Christianity [Theme] Page 1

At the Last Judgment, in the light of the Truth, everything that we did not notice or did not want to notice in ourselves will manifest itself. As a friend of mine once said to me in confession: "I suddenly realized that there would be a Last Judgment and at it I would be shown a man whom I had never known before. It's going to be me..."
№ 410058   Added MegaMozg 23-12-2020 / 18:45
Those who have chosen the path of Christianity should expect nothing but the Cross.
№ 409248   Added MegaMozg 13-12-2020 / 21:21
The greatest occupation on earth is praying to God.
№ 407472   Added MegaMozg 26-11-2020 / 13:27
By and large, each of us would have to understand for himself that life will still have to live with a suffering heart, and consolation - holistic, complete, pure - awaits a person, but - in the life of the next century. We kind of understand that... and we don't understand at the same time.
№ 407119   Added MegaMozg 19-11-2020 / 00:48
To condemn a priest is to pour coals on your head.
№ 406936   Added MegaMozg 16-11-2020 / 16:36
Before embarking on exploits, small or large, a person must get to know himself. Each person is unique.
№ 406601   Added MegaMozg 08-11-2020 / 17:15
The Church is revealed to man as a real life. Not as an addition to ordinary life, but as real life. Simply sewing it (in the form of celebrating Easter and Christmas, for example) with thick white threads to your shameful, ugly life will not work. The church is reality.
№ 406196   Added MegaMozg 01-11-2020 / 08:15
We enter the Church by the doors of repentance. This is a general law and there are no exceptions.
№ 406080   Added MegaMozg 29-10-2020 / 23:54
The Templars were a holy host. People of faith and sword, pilgrims and soldiers, beggars and bankers. The scarlet cross on their clothes symbolized the blood of Christ shed for the salvation of all mankind, and the willingness of the Templars themselves to shed their blood for the sake of serving the Lord.
№ 405152   Added MegaMozg 09-10-2020 / 13:36
The best sermon of a priest is his life in plain sight.
№ 404231   Added MegaMozg 21-09-2020 / 19:39
When a person finds Christ, he finds himself, the real one. The real "I" peeks out from under the cortex, which is wrapped in a person. Finding yourself is a good thing: to reveal your hidden talents, your vocations and opportunities, to grow your personality.
In general, the theory of personal growth is a stolen idea from Christianity. Christianity is, in fact, the path of personal growth. Only not of isolated growth, but of growth in the community, in the Church, in union, in Eucharistic closeness with other people, in a prayerful bundle with God.
Personal growth in the understanding of modern psychology is holiness without God. An attempt to reveal your talents and talents, to achieve success and significance, to acquire some bright skills, in a word, to enter a state where you yourself are a little god. At least, there is a danger of reaching such a state: yes, I love myself like this, I like what is happening to me, I have blossomed in general, I am now doing something so powerful, everything around me is spinning, everything is moving - I succeed, I can! This is "be like gods" - what the devil offered to man in paradise. Eat - and be like gods.
But Christ also spoke, and in the psalms it is written: "I said: You are gods." What's the difference? That there was deception; do as I say, and be like gods. And the Lord here says real things: "You are gods," you are created in the image and likeness of God. You have the possibility of self-realization, in which you will go higher and higher, grow in the fullness laid down in you by God. And there is no need to quarrel with Him, on the contrary, in God you will find a source of strength and movement.
And the wrong option is when you will develop your talents and abilities and more and more narcissistic and Satan from the secret pride that you are good, you do so much, you are the best. For all the external similarities, these are diametrically opposed practices.
№ 404208   Added MegaMozg 20-09-2020 / 19:57
We may have been given a great potential of scientific thought to show that all the riches accumulated by mankind do not come from God, but prove the eternal truth of the Gospel. Therefore, a modern Christian must be, if not fundamentally, classically and organically educated from all sides, then at least he must not shy away from science and culture, must understand that this is important.
№ 404190   Added MegaMozg 20-09-2020 / 19:03
The liturgy is the center of our faith: all the cultural wealth, everything we have in the Church, is connected with the liturgy. Churches are beautiful, but they are needed in order to serve the liturgy. The bell ringing is melodic, but it only calls for the liturgy. The Holy Scripture is valuable in itself, but it is read at the liturgy and, torn from it, begins to be understood differently ...
№ 404112   Added MegaMozg 18-09-2020 / 15:54
Repentance is the renewal of the baptismal vows. Tears become Epiphany water in the sacrament of Confession.
№ 404070   Added MegaMozg 17-09-2020 / 04:39
To find Christ in any temple, you must first find yourself in some temple.
№ 404069   Added MegaMozg 17-09-2020 / 04:36