ignorance [Theme]

When you don’t understand or don’t know something, you need to ask lower-ranking workers, and not rashly agree or object... Never pretend that you know something that you really don’t know; you need to “not be ashamed to ask juniors” and be able to listen to the opinions of lower-level employees.
Quote Explanation: Working methods of party committees (March 13, 1949)
№ 466397   Added MegaMozg 01-05-2024 / 16:03
No one can use ignorance of the law as an excuse.
№ 464442   Added Viker 19-03-2024 / 11:26
Don't be angry, dear Karpukhin. The silver crane is a dark bird. She doesn’t read newspapers and therefore has no idea whether it’s ours or capitalist.
№ 457926   Added Viker 31-10-2023 / 12:50
If you have ignorance about something, think about the fact that Euclid did not know what Lobachevsky learned about mathematics.
№ 455260   Added MegaMozg 26-07-2023 / 08:39
This ignorance is due to many reasons. Correspondents who worked in Moscow note that Soviet society is closed to foreigners. But the thing is that it is closed not only for foreigners. The thing is that it is closed to the Soviet people themselves, especially to those who do not listen to foreign radio. Any, often the simplest, information is our secret. Individual enterprises, entire islands and cities are secret; not only foreigners, but also Soviet citizens have no access there. Secret epidemics, natural disasters, train and plane crashes. The true harvest figures and production figures in general are secret. The number of alcoholics and drug addicts is secret. The names of the writers expelled from the country and, of course, their books are secret. Even the names of the most distinguished figures of the revolution, the civil war and recent Soviet leaders are secret. In the encyclopedia, for example, there is the word "Trotskyism", but there is no surname "Trotsky".
№ 454354   Added Viker 20-06-2023 / 10:54
All problems are not from ignorance, but from erroneous confidence in one's own knowledge.
№ 452964   Added MegaMozg 22-04-2023 / 15:54
The most stupid opponents are those who do not know their own strengths.
The most stupid opponents are those who do not know their...
№ 451464   Added MegaMozg 14-03-2023 / 00:06
I taught Varvara Gulyaeva so that she could delve into everything, think about everything independently. I wanted her to become a person with a broad outlook, with a conscious faith in the future. And you, perhaps, it was during these war years that you managed to impose your faith on her - blind faith, in which you don’t need to think, you don’t need to reason. The world for her became dark and incomprehensible. We won the war - why should she, Varvara, analyze, why puzzle over questions, why and why - just God's grace. Since the war, it has become more difficult to live on the Gumnishchi collective farm. How to fix the situation? Again, one answer: that's God's will. And so in everything and everywhere - mental blindness. And from blindness, from the unknown, a purely animal fear of life appears. Fear of God's wrath, fear of superiors, fear of rain at the wrong time, fear of a cat crossing the road. And then you hammer in: be patient, for everything is from God, be submissive. Submission, a lazy mind and fear - this is quite enough to make a spiritual slave out of a person. Whether you wanted it or not, you created spiritually poor people, moral freaks in our time. Thank you for your small benefit, but know that we also appreciated the harm.
№ 447002   Added Viker 28-11-2022 / 13:55
Now let's recall Orwell's other slogans. <...> Ignorance is strength? Damn it, definitely. It is precisely ignorance, a conscious rejection of information that is the reason that the Russian intelligentsia is now sculpting yellow flags on avatars, supporting the regime to which our army went to break off the horns so that it no longer butts. They had eight years to understand what exactly happened in the Donbass, and why it is very important to know the true background of these events. They just didn't want to. They chose ignorance. And they themselves did not notice how they went over to the dark side.
Quote Explanation: LiveJournal. February 26, 2022.
№ 441703   Added MegaMozg 01-07-2022 / 08:48
Of course, what I do before I die is more important than how I die, but I am haunted by complete ignorance of exactly how this will happen. After all, we only die once.
№ 441233   Added MegaMozg 24-06-2022 / 04:54
Ah, if only Captain Vimes were there, he thought. - He wouldn't know what to do either, but his vocabulary, behind which, like behind a smokescreen, you can hide this ignorance, is much wider.
№ 439480   Added Viker 26-05-2022 / 15:56
He pretended to be my friend, but you yourself do not know what it is.
Quote Explanation: Contact Connor.
№ 438977   Added Viker 25-05-2022 / 19:20
I often think that romance is about not really knowing the other person. It is ignorance that drives us crazy.
№ 438625   Added Viker 17-05-2022 / 15:41
For the time being, awareness of some and ignorance of others gives relative freedom, but in the future, the habits and algorithm of actions become known to observers.
№ 437052   Added MegaMozg 18-03-2022 / 07:48
You are terribly unaware of our affairs here, just dizzy when you listen to you, when you mentally compare your words and your statements with the true state of affairs. You can't correct your understanding right away, or maybe you won't do anything at all, but it will be better in many ways if you trust me a little and know that you don't know anything.
№ 430561   Added MegaMozg 11-10-2021 / 13:54