the reality [Theme]

Positivism is a general cultural attitude of Western European consciousness, formed in modern times. The peculiarity of this attitude is the focus of our consciousness on the positive reality surrounding us, the earthly real world in which we live, and not on the other world, which was considered the highest reality in previous eras.
№ 466637   Added MegaMozg 07-05-2024 / 21:21
The term “mental model” originates from cognitive psychology, a science that studies how our brain thinks, perceives the reality around us, and interacts with the world. Some designers know how to apply this knowledge to make the best decisions. Psychological research shows that people generally like the feeling of control over things, including elevators (and the extent to which this feeling is expressed is called locus of control). Research has proven that when we think we are in control of a situation, or at least actively doing something (pressing a placebo button), the sense of time becomes dull.
№ 466364   Added MegaMozg 30-04-2024 / 15:45
If you only knew with what joy I left Switzerland and flew to my darling, my beautiful Italy! She is mine! No one in the world can take it away from me. I was born here. Russia, St. Petersburg, snow, scoundrels, department, department, theater - I dreamed of all this. I woke up again in my homeland and only regretted that the poetic part of this dream - you and three or four memories that left eternal joy in my soul - did not turn into reality.
Quote Explanation: Gogol wrote about “darling Italy” in a letter to Vasily Zhukovsky on October 30, 1837. From this time to 1846 he lived in Rome, only occasionally coming to Russia. In Italy, Nikolai Gogol visited the house of Princess Zinaida Volkonskaya and almost completely wrote Dead Souls. To this day, there is a memorial plaque with a bas-relief of the writer at house number 126 on Via Sistina.
№ 466276   Added MegaMozg 28-04-2024 / 15:09
She felt herself losing touch with reality, but could not stop the irreversible process. The roots of dreams grew deeper and deeper into reality. The boundary between sleep and reality day after day became dim and erased, as if drawn with chalk on the asphalt, forcing Alice to doubt the authenticity of what was happening.
№ 465726   Added MegaMozg 10-04-2024 / 03:30
It is from reality that the most wonderful fairy tales grow.
№ 464672   Added Viker 19-03-2024 / 12:25
... Russian thought does not apply criticism of the method at all, that is, it does not at all check the meaning of words, does not go behind the scenes of the word, does not like to look at true reality. We are in the business of collecting words, not studying life.
Quote Explanation: About the Russian Mind (1918).
№ 463144   Added Viker 13-03-2024 / 12:10
What does not happen in the world, comrades. There are even women with a beard in the world. But I’m not talking about what happens in the world, but only about what is.
№ 462797   Added MegaMozg 12-02-2024 / 20:33
I believe that your intentions are the most noble, but do you remember which road is paved with good intentions?
№ 461993   Added Viker 05-02-2024 / 14:46
The legend, despite the inscription, is so ingrained that you really don’t know what to believe, especially since we are not used to believing inscriptions.
№ 461530   Added Viker 15-01-2024 / 12:58
It was a chilling, aching, sucking pain of the heart, a joyless emptiness in thoughts, the complete powerlessness of the imagination to adjust the soul to a more sublime way...
№ 460054   Added Viker 18-12-2023 / 10:26
The constant, obvious, contrary to evidence, flattery of the people around him [Emperor Nicholas] brought him to the point where he no longer saw his contradictions, no longer adjusted his actions and words to reality, with logic or even with simple common sense, but was completely confident that all his orders, no matter how senseless, unfair and inconsistent with each other, became meaningful, fair, and consistent with each other only because he made them.
№ 459744   Added Viker 07-12-2023 / 18:52
- Three. Wanting to jump and wanting to jump are completely different things, you know?
№ 459495   Added Viker 07-12-2023 / 12:40
The simplest gesture of a person, his step, the vibrations and impulses emanating from him - alone are capable of imparting poetry and awe to the things that surround a person and among which he is located. Any other solution to the problem will always seem to me an attack on reality - the one that unfolds before our eyes, created by people and continuously changed by them.
№ 458193   Added MegaMozg 03-11-2023 / 01:00
Psychoanalysis only confirms Plato's old saying that the good are those who are content with dreams of what the evil do in reality.
№ 454933   Added MegaMozg 12-07-2023 / 10:06
The world changes not when we expect changes from others, but when we ourselves take the initiative and begin to change the reality around us.
№ 452951   Added MegaMozg 22-04-2023 / 01:36