you never doubt yourself, god forbid, nothing!
- Perfection... like marble statues, cold, no choice, only obedience! Dean, do you know how many angels have been honored to see God? How many are there?
- Everything?
- There are four of them! And I'm not one of them.
- Total? Then how do you know He is?
- We take it for granted, and if we don't, we get killed. I have been on Earth for two thousand years, just watching silently, invisibly, in wanderings... I missed home, waiting for an order from an unknown father to at least understand something.
Quote Explanation: Based on the storyline, Anna Milton is a fallen angel who left heaven
№ 411193   Added MegaMozg 10-01-2021 / 21:48
Easy her coughing was enough to ensure obedience, but a single look meant order.
№ 369666   Added MegaMozg 12-05-2019 / 14:02
Those who consider themselves omniscient, indecisive in the moment when you need authoritative, and obstinate, when it is necessary to obey. To give orders to shame them, to their shame.
№ 319204   Added MegaMozg 11-03-2018 / 03:02
Obedience without temptation is meaningless.
Obedience without temptation is meaningless.
№ 318251   Added MegaMozg 01-03-2018 / 14:30
Don't tell someone who's not listening.
№ 310644   Added MegaMozg 09-12-2017 / 22:09