the second world war [Theme]

Faith in tomorrow, hope for the world...
№ 450049   Added Viker 08-02-2023 / 11:07
A low bow to the ground, for the Native, for Ours!
№ 450048   Added Viker 08-02-2023 / 11:07
No one then imagined that the vanquished would live better than the victors...
№ 446297   Added MegaMozg 09-11-2022 / 17:30
Germans are not a nation of revolutionaries. They were a nation of executors. The order replaced their conscience. This has become their favorite excuse. Whoever acted under the order, in their opinion, did not bear any responsibility.
№ 429319   Added Viker 29-09-2021 / 17:50
This phantom war with invisible wounded and invisible dead, silent bombs exploding and silent cemeteries is coming to an end. What will be left of all this? Shadows, shadows - and we are just shadows too.
№ 429285   Added Viker 29-09-2021 / 17:45
Thirty years from now, when you’re sitting by the fireplace with your grandson on his knee and he asks what you did during the great Second World War, you don’t have to say, "Well, I shoveled shit in Louisiana." It's okay now, you sons of bitches, you know how I feel. I will be proud to lead such great guys into battle anywhere and anytime. It's all.
Quote Explanation: From an address to the soldiers before the start of Operation Overlord
№ 429265   Added Viker 29-09-2021 / 17:42
In the States, everything was not the same as in Europe, where the missing third dimension was replaced by the struggle against bureaucracy, against the authorities and gendarmes, the struggle for temporary visas, for work, the struggle against customs officers and police - in short, the struggle to survive! And here we were met by silence, dead calm! Only screaming newspaper headlines and radio bulletins reminded of the war raging far overseas; America knew only war on the air: not a single enemy plane plowed the American skies, not a single bomb fell on American soil, not a single machine gun fired at American cities.
№ 428745   Added MegaMozg 29-09-2021 / 14:24
The work is based on documents and memoirs of persons who survived Hitler's tyranny. It lists thousands of names of victims of the Nazi massacre of participants in the anti-fascist struggle, who were still considered missing. The book is illustrated with materials published for the first time in our literature.
Quote Explanation: Died: August 15, 2002 (89 years old), Moscow, Russia
№ 428535   Added Viker 29-09-2021 / 12:42
wolves became not only a literary monument to the victims of the Buchenwald death camp, but also a weapon against the revival of fascism.
Quote Explanation: The novel was released in 1958, was staged for radio, television and film, and translated into all European languages.
№ 428356   Added Viker 29-09-2021 / 12:15
This second edition is supplemented by a detailed supplement by P. Polyan, in which the phenomenon of "Sonderkommando" is investigated, the facts of the historical tragedy in Auschwitz-Birkenau are analyzed, and the history of the discovery and publication of written testimonies of members of the "Sonderkommando" is described.
Quote Explanation: The book is addressed to a wide range of readers.
№ 428048   Added Viker 27-09-2021 / 14:48
This book is not just a memoir of a Holocaust survivor, it is an unforgettable chronicle of heroism and resilience, mercy and healing. It shows that we can always choose what life teaches us and how to relate to what is happening.
Quote Explanation: Featuring Esme Schwall-Weigand
№ 427957   Added Viker 27-09-2021 / 14:34
Similar discoveries apply to 1945. - in terms of the technical equipment of the defense, which is fully confirmed by newsreels (entire airfields of unbroken aircraft, etc.) and the silence of this by our propaganda. That does not in the least detract from the feat of our Army and people.
Quote Explanation: Similar discoveries apply to 1945. - in terms of the technical equipment of the defense, which is fully confirmed by newsreels (entire airfields of unbroken aircraft, etc.) and the silence of this by our propaganda. That does not in the least detract from the feat of our Army and people.
№ 427722   Added Viker 27-09-2021 / 13:32
The word "war" just didn't sound here [in America]. This country was separated from its wars by the ocean and half the globe. Its borders were nowhere in contact with the borders of enemy states. This country was not bombed. And they did not fire.
№ 427137   Added MegaMozg 04-09-2021 / 21:45
- I know there's a war going on. And at such a time, it's funny to cry because of trivia. But I roar and that's it. Despite the fact that somewhere far from us dozens of battles are played.
- I understand that. War has nothing to do with it. Let hundreds of thousands of people be killed somewhere... If you cut your finger, the pain will not subside.
№ 427133   Added MegaMozg 04-09-2021 / 21:33
- Do you want to become an American?
- I wanted to become Austrian, then Czech. But the Germans, alas, captured both of these countries. Then I decided to become French - the result is the same. I wish I knew if the Germans were occupying America as well.
№ 427129   Added MegaMozg 04-09-2021 / 21:21