New York [Theme]

- What is magic to me in comparison with you? What is eternity versus the opportunity to live life with your loved ones? It's not even an equal exchange. If it turns out this way, then I will owe fate much more than I give.
Quote Explanation: Quote from the story “The Gates of Samhain.”
- What is magic to me in comparison with you? What is...
№ 465449   Added MegaMozg 01-04-2024 / 07:51
I don't want you to slip through my fingers like this, so do yourself a favor and find out the truth: you deserve it. You absolutely, incredibly deserve it, and you were made for beautiful things. Keep going forward. Keep trying. Don't let anyone in this wide, wide world even try to dim the light you bring. You must know that he is important. The world will try to convince you otherwise, but don't listen. Please! No need. Do not listen. You are a miracle. The fact that you are here is important. If you ever start to forget about it, come and find me.
Quote Explanation: Note to a stranger
№ 455897   Added MegaMozg 24-08-2023 / 11:42
I don't want you to slip through my fingers like this, so do yourself a favor and find out the truth: you deserve it. You absolutely, incredibly deserve it, and you were made for beautiful things. Keep going forward. Keep trying. Don't let anyone in this wide, wide world even try to dim the light you bring. You must know that he is important. The world will try to convince you otherwise, but don't listen. Please! No need. Do not listen. You are a miracle. The fact that you are here is important. If you ever start to forget about it, come and find me.
Quote Explanation: Note to a stranger
№ 455896   Added Viker 24-08-2023 / 11:42
In New York, if the misfortune is not with you, but with someone else, you get some kind of strange blindness.
№ 450760   Added Viker 02-03-2023 / 11:05
There is nothing to do in New York without money. A man without money gets lost in New York, disappears without a trace, as if sucked into a sidewalk quagmire.
№ 450759   Added Viker 02-03-2023 / 11:04
Maybe I still love you, Alice.
№ 444887   Added MegaMozg 25-09-2022 / 10:18
She endlessly, at various intervals, asked how to correctly write the second of the capital letters in the name of the city in America, New York. She was poorly versed in the complexities of domestic politics and the balance of power in foreign policy. When adding up the numbers of accounts, she often resorted to the help of her fingers.
Quote Explanation: About Leopold Bloom's wife
№ 436324   Added MegaMozg 08-03-2022 / 21:09
Every hour [in New York] turned into a sequence of accidents - the choice of the street along which you walked somewhere could be fateful: what you see, who you meet, who you miss.
№ 434945   Added MegaMozg 27-01-2022 / 08:45
New York: a city where everyone riots, but no one despairs.
№ 432699   Added MegaMozg 07-12-2021 / 13:51
New York is too hot and too cold, cold, like that damn neon light - the very inconsolability; it seems that you are alone wandering the streets and chattering your teeth from the cold.
№ 429284   Added Viker 29-09-2021 / 17:45
- Better than in Italy, New York is an Italian city. In addition, it is a Spanish city, Jewish, Hungarian, Chinese, African and Historical German.
№ 427135   Added MegaMozg 04-09-2021 / 21:39
- Sorry - goodbye Odessa - mom, New York - dad is waiting for me.
№ 414603   Added MegaMozg 07-03-2021 / 16:48
He was very lonely, he wanted to return to New York. It was sad to see his tall figure receding into the darkness as we drove away - just like those other silhouettes in New York and New Orleans: they stand uncertainly under the immense skies, and everything in them is submerged. Where to go? what to do? why? - sleep. But this stupid gang drove forward.
№ 414058   Added MegaMozg 24-02-2021 / 10:39
Oh, this New York. You both love and hate him. Everything in him puts pressure on the psyche - both good and bad. An eternal race. Here you rush from the mountain, there your soul rushes somewhere. They practically don't read newspapers here. You forget that somewhere there is a war, people are killing each other in the jungle. In New York, you open the Times, and you feel uncomfortable that you are safe, well fed, sleeping in a soft bed; you start to feel ashamed of your well-being. On the street you look into the faces of people and ask yourself - how do they live with such a feeling?
№ 413581   Added MegaMozg 14-02-2021 / 20:57
In all likelihood, the American is a good patriot. And if you ask him, he will sincerely say that he loves his country, but at the same time it turns out that he does not love Morgan, does not know and does not want to know the names of the people who designed the suspension bridges in San Francisco, is not interested in why in America with every year the drought intensifies, who built the Boulder Dame and why, why the Southern states lynch blacks and why he should eat chilled meat. He will say that he loves his country. But he is deeply indifferent to the issues of agriculture, since he is not a farmer, industry, since he is not an industrialist, finance, since he is not a financier, arts, since he is not an artist, and military issues, since he is not a military man. He's a hard worker, gets his thirty dollars a week and doesn't give a damn about Washington with its laws, Chicago with its gangsters, and New York with its Wall Street. From his country, he asks only one thing - to leave him alone and not interfere with his listening to the radio and going to the cinema.
№ 411142   Added MegaMozg 10-01-2021 / 19:15