The twentieth century [Theme]

The history of mankind is the history of eternal migrations and emigrations. And the twentieth century is a real champion in this.
№ 442081   Added MegaMozg 11-07-2022 / 20:27
What happens to the people who destroy their cemeteries? What happened to us.
№ 438133   Added MegaMozg 29-04-2022 / 15:09
I went to the BBC and Guardian websites. I read a couple of articles about the discord in US-China relations. Commentators unanimously predicted an imminent apocalypse. That's when the thought of being four hundred and thirty-nine is a consolation. You begin to understand what the main lesson of history is: people are not able to learn from history. The twenty-first century has every chance of turning into a crappy version of the twentieth, but what can you do? The minds of people all over the world are filled to capacity with the most controversial utopias. And this is the right path to trouble, alas, too familiar to me. Empathy for others is becoming increasingly rare, but this is not new. Peaceful life is as fragile as a porcelain trinket, and it has always been that way.
№ 432904   Added MegaMozg 11-12-2021 / 06:30
You could explain to her that, unfortunately, I always had enough reasons to cry. The idea that one can cry for no reason - simply from world grief or from heartbreak - could have arisen only in another, happier century.
№ 427132   Added MegaMozg 04-09-2021 / 21:30
Things are going badly, especially churches: churches are becoming more empty, and people are becoming more and more unscrupulous.
Quote Explanation: 1908
№ 416325   Added MegaMozg 04-04-2021 / 14:00
If the Russian Tsar Nicholas II aspired to the earthly kingdom, the kingdom of petty personal calculations, selfishness, he would still sit on the throne in Petrograd. But he chose the Kingdom of Heaven, the kingdom of sacrifice in the name of the Lord, the kingdom of evangelical spirituality, for which he laid down his head, for which the heads of his child and millions of subjects were laid down.
№ 416298   Added MegaMozg 04-04-2021 / 12:39
Tips shouted that government can control any cook, with Stalin chopped off the heads of anyone who dared even breathe on it again and forged iron. Hitler screamed - one people, one leader, and a blanket of power went hand so that crackling was on the whole Reich. However, only Hitler and Stalin were the titans, all the other politicians rode them in the legs a bunch of pygmies, not yet decided, whether to stay in one pygmy flock, whether to choose titanium.
Only the titans have fallen, gentlemen.
Fate of the titans - rise and fall.
Survive the pygmies.
№ 400122   Added MegaMozg 09-07-2020 / 03:57
It sold nineteen million copies "of a Dying Earth-2".
- Well, - summed up the Tirena. Audience formed.
- But the first "Dying Earth" sold trimillennium edition!
- "The way of the pilgrim", - she said. - "Mein Kampf". It happens once in a century. And even less often.
- But three billion...
'Listen,' said tyrena. - In the twentieth century on Old Earth was a network of snack bars. In them the meat of dead cows fried in rendered fat, adding a little bit of carcinogens, then wrapped in plastic synthesized from petroleum, and sold nine hundred billion servings a year. And the people ate. So.
№ 386069   Added MegaMozg 13-01-2020 / 14:58
[about the films produced in the twentieth century]
One can watch them forever and find every time something new.
№ 379809   Added MegaMozg 04-10-2019 / 01:28
...if you think about, that the twentieth century was more or less tolerable only due to the fact that it was created in the garages of California: and Apple computers, and tablet Boogie Board and gangsta rap.
№ 371944   Added Viker 10-06-2019 / 13:30
That burned like satellites
the blood of our tasting,
age of brilliant criminals
and brilliant poets.
Quote Explanation: One thousand nine hundred ninety nine
№ 315978   Added MegaMozg 03-02-2018 / 15:34
I once broke the drain, I thought I would go crazy. Well, for so many years that the Soviet power has accustomed us to live in shit... And then would not even know how to cope.
№ 313451   Added MegaMozg 07-01-2018 / 18:02
It's the middle of the twentieth century, and will not go away from mass production. But this does not mean that humanity is bound to become less attractive. Using the standard products, it can achieve even a certain artistic unity.
№ 287750   Added MegaMozg 21-05-2017 / 16:18
Roars in turbines the power of epic rivers;
Rocket, quanta, electromachine...
All around me hums the twentieth century,
In my chest is pounding his beat.
And if you need me then
Someone suddenly for a moment or forever,
I look for not in any other,
And let difficult, even in powder,
But in my twentieth century.
After all, he is my age, and radio has opened,
In the space soared faster hurricanes