bridges [Theme] Page 2

Don't burn the bridges of culture.
№ 429515   Added Viker 29-09-2021 / 18:21
Beautiful and built strict Petersburg!
Parade of palaces and squares stories.
Bridges, piers, parks, parapets;
Lions, sphinxes, horses, spires, silhouettes...
In all unique signs,
Special style of space - St. Petersburg!
№ 424961   Added MegaMozg 06-08-2021 / 08:33
... you can't immediately understand people, because they don't understand themselves. They have long been hiding in clothes. In a figurative sense, too. This is what I mean. This is the price of human civilization - in order to create it, they had to close the doors to their true self. And now, as far as I understand, they are lost. Therefore, they invented art - books, music, films, plays, paintings, sculpture - to build bridges to themselves, to their original essence. But no matter how close they get to her, she still remains inaccessible to them.
№ 418252   Added MegaMozg 02-05-2021 / 13:21
Before you burn the bridges behind you, see if you took all the vital necessities with you.
№ 416741   Added MegaMozg 13-04-2021 / 17:36
And Dostoevsky is wandering around on the road.
№ 413705   Added MegaMozg 17-02-2021 / 09:57
But people don't like stories of forgiveness. They want to see the bridges burn. They want a drama that makes their own lives seem normal. I was already beginning to understand this.
№ 413171   Added MegaMozg 07-02-2021 / 10:21
In all likelihood, the American is a good patriot. And if you ask him, he will sincerely say that he loves his country, but at the same time it turns out that he does not love Morgan, does not know and does not want to know the names of the people who designed the suspension bridges in San Francisco, is not interested in why in America with every year the drought intensifies, who built the Boulder Dame and why, why the Southern states lynch blacks and why he should eat chilled meat. He will say that he loves his country. But he is deeply indifferent to the issues of agriculture, since he is not a farmer, industry, since he is not an industrialist, finance, since he is not a financier, arts, since he is not an artist, and military issues, since he is not a military man. He's a hard worker, gets his thirty dollars a week and doesn't give a damn about Washington with its laws, Chicago with its gangsters, and New York with its Wall Street. From his country, he asks only one thing - to leave him alone and not interfere with his listening to the radio and going to the cinema.
№ 411142   Added MegaMozg 10-01-2021 / 19:15
Burning bridges is a very bad habit, especially when they can still be useful to you.
№ 410408   Added MegaMozg 30-12-2020 / 00:00
would stop wiping my feet ...
№ 410355   Added MegaMozg 29-12-2020 / 19:18
To regret or not to regret, that's the question.
Do you often regret what you have done? About the choice that was made and it turned out to be a failure, about the words that were said in a heated way? About people who were allowed too close, and they secretly put the bandwagon, or about those who were undeservedly "disliked" and abandoned? And what about the topic: "Oh, where would I be now if 10 years ago I went to study for a unicorn tamer."
Of course, it's all worth your nerves and time, in fact - not a damn.
As they write: "it is better to do and regret than to regret that I did not do"? And not this: "but if...". All! Bets are made, no more bets! The choice is made, the bridges are burned, and if not burned, then you can repair them, that's just what you need?
Personally, I am an analyzer person, my brain almost always dominates my intuition and heart. I will calculate all possible scenarios. I'll make the choice "head" and... I'll still feel sorry and think I screwed up again. And intuition and heart suggested the right answer, but who listened to them.
Introspection will devour from the inside until you get bored (and I do not get bored, it hurts to draw conclusions and dig into myself). And after a period of self-famigation, I will realize that I do not regret anything and if there was an opportunity to "replay" the episode again, with a probability of 99% I would still do the same.
That's just the question: "why was it necessary to endure a brain and arrange internal showdowns."
Do not rely on chance, do not be afraid to make a choice, defend it and bear responsibility. The most important thing is to be comfortable, that it is really what you want. The consequences will be in any decisions, so just enjoy the moment.
You need to be able to give the brain a day off and do as your intuition or heart suggests (even if it is blinded by someone or something).
Sometimes there are no right or wrong options. And you should not regret your actions just draw conclusions and take them into account in the future.
I don't regret anything, perhaps...
Re-read this during another bout of self-flagellation and exhale.
№ 408024   Added MegaMozg 03-12-2020 / 11:18
Burning bridges behind you - it's easy to find yourself on a desert island.
№ 407592   Added MegaMozg 27-11-2020 / 19:57
A serious step towards Orthodoxy, because once calling yourself a Christian, you burn behind you the bridges of the life you lived in, in which you were just you. Now you are a servant of God and in this joyful bondage strength is drawn for adversity, and for defeat, and for injured pride, and for the highest art of sacrificial love.
№ 403965   Added MegaMozg 16-09-2020 / 23:18
The bridges are burned, as a rule, able to swim.
№ 399358   Added MegaMozg 29-06-2020 / 08:48
It makes no sense to burn bridges. Who wants to swim and get. Who wouldn't want a bridge and not take advantage.
№ 399006   Added MegaMozg 24-06-2020 / 10:24