the difference [Theme] Page 3

A pinch of poisonous potion was enough. Let's say hemlock (with which Socrates committed suicide), arsenic, hellebore. Adding these substances to wine solved any issue quickly and silently, unlike a stiletto or other weapon. In addition, it was not possible to determine the presence of poison in the body due to the backwardness of medicine. The death of the victim looked quite natural. That's why poisoning in the Middle Ages was a kind of art - like architecture, sculpture, music, painting. And the one who mastered this art had a great advantage over those who were laymen or amateurs in it.
№ 437870   Added MegaMozg 17-04-2022 / 15:39
The national idea of any state should be the prosperity of its citizens. Otherwise, you will have to constantly face destructive forces and, relatively speaking, carry out denazification once every five years. After all, in the absence of concern for their own population, the number of dissatisfied will only grow, and people will again and again turn their eyes to people like Bandera and Shukhevych. If Ukrainian opposition politicians do not begin to address economic problems, the potential denazification program is doomed to failure. This is the fundamental difference between Ukraine and Germany.
№ 437156   Added MegaMozg 23-03-2022 / 02:18
We have forgotten our origins. We do not know our great literature. I say this because when I recently, like most readers, discovered the History
Quote Explanation: From an interview with Rossiyskaya Gazeta, 2010.
№ 436638   Added MegaMozg 09-03-2022 / 12:51
Unlike his father, who named the mine after his wife, Ross was unwilling to name it after Demelza. He decided that only one person in the world should bear this name.
№ 435759   Added MegaMozg 13-02-2022 / 07:33
What makes you different from others can sometimes feel like a burden, but it's not. And very often it is this difference that helps you reach heights.
№ 434900   Added MegaMozg 27-01-2022 / 06:30
It feels like I've been fighting all my life not to be like these people. All I do is fight. Eleven years ... And all I can do is use my fists like a broken person. I don't think I'm very different from these guys. Not as much as I would like, but I don't know how to be anyone else. How to exist here without being like this? God, I don't even know this world. I don’t know anymore. Or I don't see myself in it.
Quote Explanation: Ryde was given a life sentence for a crime he did not commit. Eleven years later, he escaped, but realized that during the time spent in prison, he became embittered and became like the rest of the criminals.
№ 433406   Added MegaMozg 21-12-2021 / 22:03
Theology or "theology" (Greek) is the doctrine of the Divine; it existed even before the advent of Christianity. Theologians in ancient antiquity were called those poets who dealt with the origin of the world (cosmogony) or gods (mythology), in contrast to philosophers who considered things by themselves.
№ 432432   Added MegaMozg 02-12-2021 / 13:06
A shallow stream will always find a way to achieve great aspirations, unlike a great flood that will hit the lowlands.
№ 432176   Added MegaMozg 23-11-2021 / 02:27
The humiliated and insulted were there before, but unlike the former ones, they no longer feel like that.
№ 430205   Added Viker 05-10-2021 / 18:06
- Everything?! she screamed. - You have killed thousands of people and are you asking if this is all?
№ 429589   Added Viker 29-09-2021 / 18:32
- And before you have time to blink an eye, - the Doctor completed, folding his arms over his chest, - only the Garamanov universe remained. Small, frightened, power-obsessed Garamans. All the same, all irritable, all blaming each other for what happened.
№ 429459   Added Viker 29-09-2021 / 18:12
Self-control is the main difference between man and beast.
№ 428387   Added Viker 29-09-2021 / 12:20
Books were easier than men. They filled with all the emotions of the world: joy, despondency, fear, pain, pleasure - and then they ended. The people were different. Unpredictable. Uncontrollable.
№ 427972   Added Viker 27-09-2021 / 14:36
If empathy is one of the main resources of deeply human happiness (as opposed to, say, the fleeting sense of happiness that comes from beer or chocolate), art is a source of empathy.
№ 427967   Added Viker 27-09-2021 / 14:36
Putin is perhaps sincere when he says that he did not seek presidential power. He, unlike Brezhnev, did not start any intrigue. But in reprisals against cheated supporters, as well as against opponents, he is tougher.
№ 427889   Added Viker 27-09-2021 / 14:07