customs [Theme]

- The people of the jungle have banished them from their memory and do not take their meat into their mouths. There are a lot of monkeys; they are angry, dirty, have no shame, and if they have any specific desire, it is precisely the desire to be noticed in the jungle. But we don't pay attention to them, even when they throw dirt and nuts on our heads.
№ 466226   Added MegaMozg 26-04-2024 / 15:27
- Barbaric customs: keys are handed out, but there are no locks.
- Barbaric customs: keys are handed out, but there are no...
№ 460251   Added Viker 18-12-2023 / 10:56
Chinese thinkers successfully developed a moral
№ 451745   Added Viker 14-03-2023 / 10:08
In Peru, guinea pigs are not pets. This is a delicacy, they are fried for the holiday. When the missionaries commissioned a local artist to paint a picture of the Last Supper, one can only wonder if they were surprised to see that Jesus was there. In addition to the bread and wine, there was a roasted guinea pig on a platter in front of him.
№ 448137   Added Viker 02-01-2023 / 12:22
Grammar does not prescribe laws to the language, but explains and affirms its customs.
№ 447234   Added MegaMozg 03-12-2022 / 06:33
We want to convey to the children that the church is necessary and is the source and center of life, because Christ is necessary for us and is the source and center of our life. Connecting our homes to the Church is how we respond to boredom in the church. The church is very boring if we do not participate in what happens in it. If we do not understand the liturgy, the psalms, the readings, the images and sounds of the church, it is difficult to be attentive. The closer children get to know what they see, hear and smell in church, the more willingly they participate in its life. We help them become involved in the liturgical life of the Church by bringing the customs of the Church into our homes.
№ 442979   Added Viker 06-08-2022 / 21:52
It is customary for us to store everything of value in the most conspicuous place in order to delight the eyes of the guest.
№ 432873   Added MegaMozg 10-12-2021 / 21:21
Sometimes old customs are better.
№ 431172   Added Viker 25-10-2021 / 09:19
You are terribly unaware of our affairs here, just dizzy when you listen to you, when you mentally compare your words and your statements with the true state of affairs. You can't correct your understanding right away, or maybe you won't do anything at all, but it will be better in many ways if you trust me a little and know that you don't know anything.
№ 430561   Added MegaMozg 11-10-2021 / 13:54
I don’t deny, maybe sometimes you can achieve something, despite all the laws, all the old customs, I myself have never seen this in my life.
№ 430560   Added MegaMozg 11-10-2021 / 13:48
Of course, I acknowledge a lot of merit for my famous ancestor, but I confess that I would be insincere if I echoed your enthusiasm. This is an ancestor whom I love less than others for his passion for Western culture and trampling on all purely Russian customs. You cannot plant someone else's immediately, without processing. Perhaps this time, as a transitional period, was necessary, but I do not like it.
Quote Explanation: Russia.
№ 415758   Added MegaMozg 24-03-2021 / 18:12
A man is not involved in women's affairs. Without a hostess, a hungry husband will sit tight, but he will not touch the stove damper, he will not lift her work in the cellar, he will not stick into the bread chest. This is the custom. It is not for nothing that it is said that without a hostess, the owner does not have a bucket or a piece. The hostess is held in high esteem.
№ 415050   Added MegaMozg 15-03-2021 / 13:57
Of all that people take from Mother Earth, the most honest and most expensive is bread. It is not expensive at a price: where there is a smell of bread spirit, there is a home, there is a home. A hunter who has wandered into the Black Forest dreams of nothing more than bread. According to Russian custom, the guest is not offered gold, not semi-precious stones, not silver and fur furs, but bread. Salt is brought with bread, because it is from the Sun. Bread and salt is human labor, warmed and generated by the good Sun-god.
№ 415040   Added MegaMozg 14-03-2021 / 23:12
When you come to the country, try to observe its laws and customs in order to avoid misunderstandings. (From an old guidebook).
Quote Explanation: Epigraph to the poem "Mister Twister"
№ 414105   Added MegaMozg 25-02-2021 / 07:18