instincts [Theme]

It's not difficult to fight. It's hard to just start and finish. When you have already started, then instinct kicks in. The most difficult thing in any violence is to strike the first blow and, having gained the upper hand, stop in time and not strike the last one.
№ 464680   Added Viker 19-03-2024 / 12:26
Instincts become sharper...
№ 463989   Added Viker 15-03-2024 / 15:25
A characteristic feature of the crowd is that in it a person loses his individuality. This is also true for a flock of sheep: the herd instinct makes each of them go where the others go.
Quote Explanation: From the book “The Keys of Consumerism”
№ 463156   Added MegaMozg 13-03-2024 / 12:18
Well-known morality is based on religious and ideological principles, and a person perceives it passively and automatically. This inevitably leads him to the suppression of instincts and impulses or to destructive emotions - such as a feeling of guilt if a person’s actions contradict morality. Suppression is harmful and undesirable, because over time a real “devil’s cauldron” is formed in a person’s subconscious, so sublimation of instincts will be the best solution.
Quote Explanation: Chapter 1
№ 462613   Added Viker 06-02-2024 / 15:57
Quick decisions are often the right ones. Instincts should be listened to.
Quick decisions are often the right ones. Instincts should...
№ 441597   Added MegaMozg 29-06-2022 / 01:48
Maybe not everyone will understand you right away. This is a different conversation. Well, noble deeds are not immediately understood. This petty-bourgeois understand each other perfectly. Everything is unusually simple there, the simplest instincts operate there - anger, greed, cruelty, greed.
Quote Explanation: 1st series.
Maybe not everyone will understand you right away. This is...
№ 440270   Added MegaMozg 30-05-2022 / 01:57
Never have I felt so alone, left to my own devices, as in those hours when I realized that I had no real power behind me, except for a completely conventional personal influence on individuals and masses; and the latter, seized with revolutionary ecstasy, were in a state of some kind of hysteria with an instinctive desire for destruction, which is laid in the foundation of the spiritual essence of every person. Once again, I was convinced how easy it is to master a hysterical crowd, how cheap their enthusiasm is, how pitiful the laurels of its leaders, and I did not betray myself and did not follow them. I am not made to be a demagogue - although I could easily become one - I am a soldier accustomed to receiving and giving orders without a hint of politics, and this is possible only in relation to an organized and mechanical mass. For ten days I have been engaged in politics and I feel a deep disgust for it, for my politics is the command of the power that can command me. But it was not there these days, and I had to engage in politics and manage a disorganized hysterical crowd in order to bring it back to normal and suppress the instincts and desire for primitive anarchy.
Quote Explanation: From a letter to Anna Timiryova. March 11, 1917
№ 439318   Added Viker 26-05-2022 / 11:58
Genius is instinctive and has a powerful intellect. But the intellect does not obscure the instincts, trusts them.
№ 437430   Added MegaMozg 03-04-2022 / 18:06
“Oh, there are many little signs, Knockknock. But the most convincing thing, I think, is that he left again with your pencil.
№ 436996   Added MegaMozg 15-03-2022 / 23:39
You see, in principle, the instincts of our old pirate grandfather spoke in both of us. Only I got rid of them in one fell swoop, and you pull them drop by drop, you can't get to the bottom. I think that by nature you are much less a pirate than I am, and this is what ruins you: your life is an eternal compromise between a tendency to rebellion and anarchy, very moderate, and your hidden inclinations that attract you to order, moral health, I would said, almost to routine. As a result, you remained an aged, irresponsible student. But, my friend, take a good look at yourself: you are thirty-four years old, your head is gradually turning gray - though not like mine - there is nothing of a youth in you anymore, the life of a bohemian is not suitable for you. Besides, what is bohemianism? It was great a hundred years ago, now it's a handful of harmless muddlers who missed the train. You have already entered the age of maturity, Mathieu, or, in any case, you should have entered it.
№ 436064   Added MegaMozg 25-02-2022 / 00:45
I always knew that I did not belong to this world. I was not made for him. But I will never forget those who betrayed me. And… I will never forget those who were faithful to me to the end. From my assignments, I drew one conclusion: never trust anyone and rely on your instincts. Forget about the past. I will never find peace here. And so - I myself will find justice. And I will choose the truth that will please me.
№ 435307   Added MegaMozg 02-02-2022 / 13:12
Nothing will harm or kill you faster than ignoring your own instincts.
№ 434288   Added MegaMozg 17-01-2022 / 10:54
Tsukasa's instincts say ... that women are protected by men with their strength. And naturally in the stone world ... Everything is so ... But ... Science ... Equalized like !!!
№ 434077   Added MegaMozg 10-01-2022 / 22:54
- C. Hyphen
№ 433651   Added MegaMozg 29-12-2021 / 14:18
instincts. But if you can overcome them? Fortunately, a reasonable person agrees that there is a lot of valuable, wonderful and beautiful in life: love, pleasure, joy, humanity, beauty, communication, adventure and much more, and that life is well worth working and living it with dignity for the sake of loved ones, for the sake of themselves and all people.
№ 433617   Added MegaMozg 28-12-2021 / 16:51