circumstances [Theme] Page 5

After this incident, Jahan realized that the teacher emerges victorious from any fight, not because he is dressed in invulnerable armor. No, his secret is different: in the ability to adapt to circumstances without betraying oneself.
№ 419468   Added MegaMozg 21-05-2021 / 15:36
Believe in ideas, not circumstances – this is a lesson history teaches to the wise.
№ 419043   Added MegaMozg 14-05-2021 / 18:33
... The history of thought also provides us with the following lesson: from the fact that the scientific view is the best of the hitherto formulated ideas about the world, it is not necessary to conclude that it is final and comprehensive. It should not be overlooked that scientific generalizations are essentially nothing more than hypotheses invented to order the phantasmagoria of thought in the process of constant change, which we arrogantly call the world and the universe. In the final analysis, magic, religion, and science are merely modes of theoretical thinking, and just as science has supplanted its predecessors, in the future it may be replaced by another, more perfect hypothesis. Perhaps it will be a radically different view of things, or rather, on their shadows on the screen of the mind. a view that our generation cannot make the slightest idea of. The progress of knowledge is an endless advance towards an eternally elusive goal. And it is hardly necessary to grumble that this search has no end:
Quote Explanation: The "Golden Bove" of the famous English religious scholar and ethnologist James Fraser (1854-1941) belongs to the number of those and fundamental studies that are of enduring value to many generations of scientists. Having devoted his life to the study of folkloristics and history of religion, J. S. Fraser collected a huge amount of factual material that allowed him to show the connection between modern religions and primitive beliefs, to identify the earthly origins of the religious worldview with the help of the comparative-historical method.
№ 418544   Added MegaMozg 05-05-2021 / 16:45
Promises are made for reasons - and are fulfilled according to circumstances.
Quote Explanation: 1876
№ 418416   Added MegaMozg 04-05-2021 / 14:06
My grandfather, the first Mekenzie, lived to be two thousand, but could only count to ten. And he described the total eclipse of the moon as follows: "The kerosene lamp of Jesus Christ has completely bent." I can express the orbital motion of the Moon in differential equations, but this does not mean that I am smarter than my grandfather. Change us in time - maybe he would become a better physicist than me. Different circumstances and possibilities, that's the point. Grandfather had no opportunity to learn counting; I didn’t have to raise a family in the desert - it’s a serious work that requires a lot of skill.
№ 417745   Added MegaMozg 26-04-2021 / 21:27
There are no good and bad people, there is a person who is in a certain situation.
№ 417209   Added MegaMozg 17-04-2021 / 14:03
Favorable circumstances do not always lend themselves to logic, but this is their beauty.
№ 417099   Added MegaMozg 15-04-2021 / 09:51
Man is not a product of circumstance; these circumstances are created by people.
№ 415923   Added MegaMozg 27-03-2021 / 17:21
When there is no chance, no chance to continue.
№ 414512   Added MegaMozg 05-03-2021 / 13:15
There will always be a new reason and concomitant circumstances to repeat.
№ 412771   Added MegaMozg 02-02-2021 / 05:09
There are no correct dogmas, no ideal ideology. There is only what, according to experience, is right for you personally. And even then it is not a fact that you have drawn the correct conclusions. And since you, I and everyone else have different needs, different personal stories and different life circumstances, we will inevitably come to different "correct" answers about what is the meaning of our life and how to live it better.
№ 411903   Added MegaMozg 22-01-2021 / 21:18
What at first glance does not have any value in itself, due to the coincidence of circumstances, as a result, gradually acquires the right to eternity. And the further, the more significant.
№ 411594   Added MegaMozg 17-01-2021 / 01:06
If we grew up from the cradle in an atmosphere of tension and emotional discomfort, if from childhood we believed that aggression against another is the only way to take our place, unless we have renounced the idea of taking it at all, a certain rejection of well-being takes root in us. Well-being may not seem as exciting as difficulties, and not as safe, because it is unknown to us. Then it is possible that we will unconsciously recreate the circumstances familiar to us in order to find again the known and exciting.
№ 411263   Added MegaMozg 11-01-2021 / 19:21
He left, knowing that he wanted one thing - to stay.
№ 410179   Added MegaMozg 26-12-2020 / 17:27
When circumstances get out of hand, people often complain about powerlessness.
№ 409605   Added MegaMozg 17-12-2020 / 22:45