grief [Theme] Page 3

And such sorrow seizes the heart, such sorrow for the lost people, for the devastated land, that it seems that this sorrow - deep, indestructible, unquenchable - like a punishing right hand, will someday rise above the vile country that has fed these degenerates who now, pressed by us, they retreat farther and farther along the snowy roads leading to the west.
Quote Explanation: Publication in the newspaper "Krasnaya Zvezda", 1943
№ 419591   Added MegaMozg 23-05-2021 / 16:42
The sword that administers revenge also has a handle full of sharp spikes. But sometimes it's the only way out...
№ 418091   Added MegaMozg 29-04-2021 / 19:30
We arrived in Beslan on the morning of September 1st. The city was already cordoned off, around - as in Chechnya in the ninety-ninth: infantry fighting vehicles, armored personnel carriers, heavy equipment. That's all I remember vividly. The rest - fragments stuck in the memory, despite its ability to erase the unbearable from the head. There is no other way to remember Beslan - you will go crazy.
Quote Explanation: At the time of the hostage-taking in school No. 1, she was in Karachay-Cherkessia, where she was sent to cover President Putin's upcoming trip. The trip was canceled, and journalist, having learned about what happened in Beslan, immediately flew there. Post in Livejournal o tragedy.
№ 417785   Added MegaMozg 26-04-2021 / 23:30
It seemed to be enveloped in a dark cloud - not quite, quite black, no, but still quite dark and making it difficult to see what was happening around. This is what makes our grief so fragile.
№ 416089   Added MegaMozg 29-03-2021 / 17:21
We try to console ourselves, we call it "sorrow for the dead"... But this grief is just a sense of guilt. We are gnawed by our conscience for surviving.
№ 415773   Added MegaMozg 26-03-2021 / 11:33
But what is sorrow if not enduring Love?
№ 414622   Added MegaMozg 07-03-2021 / 17:48
They mourn the dead. What a great sorrow. But I can not. My grief is deeper than the ocean. I will drown in it. If I let it out.
№ 412269   Added MegaMozg 28-01-2021 / 23:03
Kitsune decorated the grave with flowers. Then she struck sparks, setting incense on fire. Lights danced obediently, thin smoke stretched towards the cloudy sky. Watching the blue streams, Mei reflected on memory, frost and pain. About smiles and how they leave a trace in the heart forever. About the impossibility now to say and explain something. That loss teaches humility.
Quote Explanation: The main character comes to the grave of her mentor, grieving the loss of a loved one.
№ 408884   Added MegaMozg 10-12-2020 / 18:09
And this new spring will not return to us.
Everything we've lost.
Who knew that the new spring
Will it kill you?
No, we didn't know.
№ 408265   Added Viker 07-12-2020 / 13:22
But grief is a dangerous thing in the sense that if people do not share it, it separates people by itself.
№ 408180   Added Viker 07-12-2020 / 13:09
The vocation of philosophy is to expand the area of feelings with thoughts. So that love, and joy, and hope, and pain, and sorrow are experienced large, universally, not being exhausted by everyday situations. And so that at the top of these experiences new feelings are born, for which there are still no concepts in the language, because in ordinary situations these feelings are rarely manifested.
№ 407922   Added MegaMozg 02-12-2020 / 06:03
I grieve more for the death of one loved one than for the death of twenty traitors.
№ 406387   Added MegaMozg 03-11-2020 / 11:00
Hi everyone, I've had a tough week. Some of you know, some don't, Frances is gone anymore – she died of an overdose on Sunday and I'm grieving for her, but I've learned something: I've actually been grieving all these years because even when she was alive, she didn't seem to exist. It's hard to live when you're mourning the living, so in a way it's even better. I loved it so much... loved my girl so much. I always felt that I had to stay strong, that there would be some event in the future for which I was stocking up on strength, but after that event there could be no more. I hope she's not suffering now. Goodbye, Francis.
№ 406329   Added MegaMozg 02-11-2020 / 22:48
Do not indulge children's whims, do not go on the lead, but learn to calmly find the cause of the negative behavior of children: if in response to a remark, the child gives in for a while, then he lacks your attention. If he continues to insist on his own, "challenges", and indignation boils in you - "fights for power". Look affectionately into your eyes, do not get involved in a quarrel, stand your ground: "A meek answer averts anger, and an offensive word arouses rage" (Proverbs 15:1). If in response to the remark you see an attempt to "take revenge", do not take out your offense in response, separate the child's sin from him, remember that this sorrow was given to you for sins, start restoring the relationship first. "Beware of your children with all care from whims before you, otherwise children will soon forget the price of your love, will contagion their hearts with malice. Caprice is the germ of heart damage, the rye of the heart, the prayer of love, the seed of malice, the abomination to the Lord."
№ 405198   Added MegaMozg 09-10-2020 / 15:54
Are these the voices of our dead friends, or is it just a gramophone?
№ 404434   Added MegaMozg 24-09-2020 / 08:00