vanity [Theme] Page 1

Career is a measure of vanity, and my vanity is metered by the need not to fall out of the cage of worthy people.
№ 434045   Added MegaMozg 10-01-2022 / 00:57
Be like water. Your mind should be as cold and pure as a mountain spring. Anger, fear, doubt, vanity, lies - all this is rubbish floating on the surface and preventing the truth from being seen. Get rid of it, and then you will be able to see your Path more clearly.
№ 432369   Added MegaMozg 30-11-2021 / 06:27
Vanity is a hungry animal and should be fed frequently.
№ 431703   Added MegaMozg 06-11-2021 / 04:00
Blessed be nature for quarrelsomeness, for enviously rival vanity, for an insatiable thirst for possession and dominion! Without them, all the excellent natural inclinations of humanity would remain forever undeveloped. Man wants consent, but nature knows better what is good for his kind; and she wants contention. He wants to live carelessly and cheerfully, and nature wants him to get out of the state of negligence and inactive contentment and plunge headlong into work and experience difficulties in order to find a reasonable way to get rid of these difficulties. Thus, natural incentives, sources of uncommunication and universal resistance, causing so many disasters, but also constantly prompting a person to a new tension of forces and, therefore, to a greater development of natural inclinations, perfectly reveal the device created by a wise creator; and this has nothing to do with the evil spirit, which allegedly interferes with the magnificent arrangement created by the creator, or spoils it out of envy.
№ 430009   Added Viker 05-10-2021 / 17:36
Fame, vanity, a reward in a mortal or afterlife - this is not for geniuses, it is for simpletons.
№ 428605   Added Viker 29-09-2021 / 12:53
Whatever we explain our grief, most often they are based on deceived self-interest or wounded vanity.
№ 427832   Added Viker 27-09-2021 / 13:57
The most vile human qualities: a thirst for power over the weak, vanity and vile revenge.
Quote Explanation: Issue of "Dacha Love".
Release Date: 13.06.2021
№ 427538   Added MegaMozg 14-09-2021 / 19:27
Vanity and hypocrisy are the dignity of the unworthy!
№ 425996   Added MegaMozg 20-08-2021 / 13:00
Vanity is the most reliable magnet! Will always attract envious people and enemies!
№ 424331   Added MegaMozg 27-07-2021 / 18:09
In fact, religious values are long-lasting and stable. As for modern Western civilization, it seems to me that it is moving into a state of fundamentally anti-religious. The main value of modern Western civilization is the value of sin. She appeals to the passions of a person. That is why she calls her values universal. She appeals to vices. The value of sin is disguised as the value of freedom, free religion. What is freedom in the export version of Western civilization? First of all, it is vanity, an opinion about oneself. This is being broadcast to young people who are not yet formed. The people of Western civilization play on the ignorance and inability of young people to live.
№ 422500   Added MegaMozg 07-07-2021 / 16:27
Each person has some goal, even if he himself does not know about it. Some are driven by vanity, others act out of fear, while others are spurred on by the pursuit of money. But always, good or bad, their actions, like arrows, are directed towards this goal.
№ 421891   Added MegaMozg 05-07-2021 / 15:18
Everyone in the espada controls the cause of death.
And they are 10 reasons that lead to death, all this is expressed in our actions, abilities in the very sense of our existence.
1. Loneliness. 2. Vanity. 3. Despair. 4. Destruction.5. Intoxication. 6. Mad. 7. Greed. 8. Rage. Tia Harribel represents the cause of death known as the Victim.
Quote Explanation: Espada (十刃 (エスパーダ) esupa:yes, "ten blades", Spanish Espada - "sword") - ten of the strongest arrancars of Aizen's army, nine men and one woman.
Everyone in the espada controls the cause of death.
And...
№ 420254   Added MegaMozg 05-06-2021 / 14:30
The idea was that it was profitable to lead a rock and roll band, whose name flashes in the newspapers, and this, perhaps, was Warhol's favorite feature - to see his name in the newspapers.
Quote Explanation: about Andy Warhol
№ 419653   Added MegaMozg 24-05-2021 / 17:00
- I'm running from nothing. I'm afraid of emptiness. People come up, get an autograph, take pictures of me. They think they know me, and I want to be who I seem, but I'm not. They see vanity in me and take it for kindness, but I know there is emptiness inside. No matter how I run, I can't hide from her.
Quote Explanation: BoJack plays dialogue on the audition for The Secretariat, where the protagonist is going through a similar emotional drama.
№ 417688   Added MegaMozg 26-04-2021 / 18:36
No one has the right to offend another, no matter how weak, ugly and stupid. Nobody ever! Not a single person, not even the most intelligent, brave, talented and handsome. And if he does it, it means that he is trying to assert himself at someone else's expense. There is absolutely nothing to be offended at: the offender does not bully you, but develops his vanity ...
№ 417038   Added MegaMozg 14-04-2021 / 08:36