assumptions [Theme] Page 2

Death didn’t really scare her. Yes, and in life after life she did not believe - all the excesses of this world cannot turn into grace in that one. As the only openly atheist among Leila's friends, Nalan believed flesh, not abstractness, like an eternal soul. Its molecules penetrate the soil and fertilize plants, these plants are eaten by animals, and animals by humans, so that, despite the assumptions of most, the human body is immortal and is on an endless journey through natural cycles. What else to demand from the afterlife?
№ 409971   Added MegaMozg 21-12-2020 / 21:33
“My eyes are much higher,” the girl said without any expression, exactly following John's movements. The journalist's remark made him smile: she hinted so subtly that he was forbidden to look into the neckline of her dress.
“You leave no chance for your admirers,” Lugo said, looking up. - For many men, rings on ladies' fingers are just an adornment, but hanging on a chain will be more serious. It's like a stop sign. If others who attended this celebration only pretend to be inaccessible and indifferent to acquaintance with a certain subtext, thereby trying to fill themselves up and interest themselves, you don't have to pretend - I see coldness in your eyes, even, it seems, my fingertips , in contact with your skin, go numb from your indifference to this kind of topic. It makes you desirable.
They, looking into each other's eyes as opponents studying their opponent, made a circle in a dance.
- Really? - complete indifference sounded in Nikki's intonation.
- I think that girls are too accessible, not only in terms of sex, but in terms of permissiveness, and if you add excessive stickiness, they only repel guys. We need to feel like a hunter. When a dead mouse is lying near your feet, which agrees to everything and at the same time considers itself a wild panther, it looks pathetic. Wretched, ”Lugo spoke every word clearly. - In addition, such girls by their behavior provoke the fact that they are used, in principle, there is a similar category of guys. Such people are used for their own purposes, often intimate, but I would never associate my life with a girl who at the very first meeting jumped into my bed, allowing me to do whatever I want with herself. Can you guess why?
- Because she can jump into another's bed with the same ease? Liebert suggested.
- Exactly. Why do I need a Sharing Girl? - said the birthday boy, circling with Nikki in a dance and not paying attention to the others. - Therefore, against the general background, you look regal. Not because you supposedly turn up your nose, but because you know your worth. You understand what you need and you won’t be exchanged for a small coin. Even here you came for some of your goals.
- Why did you decide that? - this time there was a slight interest.
- Why do they come to such events? Lugo nodded toward the bar. - Over there, the desire of many becomes especially clear: to find someone for themselves. Who exactly - this is already of secondary importance. Many ladies from the audience, as soon as I beckon them with my hand, will rush to my neck, not because they like me especially, but from an elementary calculation: a man who is able to organize such a party has some money in his pocket.
“And they are rather big,” Liebert said.
“Yes,” John didn’t deny. - Some are looking for a sponsor, others are sexual adventures, but they all stand out very clearly from the crowd, no matter how much they want to hide it. After observing them a little or exchanging a couple of phrases - that's all. You already know who came and why. Look and body language betray them. Your body signals that you are not looking for a lover or sponsor.
- Maybe I came just to have fun? - said the girl, turning on its axis, slightly touching Lugo's hand, which he held above her head.
“You are too serious for a person who came to dance,” the man objected, drawing Nikki to him again and entering a new dance circle with her.
- Perhaps I'm a good actress?
- No, Nikki, you are not playing. Otherwise, they would have already launched a female weapon of incredible power - coquetry.
- Yes, and you, as I understand it, are not trying to achieve something from the points that have been voiced, - said the journalist. - Otherwise they would not have spoken to me so openly.
- It seemed to me that you are one of those women who love truthfulness and straightforwardness. Am I wrong, Miss Liebert?
- Do we know you? the girl asked warily.
- Rather, it is a one-sided acquaintance. Or rather, even with your work. I read the last articles that you wrote - I want to say that you have the gift of expressing your thoughts and observations. Even then I thought it was nice to be with you and talk to you. Thank you for coming to my birthday today and allowing you to personally verify the veracity of my assumption, - the music died down, and Lugo, completing their dance, made a bow. “And thank you for our dance, Nikki.
He straightened up and, stepping closer to her so that she would surely hear him, added:
- I feel pride in you. Perfectly. This means that you will not grovel in front of the strong and will not sell out to the one who pays the most. I understand such things ... I wish you to continue to be as you are now.
- Thank you ... - said the journalist. - I want to wish ...
But she could not finish: Lugo raised his finger to her lips and, shaking his head, quietly stretched out:
- Shhhhhh ... I already have everything. And I don't need anything else. Perhaps I would like to be closer to you ... but someone else managed to win your heart. Even if I try to get you, it will get you nowhere. You even never they didn't try to flirt with me. I even envy that lucky man whose ring you have on your neck. I hope he is worthy of you. And you know, taking this opportunity, I want to tell you one secret, which is hardly such, purely because of male solidarity towards your chosen one: the wrong women - selfish, stupid conversations, boring and monotonous - squeeze men out like an orange in a juicer. Correct - invigorate like matins dew! Stay "correct" from now on.
John, just like at the very beginning, took Nikki's hand and, kissing the back of her hand and making a bow, went into the crowd.
Quote Explanation: Characters from the text-based role-playing game Barefoot on Baker Street
№ 408569   Added MegaMozg 07-12-2020 / 23:24
Every detective needs a hint in which conjecture and reality meet.
№ 404780   Added MegaMozg 02-10-2020 / 01:24
- Folks, it just can't be! Maybe we're all... in a coma?
- Sdurela?! They don't fall into anyone together!
№ 404456   Added MegaMozg 25-09-2020 / 11:06
What can be done through fewer [assumptions] should not be done on the basis of more.
№ 395778   Added Viker 22-05-2020 / 07:55
- Lowell Hudson - owned company dedicated to helicopter tours.
- Maybe he was sitting in the helicopter and fell...?
- Yes, it was a magical helicopters that continue to fly if the pilot accidentally fall out.
Quote Explanation: Investigating the murder of a guy who fell out of "nowhere" middle of the road and crashed.
№ 390148   Added Viker 04-04-2020 / 09:22
The meaning is the estimated feasibility.
№ 389439   Added MegaMozg 27-03-2020 / 13:39
How cut bamboo
went in for an ultrasound,
so believe the scientists,
who was seriously ill.
№ 384619   Added MegaMozg 16-12-2019 / 18:32
Assumptions - a lot of wandering in the dark knowing the truth - calm, because he sees the light.
3 Season 12 Series
№ 383121   Added MegaMozg 20-11-2019 / 21:04