confession [Theme] Page 1

page of an important message?
№ 435340   Added Viker 02-02-2022 / 13:18
Even confession has to be paid.
№ 434248   Added MegaMozg 16-01-2022 / 03:57
So, the word "Lord", as a baptismal symbol, entered the life of a Christian from the very beginning. This word is as much a source of theology as the word "Christ." And if the first source of theology is baptism, then the confession of the Lord is also great theology.
№ 433936   Added MegaMozg 06-01-2022 / 18:39
During the sermon, parishioners catch every word coming from the confessional.
№ 433898   Added MegaMozg 05-01-2022 / 05:45
Chopin's music - secret confession with God!
№ 432115   Added MegaMozg 20-11-2021 / 17:12
True philosophy is a secret confession before your own mind!
№ 432114   Added MegaMozg 20-11-2021 / 16:51
understood!
Release Date: 20.09.2021
№ 429651   Added Viker 29-09-2021 / 18:42
Yes, at twenty and sixty they write different confessions.
№ 428577   Added Viker 29-09-2021 / 12:49
Confession in divine silence - special makes sense!
№ 414790   Added MegaMozg 09-03-2021 / 21:06
At the Last Judgment, in the light of the Truth, everything that we did not notice or did not want to notice in ourselves will manifest itself. As a friend of mine once said to me in confession: "I suddenly realized that there would be a Last Judgment and at it I would be shown a man whom I had never known before. It's going to be me..."
№ 410058   Added MegaMozg 23-12-2020 / 18:45
Trouble, comrades, we have a sense of ourselves. Maybe not everyone, but many. And in the Church especially. Here, recently advised at a lecture to girls to write out on a sheet of all their positive qualities and then look at it all. Then he writes one to Direct: "Father Andronicus, I can't. I've been taught that you can't think well of yourself." That's it. Curtain.
I stand in confession and understand that such a problem, if not all, then through one. Because they read smart books with an immature consciousness and listened to the "right" advice. And then come those to confession, who directly say "I'm bad/bad", and who it just lips between the words. Recently, in very difficult cases, I have to conduct a little dialogue with people in confession. And since the format of confession implies that you have no more than a minute or two for psychotherapy, you have to develop clear and effective formulations.
So, when the "bad" ones come to me, I usually have the next conversation with them. The reaction is usually typical, but for convenience I will tell you an example. A familiar girl in her twenties came to me recently for confession:
- Father, I'm bad (Christian, wife, daughter, man - need to be inserted)
I answer:
- Look, if there are two opinions on any issue, yours and the Lord God, then what opinion should we choose?
"Lord God," he says.
- That's nice. Tell me, does God have bad ones?
- Nope.
- So what are you?
Pause... Then slowly:
- Not bad...
- Not bad, but..?
*inexplibly mooing*
- Speak up...
She looks up and says,
- Good? - and roars. Satisfied so stands, joyful, and roars.
Because they stuck a man. Because she was ashamed of herself to say she was good.
And then you need to explain to a person that we are all good for God, but at times assholes. That is, we have problems, there are sins and mistakes, yes. But the Lord looks at us as beloved children. Stupid, with a jerk, but loved. And after such a realization that I am good for God, but I have problems, it is already possible to talk about some adequate spiritual life.
If you have just read this text, and you think that now "everything is clear", please do a favor. Sit in an empty room in the presence of God, and say out loud, "I am good. But jerk. Lord, have mercy on me, a sinner." And you will understand that in such a mood you want to repent, and pray, and live.
Good luck to all. And remember, you're good!
№ 403038   Added MegaMozg 28-08-2020 / 01:00
I came here for confession and for stained glass. They are a riot of colour in this grey world.
№ 387284   Added MegaMozg 16-02-2020 / 04:43
Take the time finally to call one or the other of a priest a spiritual father. Get accustomed to different priests, talk to them, they vpovilaitis before communion. May be a long time before You get to the priest and ask him to be Your Confessor. "Not to be mistaken, must not rush," said St. Ambrose of Optina. And so hurry up in case the election of the spiritual leader does not follow. You need to be experience convinced that this priest You trust your spiritual life and, in many ways, the work of your salvation.
Do not choose a Confessor on addiction: in his rhetoric, the abundance of spiritual children, fame, especially appearance. Elect, the Holy fathers advise, humble, prayerful, not condemning anyone that has the fear of God. Pray for the Lord has sent You to this priest. And how and when to meet him, decide later, it happens by itself.
№ 386829   Added MegaMozg 31-01-2020 / 22:28
Take the time finally to call one or the other of a priest a spiritual father. Get accustomed to different priests, talk to them, they vpovilaitis before communion. May be a long time before You get to the priest and ask him to be Your Confessor. "Not to be mistaken, must not rush," said St. Ambrose of Optina. And so hurry up in case the election of the spiritual leader does not follow. You need to be experience convinced that this priest You trust your spiritual life and, in many ways, the work of your salvation.
Do not choose a Confessor on addiction: in his rhetoric, the abundance of spiritual children, fame, especially appearance. Elect, the Holy fathers advise, humble, prayerful, not condemning anyone that has the fear of God. Pray for the Lord has sent You to this priest. And how and when to meet him, decide later, it happens by itself.
№ 386828   Added MegaMozg 31-01-2020 / 22:28
But you know, deep down, we're not bad people. Please guide us to the straight path. Help me, o Lord, for I will not succeed alone. Amen!
Oh, you scared me, father. You're right, sorry. I come as can.
- The Church is the place where you have nothing to fear. I was not the first time I see you at this time of day. You pray alone. Do not go to mass. I was expecting a parishioner, but he didn't. You don't want to confess instead?
- I?! I confess I haven't confessed. I know, the main condition of confession confidentiality. What I say will remain a mystery?
- Then for that should ask for forgiveness. Believe me. we are limited not only by the condition of confidentiality, the secret of the confessional box. Don't be afraid.
<....>
More you can't. Your confession is haunting me. How can you have such a hellish life?
You're invited to confess?
- Your family is the embodiment of evil! You have a lifetime contract with the Devil himself. Leave this Holy place. For God's sake...

Explanation of the quote:

Maggie prayed and the priest asked her to confess, knowing that she's a mafia wife and on hearing all that her family worked , drove her from the Church.
Maggie and pastor
Quote Explanation: Maggie and the pastor
№ 385058   Added MegaMozg 25-12-2019 / 16:56