optimism [Theme] Page 2

You just have to live. See how easy it is? I've followed this rule since I was born. And then every day can be considered a gift of fate. I prefer to remain optimistic, even if the situation is the most nasty.
№ 420359   Added MegaMozg 07-06-2021 / 22:51
Bill Ye, do you believe in ghosts?
- Nope. However, I would like to see them.
Quote Explanation: Saying this phrase, Bill Nye meant that despite the fact that he is a skeptic and does not believe in the supernatural, as a scientist, he is always open to new things: new ideas, new knowledge and discoveries. Even the most incredible.
№ 419792   Added MegaMozg 27-05-2021 / 13:27
Optimism is a professional source of danger for the programmer: customer feedback can smooth it out.
Quote Explanation: Kent Beck is a software developer, creator of such software development methodologies as Extreme Programming (XP) and Test Driven Development (TDD).
№ 418970   Added MegaMozg 12-05-2021 / 22:27
Muggle scientists have found that people are always overly optimistic: they say that some process will take two days, but in fact it takes ten, or they say - two months, and it takes more than thirty-five years. Or, for example, a survey of students was conducted, by what date they are 50%, 75% and 99% sure that they will complete their homework. And only 13%, 19% and 45% of them complete it by the specified time. Scientists have discovered the cause. The subjects were asked to describe the ideal and typical scenarios. And the resulting descriptions were almost identical. If you ask a person to plan something for the future, then he usually, imagining the most likely course of events, forgets about the possibility of mistakes or surprises. Most of the subjects did not finish the work by the deadline of which they were 99% sure, so that the actual results were worse than even the worst-case scenario. This phenomenon is called a "planning error," and the best way to avoid it is to consider how long it took to do any work in the past. That is, to look at the process from the outside. If you're taking on something for the first time and there's a possibility of failure, you have to be very, very, very pessimistic. So pessimistic that the results accurately exceed expectations. I, for one, work hard to present a grim picture of one of my classmates being bitten by a monster, but it could actually happen that the surviving Death Eaters attack the school to grab me. It's good that...
"Enough is enough," McGonagall interrupted.
Harry fell silent. He was just going to add that they at least knew that the Dark Lord wouldn't attack because he was dead.
№ 415263   Added MegaMozg 19-03-2021 / 14:57
There are few days in my life that belonged to me personally, even hours that I could devote to my wife and child. But I was also given a lot of benefits. The good thing was that I had the opportunity to work in the service of mercy; that my work was successful; that I received affection and kindness from others in abundance; that I had faithful helpers who inextricably linked themselves to my activities; that I rejoiced in the health that allowed me to undertake the most grueling work; that I had a balanced character and an energy that was calm and circumspent; finally, that I knew how to appreciate all the happiness that fell to my lot, taking it at the same time as a blessing that leaves me a debtor.
№ 414525   Added MegaMozg 05-03-2021 / 13:57
With nowhere to fall
Quote Explanation: From Robert Burns
№ 414439   Added Viker 05-03-2021 / 10:03
Joy also comes.
№ 414438   Added MegaMozg 05-03-2021 / 10:03
Joy also comes.
№ 414437   Added Viker 05-03-2021 / 10:03
Trouble, need is always stolen
My earnings are scarce.
My mistake is to the fore.
Or my temper reckless?
And yet to his heart
I will not allow it all the time.
Fall from temporary adversity
Into melancholy and melancholy!
№ 414261   Added MegaMozg 28-02-2021 / 01:48
A pessimist is a pile of ashes from a former optimist.
№ 414123   Added MegaMozg 25-02-2021 / 11:21
He had the lucky gift of not taking personal failures too seriously.
№ 410968   Added MegaMozg 08-01-2021 / 23:45
Life is, consider it, striped ... so look for light spots in the darkest strip. There is no such thing that at least a couple of specks are not caught.
№ 410052   Added MegaMozg 23-12-2020 / 18:27
Optimism should be spent moderately so that it is enough until the end of the year.
№ 410044   Added MegaMozg 23-12-2020 / 18:03
In the darkest moments of our lives, you should try to see the light.
№ 409064   Added MegaMozg 12-12-2020 / 04:12
Humanism is a secular, worldly, general civil worldview developed by man and going from person to person, expressing the idea of the absolute dignity of the individual, its outwardly relative, but steadily progressing towards absolute independence, self-sufficiency and equality in the face of society and the world known and unknown in it. Humanism is a modern form of realistic psychology and human life orientation, which includes rationality, criticality, skepticism, empathy, stoicism, tolerance, restraint, discretion, optimism, love of life, freedom, courage, hope, fantasy, and productive imagination. The humanistic worldview includes the requirement to recognize the presence or possibility of the inhuman in a person, not to ignore, but to strive to limit the power and sphere of influence of the dark side of human nature as much as possible. Moreover, humanism is full of conviction in the ability of people to more and more successfully and reliably curb their negative qualities in the course of human self-improvement and the progressive development of world civilization.
№ 408874   Added MegaMozg 10-12-2020 / 17:36