artist [Theme] Page 4

For Baudelaire, laughter is the result of the Fall, a manifestation of the satanic pride of a person rejoicing in his superiority over another. Therefore, he writes, in laughter, with rare exceptions, there is always something repulsive. Laughter is humane only when the artist does not boast of his superiority, but laughs at humanity as a whole, including himself.
№ 427428   Added MegaMozg 13-09-2021 / 14:30
No rotten work is based on hatred and contempt. This is why the artist ultimately always justifies instead of condemning.
№ 426323   Added MegaMozg 21-08-2021 / 05:24
When choosing clothes, it is very important to answer the question: "Who am I?". The answer to this question will pick up your own clothes. If you are a top manager, then you need a good suit, if you are a business owner, then you need an expensive suit. If you are an artist or poet, then any bright clothes will suit you.
№ 425602   Added Viker 20-08-2021 / 10:39
An artist can do no more than open his soul to others. You can not present him with pre-made rules. He is still an unknown world where everything is new. We must forget what captivated others, here is different. Otherwise, you will listen and not hear, you will look without understanding.
Quote Explanation: treatise "On Art"
№ 425064   Added MegaMozg 07-08-2021 / 04:18
Art in order to give a person aesthetic pleasure and in some way is a school for the development of human morality. It is in vain to argue that art is higher or even on a par with reality. The beauties of life (reality) are numerous, varied, nature is inexhaustible in the material of the development of the soul. The question is, why an artist? The numerous beauties of nature are not available to everyone, they are sometimes found in such nooks of life that you need a mirror to find and reflect these beauties. It is difficult for a person with a material outlook on life to comprehend himself, although it is even difficult to understand a particle, to distinguish the beautiful from the ugly, dirty and so on. An artist, on the other hand, is a person who possesses such a soul, who is able not only to perceive the ideal from life, but also to reflect it with a clear, understandable hint for everyone. These hints are particles from nature, selected and flattened into the idea that the creator asked. It is clear, understandable, capable of leaving the very impression that the poet felt from the life that gave him this idea.
№ 424929   Added MegaMozg 05-08-2021 / 05:36
You are zero, you are a blank slate! OK! Let us take advantage of the fact that I am an artist and draw on this blank sheet of paper a portrait of a wise and spiritualized person, an aristocrat in spirit, not in rank. However, this is a crazy idea - but who is to take it on if not crazy?
№ 424634   Added MegaMozg 31-07-2021 / 01:33
It's strange how predictable people are. You are a sculptor, an artist, and you behave like everyone with whom I have communicated hundreds of times in different countries of the world, from maids and ordinary workers to politicians and scientists. When you are offended by something that you cannot comprehend, you will certainly want to find someone to blame. You are my first artist. And I thought you were different.
№ 422957   Added MegaMozg 11-07-2021 / 18:45
A free artist creates without a contract.
№ 421854   Added MegaMozg 05-07-2021 / 13:27
An artist who judges another art form usually judges by his own experience, that is, incorrectly.
Quote Explanation: German playwright, poet and essayist.
№ 421626   Added MegaMozg 29-06-2021 / 20:21
The artist is born of exceptional circumstances, they are deeply related to painful phenomena and are connected with them; so it is apparently impossible to be an artist and not be sick.
№ 420350   Added MegaMozg 07-06-2021 / 17:00
Women are always drawn to talented men. Those that stand out against the background of the usual gray mass. It doesn't matter who their chosen one is - a writer, an artist, an athlete, a scientist ... Your ability to compose interesting stories and sculpt images fascinates them. Consider this and make allowances for the fact that you attract their attention precisely by your dissimilarity to others.
№ 419846   Added MegaMozg 28-05-2021 / 16:48
It is a mistake to say that an artist is “looking for” his theme. The theme ripens in him like a fruit, begins to demand its expression. It's like childbirth. The poet has nothing to be proud of - he is not the master of the situation, he is a servant. Creativity for him is the only possible form of existence, and each of his works is adequate to an act that he cannot arbitrarily cancel.
№ 419107   Added MegaMozg 15-05-2021 / 09:57
Fine art is developing: Renaissance artists painted a woman naked, modern artists paint her naked.
№ 418425   Added MegaMozg 04-05-2021 / 14:33
I've always loved Dora's words, "I have the patience of an ox." I see something good in them, a certain conviction and honesty; in short, these words have a deep meaning, they are the saying of a genuine artist. When you think of the people from whose hearts such words pour out, all the chatter about the "natural giftedness" that you so often hear from the dealers of paintings seems to me a vile croak. "I have patience" - how restrained and dignified it sounds! Such dealers in paintings will never say, even if not everything they say is like a crow's croak. "I'm not an artist" - how can you speak so harshly about yourself? Is it not possible to become patient, is it not possible to learn patience from nature, seeing how slowly wheat ripens, seeing how everything grows? How can you consider yourself so dead as to assume that you will never grow again? Is it possible to deliberately hinder one's own development? I say all this to explain why talking about whether you are gifted or not seems so silly to me.
Quote Explanation: Paul Gustave Doré is a French engraver, illustrator and painter.
№ 418351   Added MegaMozg 03-05-2021 / 15:12
The greatest goal for an artist is to leave behind his work for the whole world to enjoy. And if it is his work that is still capable of changing the world, then he dares not dream of more.
The greatest goal for an artist is to leave behind his work...
№ 418237   Added MegaMozg 02-05-2021 / 12:36