culture [Theme] Page 4

All our experience demonstrates that the treasury of culture is difficult to fill, it can be squandered quickly and easily.
№ 426498   Added MegaMozg 26-08-2021 / 13:30
What does the future value in the past - faith, loyalty, holiness? No, the spirit of doubt is the main driving force of culture.
№ 426448   Added MegaMozg 24-08-2021 / 10:51
The treasury of world culture consists of the works of dissidents who think wider than their time and their specific tasks.
№ 426421   Added MegaMozg 23-08-2021 / 11:33
I'm wasted
Don't leave‚ I just need a wake-up call
I'm facing the greatest
The greatest loss of them all
The culture is lit and I had a ball
I guess that I'm burned out after all.

Я вся измучилась,
Не уходи, мне просто нужен звоночек.
Я переживаю величайшую,
Величайшую потерю в своей жизни.
Культура на подъёме, и я славно повеселилась.
Кажется, я всё-таки выгорела.
№ 426361   Added MegaMozg 21-08-2021 / 11:54
Consciousness determines being no less than being determines consciousness. A strong economy is impossible without a high culture, because only a cave society can be built with a cave consciousness. One of the most important reasons for the current crisis is the perennial weeding of fruit-bearing crops and the triumph of the weed.
Quote Explanation: Annotation to book.
№ 426319   Added MegaMozg 21-08-2021 / 05:12
I foresee that after tens of thousands of years, when the culture of people will be very high and when the population of the Earth will reach a critical limit, the question will arise, what to saturate all living on the planet. And then people will reasonably refuse to use the nutrients accumulated in the organisms of living beings. And instead of extracting these substances by murder, they will obtain them by synthesis in apparatus, where all the necessary chemical compounds will be obtained from the starting materials, regardless of the vagaries of nature. However, for this, people will have not only to defeat natural processes, to subordinate them to themselves, but also to overcome their own routine aversion to artificial food.
№ 425333   Added Viker 20-08-2021 / 09:46
A cultured man... This is someone who is able to be compassionate. It's a bitter, excruciating talent.
№ 424207   Added MegaMozg 26-07-2021 / 15:57
In general, he was a very attentive, gallant man, and mainly thanks to his wife. A great lover of classic Russian literary works, deeply absorbing the graceful romance of the relationship between a man and a woman among the ruling class in nineteenth-century Russia, it was Christina who instilled in her husband the lion's share of manners. Attaching great importance to the helpful signs of attention to the ladies from the side of the stronger sex, she was able to quickly and clearly convey to her husband that by showing them, he elevates not only her, but himself. Open the car door, pick up the bag, take off the fur coat, move the chair - soon my husband performed all these tricks easily and naturally, enjoying the feeling of his own irresistibility with might and main.
№ 424184   Added MegaMozg 26-07-2021 / 08:15
The Russian woman is unique. It is unique, because, belonging to the nature of its personality to European culture, it allows a man to be a savage with her ... And not to notice it.
№ 424173   Added MegaMozg 25-07-2021 / 22:42
To understand the level of the general culture of the nation, you need to see what idols it has.
№ 422211   Added MegaMozg 06-07-2021 / 07:21
lie, people are born different and the relationship between them is built on the basis of domination and submission. Without this, the state, culture, social life are impossible. It is not a matter of the relationship between the master and the slave, but the need for a potential difference that determines the magnitude of the flow of life.
№ 421197   Added MegaMozg 21-06-2021 / 15:24
Cruelty is incompatible with the high stage of culture and human perfection.
№ 420913   Added MegaMozg 17-06-2021 / 03:30
Do military victories provide grounds for cultural humiliation of another nation?
№ 420910   Added MegaMozg 17-06-2021 / 03:21
The book by British journalist and documentary filmmaker Frances Stonor Saunders presents for the first time shocking evidence of the CIA's manipulation of cultural policy during the Cold War. On the basis of meticulously collected archival information, the author describes the activities of the CIA in financing and coordinating left-wing intellectuals and cultural figures in Western Europe and the United States in order to alienate the intelligentsia from left-wing ideas, persuade them to fight against the USSR and instill sympathy for the "American way." The CIA-sponsored Congress for Cultural Freedom with offices in 35 countries was the main mechanism and platform for this work, which involved such famous writers and philosophers as Raymond Aron, André Malraux, Arthur Koestler, George Orwell and many others.
Quote Explanation: Institute for Foreign Policy Research and Initiatives
№ 420546   Added MegaMozg 10-06-2021 / 01:06
Culture is a history of influences, it can be written as a peculiar transmigration of souls.
№ 420492   Added MegaMozg 09-06-2021 / 15:33