culture [Theme] Page 5

The book by British journalist and documentary filmmaker Frances Stonor Saunders presents for the first time shocking evidence of the CIA's manipulation of cultural policy during the Cold War. On the basis of meticulously collected archival information, the author describes the activities of the CIA in financing and coordinating left-wing intellectuals and cultural figures in Western Europe and the United States in order to alienate the intelligentsia from left-wing ideas, persuade them to fight against the USSR and instill sympathy for the "American way." The CIA-sponsored Congress for Cultural Freedom with offices in 35 countries was the main mechanism and platform for this work, which involved such famous writers and philosophers as Raymond Aron, André Malraux, Arthur Koestler, George Orwell and many others.
Quote Explanation: Institute for Foreign Policy Research and Initiatives
№ 420546   Added MegaMozg 10-06-2021 / 01:06
Culture is a history of influences, it can be written as a peculiar transmigration of souls.
№ 420492   Added MegaMozg 09-06-2021 / 15:33
Elitism, all manifestations of elitism - from the highest (spiritual culture, art, knowledge) to the lowest (money, power) - tend to increase. Actually, progress is a deepening of the abyss between culture and the sum of lack of culture, between the privileged and the disadvantaged, the strong and the weak, those in power and those who desire power.
№ 420488   Added MegaMozg 09-06-2021 / 15:21
This is exactly what I get when I look at the ongoing preparations for this summit. And I want to say: where is the culture of communication? Has it ever occurred to you that if you want to say something to someone, then you need to use a form in which a conversation is possible?
Quote Explanation: Evening with Vladimir Solovyov from 06/07/2021
№ 420396   Added MegaMozg 08-06-2021 / 10:15
- K. G. Shakhnazarov, you are our hero today. Yesterday, you made a point that you regularly made on this show. And about the empire, and about the similarity of the current stage with what Russia was going through. (remark by Vl. Solovyov)
- I'm not alone, this studio has often talked about it. I admit that V. V. watches our program, but in principle, an intelligent and observant person, who is certainly President Putin, could come to such conclusions without our participation. Because it's obvious. I said this 14 years ago. Proceeding from the simple idea that the United States as an empire had in the USSR not only a rival, but also a support.
We are Marxists. But I rejected one of Lenin's basic thoughts about the complete rejection of the empire. I believe that empire is a form of public education. It includes different peoples, denominations, and even countries. More or less violence is present. Unfortunately, the whole history of the world takes place with violence.
- Empire is a form of existence of supra-ethnic formations (Vl. Solovyov's remark)
- Yes. And always the empire has its own internal logic, purpose. And empires do a lot of good. Culture, information, involvement of large layers of the world in civilizational processes.
. Returning to President Putin's statement. It was no accident that he made a thought about America just before meeting with Biden. Because there's a signal in that thought: Guys, think about where you're going. And if you don't, you're going to collapse.
We are an empire. And we keep that. We are not global like America, but a world empire. Russia has never claimed to be a global empire. Russia has always claimed the part called Eurasia. As a Eurasianist and Gumilevets, I believe that it is necessary to include the first empire - the horde, which created the first empire on the territory of our country. And the inner meaning of all empires is the development of a huge and very difficult space, which we got as our homeland. And the peoples understood that it was necessary to unite in order to survive.
Release Date: 06.06.2021
№ 420342   Added MegaMozg 07-06-2021 / 16:36
The culture created by brilliant loners is in no way connected with mass movements. National mercantilism, scientific rationalism and the state's desire to govern culture lead the latter not to prosperity, but to decline.
№ 419806   Added MegaMozg 27-05-2021 / 21:06
How many powerful powers have been forgotten by history, and rightly worthy of such oblivion. It is much less common to see historical greatness; it lies entirely in the creativity of great men. So, an unknown builder left mankind Notre Dame de Paris, Goethe gave us "Faust", Newton - the law of the solar system.
№ 419802   Added MegaMozg 27-05-2021 / 14:03
The Paris events strengthened Nietzsche in the opinion that culture cannot exist without an elite, hierarchy, and discipline. Beauty was created by the elect for the elite, the mass does not need and does not perceive it. The mob does not need beauty, the mob is content with the small pleasures of life.
Quote Explanation: fire in Louvre 1871 year
№ 419801   Added MegaMozg 27-05-2021 / 14:00
Our difficult task is to maintain philosophical calm amid all this bustle and vigilantly make sure that no one steals the heritage of culture in a thieves manner, since it is incomparable with anything, even with military heroism, even with a high national upsurge.
№ 419798   Added MegaMozg 27-05-2021 / 13:51
We must understand what we are dealing with. And, proving that we are different, we must build our cultural policy, which we do not have, education and upbringing. And for this they need to be designed. This cannot be solved by any changes in textbooks or by assigning psychologists to school. It is necessary to return to our ancestors in the 20s and say from the place: we must do what we consider necessary and necessary for ourselves, from how we understand the world, and how we understand our place in the world. Because culture, education and the way of social organization are the essence of our civilization.
Release Date: 12.05.2021
№ 418992   Added MegaMozg 13-05-2021 / 09:09
... culture is also a weapon, Chimbik explained. - You just need to be able to apply it.
№ 418176   Added MegaMozg 01-05-2021 / 17:21
Democracy is not Coca Cola, where the US produces the original syrup and the whole world tastes the same. If there is only one model and one culture on Earth, the world will lose its vitality and chance of survival.
Quote Explanation: During a videoconference with representatives of the Council on Foreign Relations of the USA (24.04.2021).
№ 417633   Added MegaMozg 26-04-2021 / 15:51
In some women, most of the nerve endings are concentrated in the clitoris, and there are not many in the vagina. Women of this type may enjoy long clitoral stimulation, but they do not get much pleasure directly from penetration. Another category of women, on the contrary, is distinguished by a high innervation of the vagina, and in order to experience an orgasm, only penetration is enough for them. In the third category of women, the nerve endings can be concentrated in the perineum or in the anus, and such women can not only love anal sex, but also reach during its orgasm, while women with a different type of location of nerve endings can not only fail excite, but also hurt them. In addition, some women have nerve endings closer to the surface so they have no problem reaching orgasm, while other women with deeper nerve endings, as well as their sexual partners, have to be patient and resourceful to reach climax. Culture and upbringing will certainly affect how you reach orgasm and whether it is easy or difficult, but that is not the main factor. Such reasoning causes millions of women to feel unnecessary guilt and shame, or, conversely, makes them feel like "perverts." <...> Whatever your sexual preferences, you ... should know that these preferences may be due to your physiology.
№ 416752   Added MegaMozg 13-04-2021 / 18:09
I discovered that I feel more alive than when I strain. When I'm in pain And I struggle to reach a lofty goal. And this struggle is the magic of life.
Quote Explanation: Dean Karnasis — marathon runner, former president of marketing
№ 416681   Added MegaMozg 13-04-2021 / 14:27
A strong state is a powerful army, a stable economy, quality education and spiritual culture.
№ 416165   Added MegaMozg 30-03-2021 / 22:12